Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    That balancing makes it a bit stupid imo. It's like watching over kids, you have to make sure everyone's happy. I guess real imbalances would upset the masses :rolleyes:
    But that would require restricted classes, or else everyone would be using the best one *COUGH M60 COUGH*

2. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Man, I really don't find the game unbalanced at all. I play every class & I don't find any one over powering another. You guys just need to get better at playing your classes.
    Medic I prefer the xm8 lmg with 4x scope & stabilization upgrade. Works great. & more accurate than the m60.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Out of curiousity, what forceware drivers are you nVidia guys using?

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    using 196.34 here..works flawless....

5. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    196.34 here, too

6. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    No, this doesn't make any sense at all. Noob tube kills everyone; it isn't any more effective against a particularly class. LMG's aren't a counter to AR's, and any weapon including a knife is fine against a sniper up close. "LMG's who tap" is also a ridiculous "counter" for snipers. It's possible to kill an unaware player at long range by firing individual shots with any weapon, not just an LMG.

Some games do have rock/paper/scissors balancing. For example, in TF2 the spy is the natural enemy of the engineer because of his sappers, and in WoW the rogue has a variety of stuns, interrupts, and silence attacks to deal with mages. BC2 is not like that.

7. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    Worth Buying Yet?

Hey guys,

After reading all of the issues going on after the release I figured to hold off on buying this game until it was a little more stable.

Is now a good time to buy it, has the patch fixed a lot of the issues, or is the game still pretty buggy?

Thanks

Oh and I'm talking mainly in terms of multiplayer, as I don't care about single player that much.

8. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    It seems buggy for some, but not for others. I fall into the latter. I have had zero bugs or connection problems. It has been a very smooth game for me.

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeah its been good since the latest patch.

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    did the update just a while ago, sigh the random crashing to desktop is still not fixed T_T

Funny thing is over the weekend I had to reinstall BC2 on my buddys computer. After I installed, I went and tested it out without updating. Saw that it wasnt crashing randomly and so I went ahead and updated. After the update, it became just like my computer, crashing at random. I reinstalled again without updating...and its back to normal. What the hell gives? Im going to be reinstalling the game again after I beat the single player and just not patch.

I would rather deal with the long server refreshes instead of crashing when I get in. At least I will be able to play the fricking game!

**arg...now I cant play anything...great, just crashes 2x as much. Anyone know where the single player game save file is?

11. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Cheers guys, might be my problem. I'm running on an slightly older set of drivers due to the fact that the latest official ones gave me hard lock-ups on Killing Floor.

Changing the subject slightly, is the Steam patch out yet?

12. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    with regards to nerfing weapons etc, those that played bf2 for years no all about the anger every patch brought and in the end they really messed around so much with the base game that it wasnt fun anymore .... and all bc of a few whiners who would complain about the sun shining if they could.

the biggest i remember was the blackhawk nerf where they effectively made it pointless overnight.........i do not want that to happen with this game! the weapons are fine as they are as are the vehicles.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    A good step into the right direction would be if they simply got their netcode and thus hit detection right. I'm sure that would help the most and make all weapons much more effective.

14. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Well I if they have same droprate as sniper rifles then I wouldn't notice it since well sniping with shotgun for me isn't as far as base to base sniping :)..

My range is like 100-150 meters wich is far enough that you don't see people at all without a sight.

15. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    You can try reinstalling, run the game, exit, then run the updater. I have read that a clean install, running the game first, then installing to the last patch solved some CTD issues.

Unfortunately, I do not know where the game saves are located, or if they can even be salvaged. Someone mentioned that if you do save single player games and try to replay them once you reinstall, it causes the game to crash when loaded.

I have not tried this myself, as the game runs fine for me. I do however, feel for the ones that can't get it working properly. :wanker:

16. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    I agree, I noticed that aswell.

Now I did change to prerender=1 instead of 2 like I had before. But I tested pre render 0 and 1 during SP and nothing changed there. But I'm leaning towards the render=1 was the culprit for me. Now the game runs flawless for me pritty much :)

17. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    What it bottoms down to is that EA made bank after 3 days :)

Anyone got any reliable salenummbers? I seen rediculous nummbers pointing to 10 million copys sold etc but they can't be right..no way they could even manufacture 10 million copys on such a short timeframe.

18. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    That # maybe way be completely blown up, but could it include estimated digital sales as well?

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Hehe I didn't even think about digital copys :)..

But obviously the nummber is all 3 platforms, so digital sales would only be for the PC no? I don't own a console anymore so donno if you can steam things on an xbox etc.

I can't teally find any respectable site wich has salenummbers and link to their sources so I don't really believe the 10 million mark already, but MW2 was said to have sold close to 5 million copys in 5 days. I didn't buy MW2 since it seemed crap but I did buy BC2. I havn't even pirated MW2 since it wasn't worth the time it took to DL, but I tried it on xbox at a mates house, and it wasn't for me.

20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The patch addressed the first issue, when I select server browser it no longer automatically starts looking for servers. That at least allows me to select the search parameters before looking for servers. The history is hit and miss it seems to have added a server or two that I have played on in the past but it still doesn't list many of the servers I have played on.

It does need to trim the server list though, maybe something like Steams region search for it's quick match servers? I have no interest in US servers as the ping is going to be horrendous. Or perhaps a search option to that allows us to search for servers based on ping? Also an option to list HC servers.

Some other thoughts,

They need to adjust the full rating for servers, the number of servers that say they have a free slot but then turn out not to have any borders on stupid sometimes. Dunno how they could work that what with the number of players joining and leaving each second. Real time updates would be... slow, then again I am not paid to solve these problems so...

Also does anyone get the problem where you click to join a server it looks like it is joining and then does nothing, just drops back to the server list, no full server msg, no nothing?

Finally the machine guns distance accuracy needs to be dropped off harder, A machine gun is a machine gun it is not a sniper rifle, so seeing folk able to use it as one is a bit stupid. The 40mm nade whores need to be reigned in perhaps giving them the means to rearm themselves just like the nade whores in BF2 was not a great idea. The 40mm should be a last ditch option so if they knew they couldn't just throw down an ammo pack and rearm, they would have to actually go look for someone to give them one, then perhaps they would reconsider using the 40mm to take out someone at point blank range with their back to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.