Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not sure i understand. If they had made it part of the patch, which they should have done, then it wouldn't be harder for them, and everyone would be on the same page. Would that make it a larger patch? yes, but so what? I mean, they didn't even make it a "DLC" from the server browsers point of view, the new map is in with the original base maps of the game.

2. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    ^^
    Maybe to make it an option if you want it or not so the download wasn't big with the patch.

Yeah I managed to get 10 kills already was easier then I thought :p
    Doh allot of the time id do 65hp damage or a lil more and the enemy would fly itself in the ground and I get no kill smh.

Also way to often people flew intentually into me <.<
    But I got some upgrades for the jet now should make it easier.

Plus and this is going to sound very stupid, but discovered you can also use the arrows to stear, that has made me more flight effective :p

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yes, I was referring to download size. I mean, it does not take that long to download 1.5GB at all. And exactly that's why I'm not sure why they came up with the funny idea of making a free DLC for a single map... probably we will have to do it like this again if and when new night maps come out, or the community map.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    EA is trying to tell me something

[​IMG]

5. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 3080
    Ha ha! That's class :)

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    fyi, if anyone has crashes in BF4 after X time (for me it happened when pressing the shadowplay button after about ~1 hour of play) on Windows 10, try installing the Realtek Audio driver.

Before every crash there was always a log of Punkbuster starting in Event Viewer and then 1 min later: crash.

Looked it up, multiple games having crash issues with some Realtek drivers and PB.

Haven't crashed since installing new Win 10 Realtek drivers :x

7. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I did super well with the Jet today on Air Superiority I did 10-10 :p
    Much better then 1-12 hehe.

I got the 20 kills and I got 2 ribbons, thought that was enough for the phantom assignment, but I need 1 more sadly, was happy to be done with the game mode.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Hmm interesting, since I'm suffering from somewhat random crashes too currently. Will see if that helps, thanks for the intel.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well if your crashes are similar to mine, this should show up in Event Viewer Logs about a minute or so before the crash happens:

The game then proceeded to "hang" (image did not update, background processes still working, could still talk to people on TS) and I would usually do a hard reset. Though this one time I decided to go for a smoke and leave it in its crashed state and got this result in Event Viewer Logs:

and

So the PC does recover if waited long enough. After that however, you had to reboot anyways since any rejoin of a server would crash BF4.exe on load.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've been grinding the phantom assignments too. The roadkills were the worst for me until I figured out I could just go to one of the 24/7 operation locker servers and spam the SUAV from the spawn point and run into people with that.

11. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I need 1 more for UCAV I meant btw, that one requires 3 ribbons.
    Oww that explains why I got so many roadkills I couldn't figure out how I got them.

I use SUAV allot to kill campers :D
    Use it on hardcore mode on big maps.
    ---
    Been having some greet games lately all 44 kills orso and kdr over 2, off course score doesn't say it all in this game.

So I'll have it known I was pushing hard, even with sniper id close corner combat.
    Getting those caps :p

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Looks like Chrome doesn't support npapi anymore, you can't enable it anymore.

I hate it, now i have to use that stupid Edge just to play BF4.

Does anyone know why google did that anyway? is it a security risk or something?

EDIT: Uhm nvm, it suddenly is working again lol.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Have you tried manually installing the directX redistributable inside the Battlefield 4 folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist

Also... have you manually updated Punkbuster? "I'm guessing you have though".... just writing this just in case.

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I still can't get it working, however, there's battlelogium, which i use, which allows you to easily launch the games through steam as well (yes i know there's a workaround for getting the steam overlay if you want it without battlelogium) which hasn't given me any problems

http://tempstatic.ronnchyran.com/Battlelogium/

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for the in depth information, I have to check the event viewer anyway. Only problem is, my whole pc locks and freezes, the only thing I can do usually is a reboot to even get to desktop.

I have reinstalled the dx redist, not manually updated punkbuster but worth a try also. Thought we could be beyond that since BF3 times are past...

16. Gramps

Gramps Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Just finished whipping up this montage.
    Would love to know your thoughts.

17. Gramps

Gramps Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Thanks Bill, glad you like it. Restarted this project so many times; using same clips in different orders, to different songs, with different effects.

And in response to being old and stoned ..

LOL

(Hopefully that starts @ 10min on the dot .. starts @ 9.46 for me)

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    SO i finally gave this patch a good go and my god hit detection is spot on! Feels like every bullet i fire lands where it meant to be and actually does damage.

Night map is pretty cool but i dont use any nigh vision aids. But it still looks very cool, good job Dice

19. Gramps

Gramps Active Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Haha it never gets old that one .. When the Wayan brothers made good movies

20. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Got my first phantom the one with the jets :D
    Nearly got the other ones won't take the long wuwut.

One thing that annoys me doh, I know its not really important, but if my kdr is under 2 so 1.89 orso then I already lose skill points..

And if its 2.5 orso and im talking weapon kills only I get 3 points or, pff.
    Score being 30-50 kills.
    ---
    I did 6-9 cause I got spawn killed by tanks every time in the few min left, what can I do and I lose 23 skill points on that..
    ----
    Watched the video..
    Donno what to say, so I'll say gg :p

I don't think I'll make my own video, cause bf community is rude they just gonna be rude if I use flir in mine. But I have to cause every enemy uses it suddenly

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015