Battlefield 4 will be using 64 bit? any chance of update for afterburner to work

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Valkyrie743, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    i now afterburner does not work with 64 bit applications. any chance that will change. BF4 is going to have a native 64 bit exe. the beta next week is going to be only 64 bit. i was all excited and planned doing a whole bunch of game recording of the beta but i guess that wont work :( or is it just the OSD that wont work?

i stopped using fraps a long time ago. will i have to go back to fraps for bf4?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Use search please, I'd like to avoid discussing the same things again. Yes, you'll need to go back for bf4.

3. Valkyrie743

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    Sorry i did a google search and it just showed a older thread about an year old version if afterburner and I think it was about something else and not what I searched.

Thanks for the reply. And :( I live ab for my temps frame rate.

I wonder if fraps would record what sweet fx adds .

4. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Unwinder, please reconsider adding 64-bit game support for RTSS, or exactily same topic of thread would keep coming started by countless MSI Afterburner fans.

By the way FRAPS can't capture with Quicksync, can't show CPU/GPU stats, that's the reason why I or some other AB users stay with AB, keep asking for 64-bit game support, and not simply switching to Dxtory or FRAPS.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

5. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
  6. Unwinder

I have to repeat once again that 64-bit support in RTSS means a few weeks of working on this task only. I CANNOT scarify other tasks due to something affecting small user base, sorry.

7. Valkyrie743

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    :( darn. I'll donate it the cause ;)

8. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Me too, just want AB become perfect.....

9. Unwinder

Retail BF4 will provide 32-bit executable as well AFAIK, so I hardly understand that you cannot survive 64-bit beta testing period, guys.

10. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Yes, Retail BF4 will provide 32-bit executable but not gonna let us choose to force launching 32-bit BF4 via Battlelog in 64-bit Windows.

I think if you have to make AB free alternative to NV's ShadowPlay, supporting QuickSync is not enough, 64-bit game support is also very essential.

11. Unwinder

Useless dialog. You don't see anything but "I want it" sadly. I won't longer repeat that it is DAMN expensive to skip other tasks and waste WEEKS of development resources on such a tiny piece of market/functionality in the current 32/64-bit applications state. Closed, next threads about 64-bit will be silently closed as well, they are anyway consequently being populated by the same people who perfectly know the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.