Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    this game is getting boring due to lack of maps and what not.. I bet they will completely stop updating it since Vietnam is coming out. Dice has there hands in to many half assed games right now.

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    It's an expansion to BC2, and stats carry over, so maybe not.

3. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    One of the reasons I stopped playing was the lack of maps, and every time they brought out a "map pack" it was like being spat on.

4. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    Exactly.. I pretty much have stopped playing it now. Back to tf l4d2 and borderlands.. hoping someone makes a good fps again =[

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Battlefield games have traditionally had a lot of longetivity,however Bc2 is a failure in this area,shame really as certain aspects of it are good,but the negative aspects really do damage to its longetivity,it will die long before BF2 does me thinks.

Bf2 is till being played strong after 5 years,somehow i cant see Bc2 matching that.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    So by your way of thinking any game that you dislike is a failure? BC2 is hardly a failure, far from it in fact.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    As long as they get Bf3 right i couldnt give 2 monkeys what else they concentrate on and mess up in the process....

"In the end there can be only one"

8. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    if they do it would be great.. but don't get your hopes up. Dice is not the same company as it once was.

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Actually, they're the same company. Things change, is all.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Go ask many a hardcore BF2 player if it isnt a failure,even the softcore players that never played a Bf game are sick of it,i could go into detail but i cant be bothered as most of the 100's of servers online are empty,says alot for a game thats only been out less than 12 months:)

If i could sell my key for this game i would but i cant as i think its tied to steam.

11. buddyfriendo

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    I didn't say BF2 was a failure, I said your accusation that BC2 is a failure because you dislike the game is pure crap. I get it you don't like BC2, that doesn't make it a failure. To each his own, however it's sold over 5 million units. I'd hardly call that a failure.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    i dont dislike the game,i think its a shame as parts of it really shine, i got bored after hitting level 31,kdr 1.29 and 202 hrs of play,but the lack of bigger maps(less bottlenecks and more than one way to attack a flag/coms),giving an assault class a GL launcher AND AMMO SUPPLY which makes its less team based effort cause of GL spam(what the f4ck was DICE thinking here),i could go on about no jets,no commander,no time based/global like in Bf2 for longetivity,CG spamming,no commo rose,overpowered and unbalanced weapons(shotgun with slugs=great sniper..wtf??) and few other things but they dont bother me.

Like i said above,maps and class f4ck up really kill it for me over the long term,i think its the same for many players...casual gamer=winner..Hardcore Bf gamer=failure:)

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont care how many units it sold,i do not benefit from the sales and cash that DICE make,i benefit from the game itself,example look at MW2 sales,millions and millions..look at the game..pathetic.:)

14. buddyfriendo

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    That's all subjective, I'm not saying I disagree with everything because I don't. I don't get how you can say the game is a failure at pretty much every aspect yet say you don't dislike it.

The game isn't a failure, sure it disappoints on some levels but it's far from being a failure, and this is coming from someone who owns every single PC BF game released not a "casual player".

It's different from the others but I still find it fun. And as far as I'm concerned my point still stands.
    I get it, you don't like the game. That still doesn't make it a failure. Same goes for MW2, I absolutely hated it and thought it was the same old crap with new maps a different single player campaign, but thats my opinion. There are millions of people who would disagree with me on that I'm sure. Like I said, to each his own. You think it's a failure, thats fine, but in reality it isn't.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Well i have posted what i think,i respect your views on this also and i can see where you are coming from and what you mean,anyhow im going to bed,peace out:)

16. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    I'm actually having an issue even getting to play the game..

I bought it through EA store, and installed the game using that goofy download manager. For whatever reason, it wasn't patched (wtf EA?) and the updater keeps bombing out with the error that it cannot find the patch.

I found a .rar of all the patch files, and extracted it to the directory, that didn't work.

I also allowed the .exe in firewall, am running it as administrator, all that.. Nothings working. Any help is appreciated.

17. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @NobleKnight:

Are you trying to launch the game using BFBC2Game.exe or BFBC2Updater.exe? You are supposed to use the updater to launch the game.

Also, EA Store is EA Store. If it still doesn't work give EA support a message, you could get a free game. :p

18. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Got killed by a G3 last night.
    In a tank!
    Took out my squad mate riding with me at same time.
    WTF.

19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I love BC2, What a game, I can hardly call it a failure, come on ! The game is tons of fun, some of it is unrealistic of course, but hey, its a game ! Love the graphics, love the engine, and the general feel, this is the game that made me end my 10 year career in CS1.6, that says a lot ! :D

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not been following BFBC2 news for some time, have they released any new maps yet? Untill they do I really cant be arsed playing this again. The lack of maps really killed the game for me which is a shame as there is so much potential. I would even be willing to pay DLC for some good map packs for this.