Battlefield 4 Winter Patch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This new update for BF4 comes with several AMD Mantle optimizations and graphical performance improvements. In addition, this update adds Squad Obliteration game mode and brings a number of bug fixes....

Battlefield 4 Winter Patch

2. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    "In combat system now temporarily disables squad spawning when squad mate is in combat"

aha! so this is a feature, not a bug which I noticed yesterday evening :)

3. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    I actually like this feature. A lot of the times when I thought I killed all of them then 1 2 3 of them spawns on top of each other. By that time there's no ammo left then I die then the first guy i killed gets revived.

4. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Yes, looking at it from this perspective - you are wright.

5. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    That good news...

I like especially that one : "Footsteps: Significantly improved audio of footsteps for enemies and friendlies so that they can clearly be heard. Also fixed an issue".

I was knifed mny times, coz just can't hear fotsteps - extreemly anoing.
    Last battlefield with properly hear fotsteps 2me was BF BC2.
    Hope they nt broke it :)

6. VENGEANCE

VENGEANCE Member Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1070 HOF @2164
    Unbelievable...after all this time since release date they finally seem to have some ears to listen to the community as to the problems that were persistent in the game...i stopped playing this game for literaly 1 year cause of the problems and disconnections to server issues..shot through concrete walls from far away etc...too many too name

The most servers that are active is the main game battlefield 4 servers as no one or not many people spended money to buy the expansions cause of the problems in the game
    in my country u dont see any expansion servers alive either..which is boring..they fcked it up and lost money like this

7. vavyn

vavyn Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    There are a couple but maps like metro and final stand map did not exist. The only servers that I know that have dlc maps are reaperz servers and geezers server but are on rotation so yeah.

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    These are great news, which also make me even less likely to buy Battlefield: Hardline :D

It should help a bit. After getting new headphones I could hear footsteps pretty easily, but before that it was seriously difficult. I think it's a great change for people with a little more budget-oriented sound system.

Yeah!
    Less run & gun, also less Assault/medic abuse. It should also result in less obnoxious camping.

I have to see that!

Always good!

Great too!

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    A bit too late for me, but I did enjoy BF4 quite a bit even with all its flaws. I just hope they learned their lesson and will take all these changes into consideration for future games, SW: Battlefront especially, so we have a more polished game from the start, not 1-2 years after launch.