Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    Now that we've shipped Battlefront and a part of the team continues to work on it, I am moving on to another project, the next Battlefield. – Dan Vaderlind (@mrVaderdan) 11 Décembre 2015....

BF5 in the making OMG!!! :banana:

2. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Will they go modern again?

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The issue I have with BF is that it has the potential to become on of the "tycoons" but never takes the chance.

Valve aims for "the long haul" and it's paying off.

BF has a solid base to work with, but never aims where it should be aiming.

It also has the potential to beat CoD into the ground (at least on PC), if only they designed INF only gametypes aside from their vehicle roots. Their issue is that they're trying to MIX it to much. Cutting the 2 communities in half could actually turn out better, as you'll please 2 crowds better (it will give the more opportunities to balance weapons and vehicles, etc).

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    So Hyped for BF5, made this BF4 video out of 2 games tonight:

5. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Winter Patch soon to be released!

BF4 Holiday Patch 2015 - Patch Notes (PDF)

Also, here's some links to my clan vids on youtube that you can watch when the servers go down for the new patch, they are long videos but the server downtime in likely going to be longer knowing Dice.

[DFSL] Nine Months of Trouble (30 mins)

[DFSL] Five Frenzied Months of Folly (33 mins)

The footage is mostly Conquest large infantry play, let me know what you think.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  6. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    Noshahr ------uhu cant wait

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If what I heard is right, it's only a small part of the new Dragon Valley map.
    Gotta read through those change notes slowly to comprehend them. Did anybody cross check with the last CTE patch to see how it compares?

8. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Patch is live & Legacy Operations DLC is available in Origin - just refresh your game list then go to BF4 info and press Legacy Operations DLC to buy.

9. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    what server?

10. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Dragon Valley really is an awesome map and huge. For this reason the map is a little CPU Bottlenecked in certain areas but nothing drastic.

11. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Patch Notes

Most interesting change to me is "Adaptive Network & Bandwidth Control". Looks like it throttles packet sending depending on your connection and framerate. I'm guessing this feature is for players with less than optimal connections and hardware. May have to test this out of curiosity.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Well, played a couple of games on Dragon Valley, both Conquest and TDM, on 60Hz server. And we had serious latency issue spiking from the server, dunno if it's patch related or not.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Played two rounds of Dragon Valley too yesterday.
    Noshar tribute is the closest to a base... so yeah, you probably won't see any action there (I didn't see ANYTHING happening there yesterday).
    Also, with it's asymmetrical map layout, you have to think about where to drive your vehicle, or you might just lame around in that MBT.
    Also, equipment of the map is the spawn beacon... so many places with bushes or behind boulders where you can set up your spawn beacon it's a horror. You clear out a whole point and everything around it, as well as downwards from the pagode in the middle, and yet there's somebody backraping you. Long story short, every squad needs a recon with a spawn beacon on this map.

Haven't come to either play AA or use some air vehicles, as they of course are horribly crowded. The map seems rather large to me, if you don't sit in a vehicle yourself, at least there's enough quads / jetskis around, yet it's so big that you sometimes end up not having anything to kill (until you are surprised by C4 out of a spawn beacon spawning guy in the parachute), or occasionally a sniper.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You didn't get kicked? Because I believe you might have caused lag for those US players :D

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Game it self had a 1.39GB patch and the map it self is 2.52GB.

No matter if you not a fan of BF or BF4 it self. You have to admit that DICE and EA has supported this game fantastically over the course of the 2 years it has been out.

The game on launch was ok it was very buggy and almost unplayable for a lot of people. Now it is a great game and the netcode is shaping up very nicely indeed. They are actually listening to players feed back and the whole CTE idea is fantastic also.

Well played DICE, well played.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Thanks for this...

I like knowing the size before trying to get it xD

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    They have supported the game, more or less. From the gamer's point of view, they needed a year, or even longer, to patch certain bugs that you got to know about (incendiaries and walls for instance). From a dev point of view, they invested lots of time to fix the game, and even two years after release, they still work on the game and how it plays.

Then again, who knows, they might have used BF4 and it's community base (be it CTE or normal client) as their lab rats and practically a beta for their engine upgrades. People in CTE got to play the latest game, yet... it was a sandbox to test the patches.

I personally am not that much a fan of the CTE, since I don't get why they wouldn't patch their changes into the main game. That way everybody would be testing their patches, and there wouldn't be a culture of offering two clients, one that gets patched, and one that waits for another three months to get the same changes applied. And they have introduced patches that actually worsened things too, so it's not really a thing of people complaining about broken updates.

And oddly enough, my main patch wasn't that big, iirc only 6xxMB, but I'm not certain, just started it, got the community operations, and let it download while I did some chores.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think CTE was good for those reasons... it let them test things in a live player filled environment that they otherwise would not have been able to test in the studio.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And why not include it into the common game client? That's what I haven't found a good answer to. It pretty much makes the normal game client obsolete, doesn't it?

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's just a test environment... not the vanilla game.

*shrugs*

I've never played CTE myself, the idea of downloading another copy of the game doesn't sit well with the size of my hard drive haha//