1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I think the advantage of Afterburner is you can set it to pre-record as long as your ram will allow (I think Shadowplay has a time limit) . I have 32 gigs of ram and set aside 16 gigs for pre-recording. That is usually enough to hold a match. If nothing cool happens I never have to save it either.

Really, there are a lot of great programs for recording anymore.

I own Dxtory, Playclaw, Bandicam, Action!, Have a subscription for X-Split (gamecaster and Broadcaster). I also use Afterburner w/RTSS, OBS , and Raptr.

Action! used to be my go to app because it literally would cause zero performance hit, but something happened and now it turns off my Crosfire when I stream. Now I use Playclaw when I stream because I can still maintain pretty close to 100 fps while streaming at 720p and playing at 1440p ultra in BF 4, and the quality is pretty decent for twitch.

here is a 1 minute highlight to show you the quality and framerate with Playclaw, really excellent. Keep in mind that was a stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/the9quad/c/5722145

By the way the absolute worst is X-Split Gamecaster, quality is awful and you really cant adjust it much.

here is gamecaster so awful:

http://www.twitch.tv/the9quad/c/5722159

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Personally I think NVIDIA should add a 2nd button for record to RAM:

LONG & SHORT.

Short basically records the last 30 seconds (aka epic spraydown, jumpshots, ...).
    Long records X minutes based upon the time you set (and your RAM of course).

This would basically reduce disk trashing to a bare minimum.

My youtube vids could be higher quality, but with a 740 kbit upload speed, I have to make size considerations when uploading. Usually I tend to go pretty big (that last video was about 2 GB for 13 minutes) and let it upload overnight.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    God i was on a server, and there was one pilot that was pissing me off so much.

I wouldn't last LITERALLY 20 god damn seconds in a boat, heli or aircraft, this is why i don't like playing conquest/large open maps, there is always 1 super pilot in the server that ruins it.

But i'm just playing it to get 20 boat kills for the SR-2, 3 kills away now thank god, then i'll be back playing TDM and CQ Locker.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yeah... the jet whoring in BF4 is starting to make me select maps that don't have Jets.

I don't play TDM though.. it's too much like that other series whose name I will no longer speak.

5. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    Jets are the bane of my bf4 existence. That's all I have to add.

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I find mortars/UCAV to be just as bad as jets in BF4. Try playing a match of Rush against a team of 3+ mortar/UCAV spammers. Completely unplayable and just ruins the fun, especially since a lot of the objectives are located right outside in the direct path of mortar spam.

Sometimes I wonder how ignorant Dice can really be with balancing.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Makes sense, since the "ordnance" is falling from the sky on top of you just as well.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Wow, I never knew this was already possible! Makes me think about getting 32GB of ram again...

9. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    This feature is amazing. The only problem I have after I recorded interesting parts on hard drive I cannot these files. Stupid Movie maker does not support format from ShadowPlay.

10. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    While I get the UCAV frustration (mortars aren't that bad imho), no one will ever own a map like an elite jet pilot.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    Mortars can be quiet helpful, i often use it on Locker when ppl camp outside C to make way for our team.

Yesterday i pissed off an guy who raped us and pushed us all the way back to Russian spawn, yes one damn guy did that.

He kept camping outside E and raping us, so i used a mortar on him plus another guy on my team. :D

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    What format is it?

13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    oh does it not? i saved quite few nice short videos, mainly taking out choppers with RPG, but havent tried putting it all together, shame if movie maker doesnt support format!

14. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    Get another editor?

15. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    I figured it out. I installed wrong "Movie maker" from some site by mistake. Now I installed from Microsoft and it is all good now.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    Where are the Christmas tree's and red hats? :(

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's Snowing ok!! it has that much at least xD

19. Dillinger

Dillinger Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I'm not sure if my GPU is faulty or it's just a fluke as I can't replicate the artifacting I had just experienced.

Random people in-game showed up as spiky blobs (best I can describe it) and when I looked directly at them the spikes covered my screen.

I played about 9 hours total these past few days without issue and suddenly today after the 2nd round this issue came up.

I restarted and played 4 rounds in a row without experiencing it again...Anyone experience this? Or should I consider maybe RMA'ing?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    It only happened in BF4?