Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    Ah I notice now and the shadows dots and more detail and the rock texture of the lighting. Before I look fast and didn't pay attention. But in some other dx10 games is more prevalent then dx9 like in crysis for example.
    I used fraps to capture those screen shots btw and I try to time it the best I can, they came out close while I was riding that Humvee

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  2. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Bad Company 2 with nvidia 3D vision on THREE 1080p monitors, running on 2xGTX480's - LINK

:banana: :D

[​IMG]

3. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Great graphics and gameplay but the lack of less game modes got me bored and the conquest doesn't feel as epic as it is in bf 2142. Well I hope that BF3 really does exists and it actually has more content than bc2(something tells me bc2 was a test for bf3(if it exists).

Time to get back to bf 2142....

4. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    The fps have also increased in DX10 from 61 to 77. :)

5. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    The differences between DX9 and 10 are minimal on BC2 as far as I'm concerned, but the difference the anti-aliasing makes is immense on the retail version. Looks infinitely better. For that reason alone I can't justify going back to the DX9 version

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I'm kinda starting to agree with a friend of mine in that the game feels like it was kinda rushed. Was playing a Conquest match earlier, and chose to spawn on a squad member instead of the usual predefined spawn point. Incidentally the person i chose to spawn on top of died just as i was about to spawn, and my PS3 actually locked up completely. The lack of the ability to strafe and run is just idiotic. The idea of a ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE falling over time is rather ironic.... especially when coupled with the fact that if you launch a rocket after locking onto a vehicle with the tracer dart, it has no issue whatsoever pulling a 90-degree turn to fly straight-and-true to it's designated target, whether that's over a building or through the inside of a building.

I dunno..... i'm not really sure i made the right decision in purchasing BC2.....

as for the video with the 3D Vision Surround demo...... the more thrilling bit there was this part in the article:

So..... is that a bit of a confirmation that Fermi will be around by the end of March?

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    why i cant get smooth FPS on my PC? around 30 and 50..but in decent fight it goes to 20 FPS..even in LOWEST settings and no AA and AF..i dont know what the fkc is problem with my PC..iam really getting upset. its no smooth..it doenst feel its running good..

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I didn't even notice that, good one

minimal? if you say so, personally, this part right here is definitely not minimal, the other parts i mentioned, sure, they are nice, but i'll agree minimal, but not this one:

DX9
    [​IMG]

DX10
    [​IMG]

I will probably try and get a larger picture myself, but the difference there is not minimal, there is much, much more detail in that shadow then in DX9

Where there's your problem, you bought an FPS for a console :p

Are you serious? have you ever tried to actually RUN and "Strafe"? not jog and strafe, RUN as fast as you can, sure, you MIGHT be able to do it, for about 3 seconds before you trip over yourself and fall on your face, i'm assuming this is just too hard core for you and therefore is idiotic?

9. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    In my eyes the difference there is extremely minimal in the grand scheme of things! You're obviously a lot more picky/observant than I am!!

10. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i've been a "dynamic light/shadow" fanatic for quite some time, it's like one of the main, main things that make a game that much more detailed and realistic, graphically, IMO :p

11. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    Hehe, fair enough ;) I'm not disputing that the DX10 version is definitely the best. I just wish mine was a little bit smoother with the anti-aliasing ramped up. My 4870 is showing its age I think unfortunately

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Uhm you do realise the guy is running with gear on and a weapon infront of his body ? so it is rather jogging, not the 100mtr sprint :)

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I haven't honestly given it a try.... no.... but the theory doesn't sound impossible. And last time i checked.... don't football players do so quite often? I don't recall seeing them turn to face the direction they're running 100% of the time. Would be a dead giveaway as to what direction they're intending to go. Kinda like it is in BC2. You can't strafe while running, so you can't throw off a sniper you're trying to get closer to. And if you stop running so you can strafe.... well..... you're screwed there, too.

..... that too.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i try to join a 1/32 server..it says pls wait then nothing..its back to multiplayer menu..man..since 2 days i couldn't play this..i am giving a holiday to myself to play this game, not going office...but, as i see this game is FCKING MY NERVES..even MW2 was playable at the beginnig..we had fun with it ..alot of fun..but BC2 got even BETA stage for 1 month and here we r..nothing is working good..even i choose PLAY NOW..it says wait..and then nothing..i odnt know what should i do..this is desperately, really annoying me.. i know this iwll be over soon but u know, i want it now :(

15. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    EA are having connection problems... :3eyes: couldn't play for the last 12 hours.

England:)

[​IMG]

16. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    One tip - if you can't see server pings run teh bfbc2 exe as administrator , this game i a pain to get connected but once you find a stable server it's a blast - for me the traditional conquest mode still rules.. btw i'm also in the uk and after 9:30 last night couldn't log in to the ea servers - its fine again now though...

17. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    well there's your problem right there, your not supposed to be watching TV :eyebrows:

18. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    thanks for that info, hopefully it'll be sorted in Holland too.

edit: i can connect to EA but there are no servers [sigh] and without a possibility to connect with IP that is just ****.

You can probably get round this by using gametracker but only if your running 32bit... http://www.gametracker.com/downloads/

which i don't :banana:

some other third party app out there? all seeing eye used to be a good one but i think they stopped supporting that some time ago.

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Played an hour on multiplayer last night until I couldn't connect to ea. Multiplayer is ace. Then I thought I'd give sp a go while ea online was down and I must say it suprised me. Wasn't expecting much from it, but it's actually really good! Great game - especially once they sort the servers out :)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    and i cant GET my UNLCOKS which ir DEVICES like AMMUNITION BOX MEDIC BOX and that little RADAR BALL of sniper..i cant see them in the menu..wtf man...WHAT THE FCK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.