Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Most clan sites stream to pbbans, so most hackers don't last for too long before getting blacklisted from most every server out there.

Worst I ever saw was in BF2, right after the drop vehicle was added. Someone was dropping about 100 of them per minute. Eventually, he died, causing the drops to stop (showing who it was). Perma-banned him myself. :D

2. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I remember seeing that hack myself when the vehicle drop was introduce.

Funny thing was, it was a completely pointless hack.

3. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I encountered that several times in Squad deathmatch on Panama Canal. We had control of the large building on the far side of the map near the harbor, & another squad would magically appear on the roof opposite us. It took them 4-5 tries take us out, but the entire squad would just keep materializing out of nowhere.

4. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Got two hackers on one of my favorite servers yesterday too.
    We played Squad Death Match. Map was Isla Innocents. Two guys just stand on a top of the hill one with M14 and the other with MG36. They were killing everyone the moment they spawned no matter which part of the map. They did not aven hide or denied they were hacking. Someone mentioned they were using "Magic Bullets" hack. I still do not know how hack even work.

5. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Well, thats not the job of EA nor of the devs.
    Evenbalance (Punkbuster) needs to do this and they probably are. But I guess they can't just simply "hotfix" a solution in.

Just like a normal aimbot. But usually if you hide behind terrain it can't hit you. Never saw a hack where they shoot through the landscape

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  6. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    quick question.

im loving BF lots. it took a few goes to get into but now i really like it. the graphics are improving in my eyes (getting used to them) and actually find them refreshing and fresh. really like the lighting.

the game is running really quick on my system
    1055T @ 3.7
    OC`d 5850
    4gb 1333mhz
    2048 x 1152p

my question is even using raedon pro i cant get effective AA :( even on x24 Supersampling + game set x8 AA !, even narrow tent smooth nothing really good.

also i see grass, texture, vegitation POP, now, i wonder if there is a way to push the scaling of object detail LOD and texture LOD further back than standard?

you here a lot of complaints about performance and speed, so lots of optimization but i actually want to increase the graphics quality :)

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Evenbalance dont care about hackers as much as they used too.
    You only had to show them in previous BF games a very high kill streak that you just know is impossible to get in a streak or somebody with very score in a round and that player would get there stats reset swiftly!

They dont care nowadays.....i dont know how many times i had reported hackers to Stuart Dunsmore and Hendrick Thole...waste of time in 2010/11.

8. BASGTA

BASGTA Guest

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    If you get called a hacker or cheater by someone with a negative KDR, it's usually apart of the lolumadfactor.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I have a fun little story to share:

So after a year of playing this on and off ''dreaming'' to have an unlocked Garand even though BBC2 was the first BF game I played I finally got it yesterday... for free.

I did not realise that the free to play Battlefield Heroes counts towards the Veteran status, furthermore I thought you need at least a veteran rank of 2 to get the M1 unlocked. Anyway I go ahead, make a BH account with same email as of the ea account, play a few yet my veteran rank stays to 0.

Now comes the fun part, I and contact EA customer support to fix my problem via chat and the guy somehow gives me veteran rank 3 instead of 1. Went to check my soldier details on their website and apparently I own BF2 with all addons and the original BF Vietnam along with BF Heroes. :eek:

Since I'm only playing Vietnam this weapon is quite good, besides the WW2 ''nostalgia'' factor I get from watching too much BoB, Pacific and the like. :D

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    You can still access the Veterans page? Every time I try to go there I just get a timeout error.

11. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Well I have finally gotten into this game as well! I bought it the day it was released and am now just getting into it. I had so many issues with this game before and not to mention my HD 5970 which I bought for this game played it like dog crap! My sli gtx 470's love this game and so do I.

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    No, I couldn't, actually the whole soldier stats page was last updated like 3 months ago and wouldn't update even half an hour of refreshes. Hence I went to customer support and they did the verteran thing manually, and now even though my stats are still not upated on the website, the veteran rank is 3.

13. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Im vet rank 2 or 3 but Ive never been able to get 2142 registered.

Have BF2 with all add ons, bf heroes, bc2 and 2142 w/ northern strike.

14. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Oh yeah, that rank still bugs out and +1 to whatever it's supposed to be. You look in your stats and it's normal, you go in game and it's +1.

@Dublin_Gunner: I think there's a problem with the 2142 usernames, my friend couldn't get his working either. It's no big deal, really. As long as you get the M1, that's all you visit the page for. :/

15. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Heros does not count toward your Veteran rank. This is why EA minus 1 when calculating your true rank.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    lolwut? BFH does count towards the rank, hence ANYONE who has BBC2 can get the M1 for free. And if you would read it carefully I said that BFH is the only other BF game I have and my veteran rank should have been 1 but instead the guy from customer support gave me 3. ;)

17. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I only have BC2. Never had any BF games before. I registered online for BF Heroes and asked tech support to update my Veteran Status. They game me Veteran Status 8. LOL.:D

18. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Mine's been wonky since it came out. I should have 6-7 but after a patch it went from 5 ingame to 3. Yet stats still list me as Rank 5. The whole thing has been bugged since day one.

19. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    agreed. I have every bf game for pc and only 3 register but sometimes its 4 and none of the battlefields register except bf2, heroes, and 2142

20. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I signed up for Heroes with my one and only EA account, played a couple rounds to get to level 3, and it never showed up in my veteran status. So, I went to the support page as others said to do here, and that same account I have won't let me log into the support site. So I am basically screwed.

Not like I can contact support about not being able to log into support. :bang: