Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    omg please get this game right, im losing the will to game, im grasping onto this game and BF3 hoping to restore my addiction in pc gaming, like most people have mentioned taking out prone made me just want to forget thisgame and wait for BF3 but if they release a demo ill give it a go and who knows i might be happy.

BF1942 was amazing, BF2 was ok but not as good, and omg BF2142 was a cop out.

2. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I appriciate your opinion and obviously this is one way of looking at it.

But this swings both ways, with prone you can hide from snipers in the vegetation, remb the sniper scope is very narrow and you basically got 0% sideview making a proned opponent who spotted you impossible to spot as a recon/sniper while zoomed in.

Also, DICE could introduce alot of little tradeoffs to things like sprint + strafe, lean and prone.
    Prone should be coded in such a way that you cannot abuse it a lá BF2 style and perma dolphine dive while you empty 200 bullets with your m60. Also you can make so the angle of aiming while proned is very limited vertically and horizontally, I mean it is pritty natural for anyone who ever been in the army that you cannot for example effectivly fire on someone who has higher ground then yourself while in prone, and it is not easy to change targets / aim point left to right since it involves movment of your lower body aswell ruining your aim and breathing.
    I not saying they have to do breathing like COD1, but some restrictions would be good, I mean every positive aspect of proning should be meet with some negative things - not gamebreaking making the whole thing useless but some minor tradeoff. Like your "stealthed"/blending better but you cannot engage targets all over the screen, reloading taking longer, narrower aimpoint ( angles vertically and horizontally ) when "aiming"/right click aiming and so on.

There are lots of little things you can do to balance each of these "perks" but my point is that they do not have to be overpowered if you implement them correctly. Having balanced prone + lean + sprint+strafe ( don't mean that you litterally sprinting 100% left/right :d ) is so much better then beeing stuck with stand..sit..perma sprint..that feels limited and something you would see in a game from 2001 :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  3. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    that is the most idiotic thing ive ever heard, you better get on the Geneva Convention and tell them top Axe Snipers cos they go prone and we cant seem them in the bushes or anything............ridiculous.:nerd:

Or better still throw your pc in the bin and buy a console, its all their for you.

i personally like the challange of finding the sniper, yeah it can get frustrating but thats part of the fun its part of the game.

4. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    cant even connect this morning....

5. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I just got through playing for an hour.

6. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Christ this game needs alot of work to get it finished.

Every minute i either can't sprint, can't do anything i just get a cursor movin about, one of my move keys will lock up, i just hope they get it sorted in time.

7. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    i do not remember 1942 having this many issues =-o

8. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870

This.

Biggy, you've played Op Flashpoint 2, where when you go prone it takes time - I think that would provide a trade off between dolphin diving and a sense of realism.

I got damn annoyed in the game yesterday (many thanks to the guru who sent me a key! :D) because no-one could take down the apache and the cover I was trying to hide behind (concrete wall) was not tall enough to cover me even when I was crouching. I thought go prone and I will survive....oh wait.

Especially with destructible environments when cover gets blown away.

AA does seem dodgy in this game, however with it turned up I found it did make the graphics much clearer and looked a lot better.

Performance is quite odd, my average fps @ 1680 with everything on low with no AA was between 40-60; everyone on high (apart from HBAO or whatever) and 8x AA 16x AF wasn't actually that much lower - too laggy to play comfortably but not the hit I was expecting from such a jump in settings.

Game overall seems like it has potential, with some of the performance issues sorted out (though it wasn't as bad as I had feared) and a lot of good maps I'll take another look at it!

9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    are you kidding 1942 demo was a nightmare for the bug/glich fixers.
    this beta is not that bad when it comes to things they need to fix(non-gameplay)
    been playing on a 88gt 1280x1024 x1af x8 aa med settings and high textures with very high(over 60)fps.
    to top it all off i am on 191.07 driver no issues at all.

edit
    i wondr the chances they give us another map or two in a later patch?

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hello, u r playing a PC game which many medium or poor skilled players r attempting. Ur UBEr skill ruin their FUN..man why u some of u keep moaning and whining about LEAN and Prone in MW2 and This? as u see developers which r paid good enough investment on their product thinks that PRONE os a NO and LEAN is a NO ...they know something u cant see...they r not stupid..they r acting for the goodness of general MEDIUM level gamers...

Sorry my friend, from now on u better get used to this kind of games..as u see not just console but also PC is getting influenced. but iam tired to try to explain things..infact i dont care..i dont moan about lean and prone..i play good in any way...:nerd:

i just finished a round with 170 ping on my G15 as i see..and i still own bigtime..

11. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    gamers will use all advantages they can, including the ghey dolphin diving :p maybe dice doesnt want players to misuse prone again by remove the feature completely

12. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Maybe dice just sucks at coding the prone, I mean, BF 2 was the only game where I ever saw dolphin diving, and it certainly wasn't the only game with proning.

13. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    you hit the nail on the head, that would be perfect :)

14. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Everyone who is happy about prone being taken out is happy because it takes the ability to dolphin dive like a nipple, but your only happy cos you couldnt see a sniper when they are prone, erm Arent snipers supposed to be all about stealth and trying to stay hidden while taking long shots ?

15. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    How many weapons have you guys managed to unlock in the same kit?

I'm stuck on 3 weapons, seems each time I reach the pt limit for the 4th one the limit or score is increased.. **** sake I want my M60 god dammit :/

One thing that is mayor lol now though, everyone started to run around with the 1911 .45er since it does more dmg then any other lgm or carbine. I personally am using it instead of my lgm since it doesn't do any dmg in close range lol..

2x .45er rounds in chest = dead VS 10-15 from LGM.. 7.62 ammo vs 9 mm... its bull****. They need to rebalance the weapons, though it is funny to see the people on my server ( always playing on the same one ) running around gunning with the 1911 instead of their carbine.. like assault classes only use their carbine for the 40 mm granade then they gun ppl down with well aimed 2x .45 rounds..silly :banana:

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Beta limitation or something like that, three possible unlocks for each class at a maximum level of 11 or something.
    (Will just keep increasing the required XP or set a really high amount required after this.)

17. Smellbow

Smellbow Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Im triying to get the hang of this game heh, tis fun but it does get annoying when people moan about you... "noob" comments and the like.

Im having fun so stfu with your 1337 skills...

Question - when sniping how do you judge where to fire, i mean like how far above a target thats a long way off? any way to tell?

18. Resilient223

Resilient223 New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTS 250 1GB GDDR3
    Anyone got a spare beta key i can use? I really need to get a hold of one

19. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    hahaha

But seriously could they not at least try to put in some some of intelligent method of prone, rather than saying "we've made a decision decision" (read: we want to be like COD where everything is fast!!)

Guys, am I just being an idiot or do you get the same weapons on both sides? I knew unlocks on BF2 were for any side, but the core guns were individual for each team weren't they?

I'm not a fan of games where you get the same stuff whichever team you are on - I liked it back when there was a difference e.g. the good old days of medal of honor, where you knew who was around you by the sound of their weapons.

It does seem that games seem to recently be going to "the all-important centre ground of [gaming] politics" e.g. just rehashes of whatever CoD did in an attempt to attract a wider audience.
    This annoys me because most of the games I love and indeed some of the best things in life are those which split opinion e.g. the marmite love/hate effect.

20. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Spent some playtime on it now.

Great potential but......

- Weapons are pathetic in terms of balance
    - Snipers need to be limited to a certain smaller percentage of a team (say 10 or 15%)
    - No info on servers in terms of their player capacity ie 30 of 32 rather than just 30 as I tried to join 18 servers this aft all with less than 32 players and was told they were all full :S

Glad to be back to teambased fps tho :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.