Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    I am loving this game, but is anyone else annoyed how the red dot site, 4x scope etc does not carry over to the model when you switch to your Grenade launcher? It bothers me and for some reason it has been in the game since the Beta... why have they not fixed it yet?!

PLEASE READ THIS POST, WE NEED TO STIR UP SOME COMMUNITY ACTION SO DICE CAN FIX THIS :D

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    are you trolling?

It's not a bug, it's not needed, would it possibly be more realistic if it was either on there, or, they took it off before switching to grenade launcher? sure, but that will either get in the way, or take a lot longer to switch to grenade launcher

Do Not Want.

3. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I for one would rather have the extended clip or extra 40mm grenades than the optic sights. I have never even noticed what you speak of.

4. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I'm more concerned about the ejection port on some weapons being on the wrong side of the weapon.... and it closes after each shot. Incorrect! Do research!

Also a clip is NOT a magazine. They are completely different. Google that. My biggest pet peeve is when people call a magazine a clip. Rawr! :p

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Indeed

[​IMG]

6. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    LOL, I know I've seen you post the clip/magazine comment in other threads. Anyone showing the incorrect time when an insignia is earned? I'm getting 2007/12/31 19:00 for all of 'em.

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Clealy still in BETA lol.

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Tru dat bro :nerd:

9. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Yay !
    I got the game yesterday, played a bit of the solo mode, a bit of multiplayer (when I was able to connect to a server/get the server list)etc...
    Then today, when I launched it: no sound...
    Well I have sound, but only in the menus
    I googled this problem and found this steam forum topic about sound problems in the beta.
    I tried what's in it, no luck.
    I removed everything punkbuster-related, no luck
    I removed the two .ini config files then launch the game: the sound seems to work, but it's broken when you reload a game.
    :banana:A-WE-SO-ME:banana:

Oh, and btw can anyone tell me why there's a black box on the satellite remains you find after a few missions in solo mode ? :
    [​IMG]
    I know that we (french) are supposed to look stupid in this game (hey, the satellite is french, it's very easily "hackable", it's written in french in the black box etc...)...but these "orange black box" are meant for planes right?

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    The time it takes to load the server list is a bit of a joke, it's taking anywhere from a 1 minute (rarely) to five minutes (more likely) to display the server lists. The thing is BF2 had this issue sorted. When you hit refresh server list it displayed the servers immediately and then updated the list, when you found a few servers you hit cancel and then selected a server from whatever was displayed, Steam does this as well, god only knows why BC2 needs to load all the servers in the back ground and leave you sitting there waiting until it is finished before you can select a server is a mystery.

As stated this is made much worse by the fact that you have to wait until the list is loaded before you can access favourites, change the search parameters (which then require another refresh) and has anyone noticed that the history option doesn't actually record any of the servers you have played in?

Oh and servers are having maintenance done to them from 8:00pm GMT today.

11. Manu2009

Manu2009 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 DS HD
    Question for you guys. How do you get stars for your weapons? I manage to get a couple of bronze and 2 or 3 silvers but they seem to appear pretty randomly. You unlock them after x amount of kills or just if you make idk 10 kills with it in a game ?

Ty

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    you get them after x amount of kills

first is bronze, then silver, then you get 9 gold, and then platinum

the stars improve the weapons, not by a lot, but they do improve them

13. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    omg this game is so friggin epic. they nailed everything in multiplayer. not one thing i dont like, i love it! so much fun and crazy battles. i love rush mode. last night i was in an epic fight! right down to the wire, i was crazy in that battle. i ended up getting 17,000 points (3000 score) at the end and my team held on for the win. but holy crap the other team brought the intensity it was havoc! it was on that snow map during the night time where you have to destroy the dam. i was on the defending team.

my favorite maps are the snow maps the jungle one with the large hill and the urban one in the desert. :infinity:

14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I totally have. It's sooo annoying! Not only because it's incorrect, but during my basic some of the people called magazines clips and we got in trouble for it.

Anyways here's a reason why rockets are too good :p

[​IMG]

15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    with that K/D ratio and you still didnt get best player award lol. crazy! :biggun: i havent gotten that many kills in a round but i did get a score of like 17,100 lol

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010

16. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060 Ti
    great game, i finally beat it. this is the first fps ive liked enough to beat it all the way through since the original fear.

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    With this score it had to be a Squad match.

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    just a heads up, not sure if it's been rolled out yet due to the fact it was tweeted 10 hours ago, but:

19. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Hey guys I maxed out M24 lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's many many many many kills with M24 :p

20. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    oh man thats the best map! crazy fun

Thread Status: