Battlefield - Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PirateNeilsouth, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yah but both deltaforce 1 and 2 sucked man :) remb playing them on win98 lol ><

Desert combat was like the 1st fps game where sniping really took some serious skills and where u at the same time had pritty gfx, and in other ways a functioning competative mp game :)..

Sure counter strike pre the source thing was fun and nice to play team vs team and even ffa pwning newbs but it was pin point accuracy with the scout and awm so not that exciting :p

Remb playing desertcomabt ages ago on that map with a large Hanger for the iraqi forces on one of the larger desert maps wich had like a bunker in the middle of the map ( if you remb that one )..anyway used to parachute out of the ac30 up in the mountains left of the iraqi hangar and be out of small arms range and just have a nice hunt session xd..
    Man could land headshots on moving ppl from like 2 km in the game haha had to aim like 6-7 cm ahead and above while adjusting to a moving target :p

Personally I think sniping should be extremly hard and be subjected to not only basic bullet trajectory/ballistics but also wind and heat/cold - I mean that would make each map only have a few really deadly snipers..nothing worse then when FPS games get infested by snipers dropping retarded claymores everywhere and pointblanking ppl with their mainweapon.

Ah well I hope you all people getting online today post benches, vids, SS of all the graphics options and report on performance and dx11 capabilities and so on :)

2. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    If you'd read the thread you would no that you can't download it yet .

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    O yea btw guys has anybody played Beta on PS3?i hope they didnt implement stupid killcam like in MW2?! coz if they have it would really suck,expecially for snipers!

4. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    It has kill cam

5. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    It has killcam, like all BF games had..but you know what BC has console.. wich means on a dedicated server you can change most any ingame perameter to your own liking.

Meaning: No kill cam, friendly fire, gravity ( to prevent bunny jumping ) and so on.

6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

there is a killcam but it never bothered me much as a sniper. Don't forget that YOU also get killcam lol

7. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Damn! lol

ah well doesnt matter, cant wait to play it :D

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    and we will see when the HACKS will be ON :)

9. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    Well this is incorrect bf2,2142 or 1942 never had kill cam. You die you lie on the floor you respawn.

10. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yup, thats how i want it! :D well more like You kill he lies on the floor :)

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah, i remember it being like this.

12. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I remember both bf2 and desertcombat mod having killcam on the newb servers that where anti sniper..? Not like a free camera but when you got killed you kinda hovered above the guy who killed you for a few sec before you respawned etc..

I'm not 100% sure but like 98% can't be in my imagination can it :)? Have to admit I havn't played BF2 for more then a year when I last and finally got fed up getting roxxored by ppl using specialforces weapons ( medic g36c ZZzzzzz )

13. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    but the map is so vast its hard to locate sniper who killed u from killcam, unless u also play as sniper sometime u would know where he is camping.

14. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Umm never played on anti-sniper server so you might be right :)

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I've got the key
    I've got the secret
    I've got the key
    To another way
    Ah ah ah ah ah ah
    A ha a ha

:banana:

16. USFORCES

USFORCES Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780 SLI @ 2560x1600
  17. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    This game is just epic.
    I really do feel bad for Infinity Ward...their servers are going to be empty

18. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well tbh now when you guys mention it maybe it never had any killcam..just feels like it always did.

Pritty sure I was ghosting around the construction site BF2 map with kill cam sometimes after I got killed to find a sniper or whatever that kill me but maybe I got false memories :infinity:

Anyway, I'm sure that if BC2 has kill cam wich it seems to have, u can disbale it via the server admin console commands..so on the more hardcore servers there will be no killcam, it will be friendly fire, 100% dmg, 100% vehicle dmg etc..

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    guys please post what server you are one, when the game finally works. :)

20. Jenova_link

Jenova_link Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    a key to a demo....lol wow :puke2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.