Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    still cant play mp at all. 2 weeks passed, cant even play mp more than 5minutes everytime. ffs, sadly back to mw2.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  3. Im2bad

Im2bad Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    It seems really odd that some people are having so many problems with this game and on the other hand some people have no problems at all.

There's a really good scenario of this: Whenever my friend tries to find a server more often than not he won't be able to connect to it or in some cases he won't even find servers. If I try it, I always find servers and I think I've only had one or two servers to which I couldn't connect.

But I do get CTD's every once in a while. I hope they fix that quickly.

4. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Latest patch causes ctd on singleplayer for me. Multiplayer is fine, though. Good thing I finished singleplayer the second day it came out.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
  6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  7. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strange... I've been playing BC2 with friends for a week now and none of us had problems. Only on the first day (last friday) there was maintenence and we couldnt play it after going to the shop to buy all the limited editions there. One of my friends had a problem where he couldn't connect to EA servers for a few minutes but everything else worked afterwards.

I've had a few CTDs but those were due to my (CPU) overclocking, which BC2 seems to be sensitive to. After increasing voltages and lowering a few clocks, everything is stable.

Friends list works for me. Though it could have been designed a little better. Same for server list, I always search because waiting for the master list to load takes forever and most of the servers have 150+ latency for me as I'm in Asia. Searching for "Taiwan" comes up with many EA servers near instantly. Never had DCs but wish there was a quick refresh button or similar to Steam, an auto join when server has a slot.

It's gotten slightly better after the few patches but definately still needs work on the server and friends list, missing plenty of features and stability from the looks of other people. I also wish we can create LAN servers (can we?), I want to practice with the helicopters but unless I find an empty server, nope.

The only other annoying thing I find is that there is no previous weapon quick key (not that important though), spawn killing possible on some maps.... (extremely annoying), and is it just me or whenever I fly the helicopter, I have to use the scroll wheel on my mouse to control it even though I mapped the controls to Y axis of movement? I also have many complaints about balancing of weapons right now but that'll be an endless debate :)

BTW: Does anyone play on a laptop? My friend's on a G70S (8700M GT SLI) and is having tons of issues with performance, movement, and response. Whenever he gets hit, his mouse jerks the opposite direction of where hes trying to aim (the enemy!), holding shift and running stutters, driving a tank stutters (he goes forward for a sec then pauses for 0.5s then goes forward), and basically extremely weird/crappy response from the game. I helped him install various drivers from his original 16x.xx to 189.xx to 190.xx to 196.xx all the same, though performance has gotten slightly better for him. I have totally no idea how to fix it though, I gave him my disk of Vista SP2 64bit to install on his spare partition to see if its a Windows issue, but all other games (TF2, MW2, ME1 2, Bioshock 1 2, etc) work for him...
    Servers fine as latency is <20 for me, <30 for him.
    I hate dealing with laptops.

8. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Single player can be fixed by selecting to start from the beginning of the level as opposed to simply selecting 'Resume'. I had this too but works fine now.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    glad to hear theres a solution! i didnt want to have to start SP over for the forth time ...

10. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    This happened for me near release. Try getting into a game with your friend and adding them manually from the squad screen. This worked for me.

Recently though friends have been added fine without having to be in-game with them.

11. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Just as well I completed the SP as I installed the 2nd patch to see if its is faster.

I got 75FPS before at before mentioned settings.

My FPS are down by at least 10FPS now and I get little freezes every few seconds.

I have seen this before years ago with some games, its like I walk forward then stop, then walk then stop.

12. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    seems quad core users lost fps, and dual core users gained some ... the game runs better for me after the patch.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    usually both me and my friend add eachother to maximize the possibility that one invite will get to eachother, lol

14. Erqury

Erqury Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    How come everyone who uses a tank ****ing drives away when an engineer is repairing. It makes no sense. Engineers can't run as fast as a tank and repair. It annoys me cause I play engineer and try to help the team out.... Also 7 repairs gives me a bonus 100 points :p

15. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    BC2 is currently using 20-40% of my GTX 275. This happened a few times before the patch but restarting the game would fix it. Now it no longer solves the problem. Anyone know how to fix this glitch?

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Erqury: Probably for the same reason that a friendly will walk up to a tank you just planted C4 on for some odd reason...... and basically FORCING you to teamkill before getting blown to bits yourself by the tank that is then aiming a shell the size of your head AT your head? Stupidity?

17. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    RAAAAAWR. This game seriously pisses me off with its freezing and crashing bull****. I've been crashing all night. Temps are fine, no memory errors, no BSOD's, completly stable and I have a hard time finishing a game. I even restart after it crashes and same crap over and over.
    Just a while ago, I was the highest player on my team and then I crash. I quickly open up BC2 again and rejoin the room and find that my score is reset. So all that exp I could have earned went down the drain. WTF.

18. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Yea most people hop into vehicles and have no clue what they're doing and no awareness of their surroundings.

19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Kinda like the people who hop into the pilots seat of a chopper, you hop into the gunner's seat..... and as soon as the chopper starts moving, you notice it's taking a rather direct sideways trajectory into the nearest building/mountain side, forcing you to immediately evacuate the vehicle before becoming another casualty of stupidity?

20. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well, nobody can be a pro on the first try :\

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.