1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah man. interesting.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Those German bastards :mad: ...
    Oh :D :angel:
    If it's their server you'd have to follow their rules, yes, at least to a certain extinct.
    I think they're not allowed to restrict you in your choices as far as I know, that'd be against the rules for ranked servers. If you drop EA a note it may not be ranked anymore soon ;)

3. Russell

Russell Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 280
    Is the add friends feature working properly yet ? I tried to add about a dozen people to my friends list but only ended up with half of them. Some of which had to try multiple times to add me.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    add friend not working properly and i still cant see my friends as online and they cant each other too.

and yeah thats their server and its hard to see rules..at least there was no message about rules on JOINING screen ..

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I really hope they do something about the rules soon. They should have proper filters that actually work and don't tag a server "hardcore" that has nothing more but the HUD disabled.

PS: Anyone else playing this with a Fermi card? In DX11 I always get 40-70fps, no matter what I do (to me it feels laggy below 80 somehow). I can even turn on 32xAA and it still runs like this... strange problem, I know :D

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    make it free for PC, duh

7. Russell

Russell Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 280
    Was planning on playing for a couple of hours tonight but I cant find any servers for the second night in a row.

anyone else having this problem ?

8. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I think it is a mix between drivers and the fact the game seems to rely abit too much on a fast multi core cpu.

For me with my 4870x2 my gpus are like 55-65% utilized when gaming wich obviously don't let them work as hard as they could, but the cpu is 75-85% sometimes. Even if an i5 or i7 is a stronger architecture I just find it hard to believe it really matters with one gpu or a 2 year old X2 card, but then again I don't know. Just abit odd that the cards ain't getting more stress then they are.

Even on empty servers the gpu utilization is low around 60% for each gpu wich kinda contradicts the notion that on for example a 32 man server the cpu is working hard to keep track of everything and can't push enough data to the gpus so they can really stretch their legs. On an empty server I should see a higher gpu utilization then imo if that where the case and I don't.

Hopefully both ATi and Nvidia get their drivers optimized for this game soon since playing on highend rigs with fps dropping to 40 in multiplayer is kinda sh1te if you ask me :)

Btw anyone else then me getting perma connection loss tonight ? Had it happend 5 times the last 45 mins and I had nothing yesterday when others had issues, they still doing their maintenance thing?

9. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I really don't understand why people think recon is such a useless class. All I play is recon pretty much since the started. I use the SVU rifle with magnum ammunition along with the upgrade ammo pack allowing me to hold more rounds per clip. I use the standard scope. If I see you first (which I usually do) I will pick you off before you can capture a flag or drop a land mine, or lob a 40mm shell at me. It takes 1 to 3 hits from an SVU usually 1 if I head shoot you. You can't hear me because the SVU has no tracers and is silenced. It fires fast if needed as well. A good recon will sit back and guard and protect. I have countless kills on people trying to capture my team’s flag. How is this useless?

Useless is the player just running around with a loud M60. You can hear it a mile away and they become my next kill. I think there is no class in this game that is useless. You just have to know how to use them. Also, if you guys want or think running head long out in the open is a good idea, then you're all fools. Look at all the foliage in the game. There can be someone literally anywhere and everywhere. Play smart and you will not lose your head by a sniper!

10. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    It's not that a sniper is useless...but a team full of them most certainly is. 90% of the recon players won't capture a flag or arm/disarm the m-com bomb.

This is where the attitude comes from. I would most certainly have the player with the loud M60 helping me cap a flag and revive me if needed. Not saying snipers can't be used effectively, we just don't need 1/2-3/4 of the team hiding in a bush.

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I never play rush. too much like CCS. I hated that game! Also, your loud M60 friend is dead by me before you are up on your feet. He is the first I aim for LOL

12. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Your post actually illustrates the uselessness of recon pretty well. You're essentially saying that recon is useful because you can kill people. But the other classes can kill at least as effectively as recon, plus they have other abilities to help their team.

That "useless" medic with his loud M60 can not only mow people down with his 100 round belt but also provides the invaluable services of healing and rezzing to restore tickets.

Having a few recon is fine and there are some horrible medic players out there, but overall it's rare that I'd rather have another wookie on top of the hill instead of a proactive player of another class.

13. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    I'd ban you from my server as well if you were constantly killing infantry with CG and spamming it non stop. People run around with it as though it's their primary weapon, it's ridiculous.

14. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    hey guys, with the current patch; I went from 60-70 average to an 80+ with dips to mid 70's with fps. I just upgraded from a 965 at 3.8 to a 1090t at 4ghz. I also got a large jump with warhammer 40k chaos rising

15. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    @Mr.Bigtime... yeah friends list is definitely messed up right now but you can still open it up even if it shows 0 friends online and click the arrow to join their server. :)

16. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Y'know, I really don't tend to like your posts. But this one is beautiful. You said everything so well. I'm in complete agreement - the recon spam is ANNOYING.

- PR-0927

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    You again, you sir, you cruel and ruthless!

And giving a judge on me without listening whole story.. Let me tell you..

i was engineer to kill tanks who were raping our base good.. and i fired my nade, pistol, rifle to enemy and out of ammo/nee to reload but they fire to me and i fired my CG to an infantry ONCE and FIRST time. and there was no way for admin kid to know that, that shot was my first and only shot to a single player. just check my CG score pls :)...and spam with CG? WTF is that? how u can spam with it.. i cant believe it exist.

you sir, i hope u can sleep well at night . u judge this gamer without listening and knowing whole story -_-. Fair Well

:nerd:

18. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    Mr. Bigtime, Passion Fruit's statement holds merit since you didn't post the whole story to begin with. How were we supposed to know you only fired it once?
    nowhere did it say you weren't spamming the CG,(which is using the CG as your first choice of weapon to use against everything.)
    It happens alot, I've seen several teams off noobs just running around using nothing but CG's.It's quite annoying and I would ban someone to for doing it, along with the 40mm grenade launcher or any of the other rockets.
    It is unfortunate you got kicked, but it happens.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Well, its all HUMOR, but it seems u didnt get it.. thats clear why people keep putting "j/k" tag in to their posts some times..lol..

And when things happen i try to think widely, objectively, there is always two sides of every story..but well, lets not discuss it here..

And if i was admin i wouldn't kick people for using game's weapons..thats awkward and lame.

kick all snipers then. they r useless and dont serve anything to the basics of the game..just camps and sniper..kick all of them man lol..kicking tubers and rocket firing people.. non of them r danger to me..becasue iam careful but people r getting anooying with any weapon these days...abakan or what ever it is..or knifing is even makes people angry and kick u..thats what i heard from another friend ..he knifed clan guy and kicked by no real reason..thats what it say..the thing is IW did good by no dedicated servers so no admins. because human judgment is most of the time wrong..i was an admin in BF2 times and saw my admin friends making mistakes.. human being created for making mistake at all..anyway..

The thing is, if technology is good enough, the thing IW did is good..but shame technology isnt perfect and lags etc killing the what MW2 tries to do..

ANwyay guys, these things r open to discussion and i dont want to tlak about and be part of it..lets ignore my post and continue..

20. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    :bang: put my post in the vault fail on that missed humor. Has the latest patch been applied yet? Im getting some freezes with the game, most I can exit(ctrl alt del) other require a reboot. I checked my rig,it's stable and clean.my internet connection is fine too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.