Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Add it as a non steam game and add the -pinginterval 50000.
    All the instructions are in the video

2. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    So in order for this to work, I need to use steam? Is it possible to just use a desktop shortcut with this?

3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Yes its possible no need to use Steam.

4. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    ok, I'll give it a try later, having RAM issues currently. 1 of my 2GB sticks died.Thx for the info.

5. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Currently I don't have the problem actually I never had it and I don't know if this will help you fix it, but its good to try it. There must be a solution for this problem but I hope its not your ISP as it will make it difficult to fix.

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    OK, these connection issues are just a bit annoying! "lost connection" "lost connection to host" "lost connection to EA" WTF man ...

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Oh this game is just nothing compared to BF3! :(

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Update:
    i found a solution for my connection issues atleast. i tried all the ini tweaks etc, nothing worked. then i read there's an issue with the auto login feature. as i always use it, so i logged out and logged back in and kept "auto login" unchecked and since then i have been able to connect to any server and not get kicked with a connection error! hopefully this will work for others ...

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Quote obvious that it works but from a smarter point of view it would be better to just open those ports that matter using port forwarding.

10. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    I had actually already tried setting my pc as DMZ and disabling SPI in the router and I was still getting disconnected. The only thing that worked for me was setting the "pinginterval". DonĀ“t know if it was a coincidence or not but it works for me.

11. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Anyone still play this game? It's awesome!

I've been doing some performance recording with my 6950 before I get my 7970...and this happened.

After playing BF3 I miss C4'ing like this..it makes this game much more entertaining (imo).

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    I was a BC2 player and I found it awesome. But BF3 is a better game in every way for me.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i go back and forth between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, i like BF3 more, but i like to play BC2 when i get tired of BF3's maps. i also play Homefront! when i get bored of the other two. as he ducks ... :wanker: