Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Day one DLC(pay)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Feb 10, 2010.

1. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Pretty sure he was on about Killing Floor since that is what they were talking about (with the extra skin packs).

As for this DLC, I'm in the same boat with everyone else. If it's just useless things like extra skins I could care less. If it's something that should be included with the game like a new map, vehicle, weapon, etc, then that just goes to show you which direction this game is heading. Rawr.

2. LordSoth

LordSoth Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8gig
    sounds like a load'a toss. got a game that now seems i need a quad core just to play which is wank and now this bull. Glad i stopped my order.

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I bet ppl who aren't veteran can buy the ww2 weapons lol. ;)

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    MW2 stuff is free haha

5. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    What stuff? :p I haven't been aware of anything that has been released. Then again I only just got it...

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, yeah thats what i ment :p

On topic though i hate any paid for DLC released on game release day, i mean it smacks of was part of the game but decided to charge for it seperately.

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I would like to know if this means better weapons for a price. I dont care if there are 40 cents I just dont like the direction of these transactions.

If this is true with better paid weapons I will cancel my preorder.

8. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yah and we are not "buying it" :)..

Complete bull****, not surprised though, EA did the same thing to BF2, released a useless expansion that NOBODY bought, then all of a sudden they unlocked the overpowered weapons to be used on BF2 classic servers and if you paid you got the improved weapons.

That made me quit BF2 totally, was so tedious to get snipered by a 3 burst from a medic with an oped G36E, FACE PALM. As soon as you captured a G36E yourself it was all easymode and you went on a mad killingspree.

Wouldn't surprise me if they put stuff like LEAN and PRONE as DLC aswell, just to milk them cash. Sure times are though but perhaps we should all tip ourself some extra..I mean hey bro ur a doctor that liter of milk gonna run you 30 bucks yo..don't like it? don't buy it! Ur a CEO? Oh man I hope you brought your Benjamins dude :banana:

9. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well..ask yourself this:

What kind of DLC material would you consider to buy?

A) Useless skins?
    B) Useless wallpapers?
    C) Superior weapons to get the edge over other people and eventually weapons everyone needs to be on pair?

If your gonna have a codemonkey implement a DLC feature I think you want it to sell either by strongarming your consumers into a purchase or by having some really really really good content.

Now whats your guess?

/edit

Now, one thing that I would like in a DLC if they are hellbent on putting that into BC would be:

1) Individual camo suits, that you design yourself via some webinterface that can be used by your guild/clan/community, to but a more personal touch. Obviously the design has to be approved and be in line with the game spirit and not be abusive.

2) Upgradable profile, where you again can personalize and make ur profile more individual, gallerys, picks, maybe an "officers" suit where you can have all your medals and awards on the jacket so to speak. Could be an animation of ur toon/char etc.

3) Maybe some customizable looks of your equipment like Dragonscale body armor, WW2 german helmets, WW2 french helmets, SAS helmets, Gasmasks. Diffrent gloves, diffrent style on uniforms ( goes hand in hand with the nr1 ). Perhaps customizable faces on your toon, gender etc.

But I know as you guys do, it will be something useless in this DLC package that will strongarm us into buying it to be able to compete on the "standard server" 1 shot 1 kill perks, fkn godmode pills, shots with "ULTRA RAGE MODE MONSTER KILL SPREE" steroids and other things that will unbalance a new game that still isn't really finetuned balancewise. We all know it :p

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    not Karkand! any map besides it! sooo over played in BF2!

i dont mind if they charge for stuff like skins and perks, but they better not charge for maps, all that will do is split the community! again ....

12. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Hehe well even though not everyone loved karkand ( I did, I only played like Karkand, mashtuur city and that afghan villgage map ) karkand with full demolition and a graphics update could be extremly cool.

I do however think having to pay for maps in the future will split the community. Most people will not buy a map. However I rather have maps then beeing strongarmed into buying things like oped weapons that I HAVE to buy to compete.

The strongarming part is what pisses me off, they can have knitting tips in their DLC for all I care but as soon as they make it necessary to buy things to compete they gone too far.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    graphic update for Karkand? ive been looking for graphic updates for BF2?

14. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Indeed.

I think DLCs are but a crap concept to make us spend more money on a game we already bought. And I'm against it all the way.

15. vipk

vipk Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4890 1 Gb
    The game seems to be taking the right direction right now. If they put some overpowered weapons into DLC they will ruin it and no serius gamer will play it. There are enough competitive shooters on the market so this would be really stupid.

It is possible to add DLC weapons which won't unbalance the game. Just look at Team Fortress 2. Valve is constantly adding new things and the game is only better for it. It's even better that they add it for free:D

16. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    i never payed for any of the expansions but got the weapons - just logged into a mates pc with SF on it and job done.

tbh the new weapons actually made bf2 alot better not worse - so its a shame you quit so early. and medics had always been overpowered from day one so the new unlock didnt really change anything!!

and they were kind enough to give away all the expansions in the recent update - not sure what other company would of done that to revive the community more after 5+ years, instead of just shutting down all the servers!

17. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Valve is smart though. Whenever they add a big amount of new content, they have a TF2 sale. This makes all the people buy it (making they're profit jump by a decent number). Also, the people who already own the game get it for free! Everyone is litterally happy.

18. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I think we need to stop whining about this dlc. You guys are just making up your ideas about the dlc and than are starting to hate on it. How about we just wait and see whats in the dlc and than start whining?

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well gl hf whining when they implemented it then it is there to stay.

The best way to make money with DLCs is to strongarm the community if they are willing to bend, if not you make no money and you game will tank.

Having 10-12 yo kids using emotional blackmailing on their parents to get your DLC is perfect, the kids are easy to manipulate and nobody can manipulate their parents more effectivly then their kids. This is the whole idea with DLC in consoles wich demographic is much much younger then the PC - or did you think this was a coincidence :d?

20. Chesty_Puller

Chesty_Puller Member Guru

A little naive are we?

Paid DLC is such a farce. Originally it was touted as optional and consisted of content usually in the forms of different texture skins. That's how it starts though, slowly and insignificantly, then it changes into what we're seeing today. Today we have release day paid DLC, stuff that was developed while the core game was but withheld for even more money as if $60 isn't already too much money for increasingly less amount of actual content in games.

So we've gone from hilarious horse armor which was bought it droves to essential basics for RPG games such as storage options in Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins. We're finally seeing exactly what anyone with a brain knew was going to happen with the idea about paid DLC and that is it is becoming anything but optional now.

Release day paid DLC is a crock of **** plain and simple. It's an underhanded way to increase the initial price of games to cover incredibly bloated and outrageous marketing budgets which don't bring **** to the games we as gamers play. We're beginning to see the shift from insignificant "optional" DLC to paid DLC that is "worth it". Smart gamers knew this was going to occur yet considering the majority of gamers are idiot consumers that believe marketing are now starting to wake up because it's too obvious now what's occurring.

Plenty of good PC developers release free DLC that continue a game's life span and bring in continued sales. Valve and Relic are great examples of where you don't need to charge for everything in order to stay in business, turn out quality game, or pay the bills. It's a shame gaming is so ass backwards that this type of shenanigans work on gamers.