Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    BF2142 LMG's for the win... the more you shot.. the more accurate you become xD

2. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Can't they just nerf LMG's and leave everything else alone? How hard is that to do? The LMG's are clearly broke, and doing things they weren't intended to do. Everything else has already been nerfed to hell an back a million times already. sheesh. All this is, is a universal nerf, and when you nerf everything you nerf nothing.

Believe me I am the last person to call for a nerf, things were fine until they started nerfing everything except the LMG's. Now their fix to the LMG's is to nerf everything? Boggles my mind.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. heymian

heymian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    PDW's are being left untouched. So not everything is getting "nerfed". And it may be a while until these changes are implemented. Further adjustments are possible as we've seen in previous CTE patches.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I dont know i dont see that many running around with LMG's anymore. I think only Locker is basically Support vs. Support as for the rest i dont have problem with LMG's at all.

My new love is engineer with SKS! Not that great close range :) but you have Deagle for that :D

5. mitil

mitil Member

GPU:
    Asus gtx 670 OC
    the best multiplayer in the world :X

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I completely agree. I've been saying it for a while that (some) LMGs are absolutely overpowered and need a fix. Most matches I seem to stumble into these days are just packed with support doing what assault used to do.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Not all LMG's are OP imo.

Thinking of getting a second 7950 to keep a steady 60fps, single does it really good, but i play mostly Locker only and people just spam smoke and flares wich tanks my FPS to the 20s wich is annoying.

8. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It was good to play together last night Signex, join on me. I always play with my mate in the evenings.

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I agree, which is why I said some.. but it doesn't really matter when those "few" overpowered LMGs (MG4/AWS for example) outshine every assault weapon and are all over matches. I wouldn't be so upset with how powerful LMGs are if assault could also compete against or have other uses. Support gets UCAVs, Mortars, ammo resupply, C4, and much more in addition to being the best anti-infantry unit right now.

10. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I only wish that assault would have C4. I would love if they returned to BF2 system: Assault, Medic , Support, Engineer and Sniper. Assault being a medic doesnt make sense to me.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Yeah you did amazing. :D

Don't think i'll be playing much this week though.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    People confuse longer ranges with pin point accuracy after X shots fired.

For longer ranges, bullet spread and ability to launch a tight nit burst is more important. Taking out headglitchers however, that's where guns like the M16/ACE23/... shine at.

13. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Agree:
    heck I just wish Assault had a medi pack that worked like it did prior to last patch. Your friendly neighborhood LMG scrub can keep you from healing just by firing in your general direction. Support is the super class. Infinite ammo, explosives and the ability to keep people from healing. Plus you get to never realistically have to reload all while having better accuracy and longer distance than assault. Tell me why anyone would play assault again? Why does assault need a nerf just to nerf LMG's?

I really don't know what the fix should be, but I know for sure hipfiring or even ADS'ing while moving with LMG's should incur a serious, serious accuracy penalty at the very least.

To me the advantage of never having to reload coupled with the other crap is just a tad too OP. If you have a gun with 100+ rounds in the clip there has got be some penalties to offset that.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Developer doesn't realize the damage a support can do when he actually fires to kill instead of suppressing and spamming.

The odds of a support dying certain actions is greater then a medic but the odds that he's going to take X enemies with him into the grave is also far greater compared to the assault class.

15. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Back in my day, in DCX you had:

Sniper - Pistol, Sniper Rifle, Grenade, Binocs, Bush.
    Assault - Pistol, Assault Rifle (M16, AK47 etc) Grenade, Binocs, Smoke (sometimes M203).
    Anti-Tank - Pistol, SMAW (or RPG7 or AA), C4, Mines, Smoke
    Heavy Assault - Pistol, M249 (or similar), Grenade, Binocs, Sandbags,
    Medic - Medkit, Shotgun, Mortar, Mine, Repair Spanner
    Spec Ops - Pistol, Knife (throwing + slash), Grenade, C4, Binocs.

Yes you had deployable Bush or Mini Sandbag wall.

[​IMG]

16. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Berlin+Desert Combat+ SAIGA= :massacre:

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    replace deployable mortar/ucav with deployable sandbag...

xD

18. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2070 s
    I got to say that BF4 is very fun and sometimes frustrating. Telling my son to buy it. If they do nerf the LMGs, I can see a lot of disappointed players.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The LMG's shouldn't be used as run and gun weapons... which currently they are.

They need to add weight to the weapons, Large weapons weigh a lot.

Bunny hoping everywhere while pew pewing with an m240 Bravo is just ridiculous.

20. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    It's a great experience for sure (even the campaign), reason why DICE's star wars game is around top of my 2015 list. bf4 will prepare any Jedi Apprentice well for their new one.