Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    people still use mechanical drives? lol :)

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I'm glad i got it on my SSD, helps big time unlike GTA V.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I have no way of being connected via Ethernet to the router.. it's like.. at the complete opposite end of the house and through multiple doors haha

I can outshoot people with most guns in BF4... it's just the shotguns, it's like they aren't registering when I shoot people like they are for you, they are dying in one hit for you, at least they are in that video of yours..

Changing the receive and send buffer seems to have helped with that a bit, last night on lockers with m1014 was very fun..

My ping sits at 20 most of the time, most people here have a ping of 20-60

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Not everyone have so much money to afford 3x 290s, etc. plus SSD..

6. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Exactly my thought. That being said, I run (or ran since I don't play this much anymore) BF4 on an SSD :)

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Not a quickscoper, so yeah, hip fire, but I'm still wondering about which ammo to use... don't want to go BF3 with frag, but not sure buckshot is the best option, and slug is almost like playing DMR anyway.

I've never looked into networking when it comes to gaming, I'll have to admit... I'm working on a faster wlan connection, but I'll have to look into that subject once I buy my new router.

I've almost stopped playing ucav because it takes to long to get it...

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    From what I understand Buckshot does the most damage, Flechette can go right through the body, so you could possibly shoot through multiple people... I think?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good you dirty dirty plebeian...

xD

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    No, pretty much what I know too... flechette does less damage but is supposed to be better off against multiple enemies behind each other, and better over greater distances (well, close to mid range still) than the buckshot.

Hey, I only started it using at level 125+, and haven't got more than 150 kills with it, so I'm not as bad as the guys you might see around :D
    But now that it takes forever to charge after spawn, it's pretty useless, because by the time you've got one you're already busy with something else.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hmmz...

Regardless of the conversation with the weirdo about Uniform aiming, I got 10 upvotes :p

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    On yt?

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    CTE subreddit, which has been taking over by xbox one idiots asking stuff like, can we think about bringing back visual recoil, can we nerf all the vehicles even more so, can we remove flashbangs, can we make everything 1 hit helicopters...

*sigh*

and the guy arguing with corrupt about uniform aiming even though he had zero clue about how it works.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Ah, didn't know. Well, console gamers shouldn't even be allowed to discuss on the same topics, there should be two different balance sets imo. Pretty much of this stuff comes down to input methods in the end.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It would have been nice if he had painted it... as it was.. kinda made me think of Lego with the colors..

This is the best song because I said so.

Don't judge...

Just accept..

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    About 15 minutes ago, the server I was on crashed and now I can't connect to anything (just says "LOGGING IN" endlessly) while BF4 runs as a white box. My son just happened to be on the PC next to mine, playing through the SP campaign to unlock the weapon you get at the end. His game won't connect (SP) now either.

I'm trying to connect (unsuccessfully) as I write this. The internet functions fine otherwise.

Is this normal BF behavior for the middle of the evening? (5:30pm here) I stopped playing BF4 for nearly a year, til last week, when my son started playing.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    No, not that I would know of running into such troubles...
    I'm surprised, because usually if you have trouble connecting, closing down everything and relaunching origin as well as battlelog takes care of such bugs. As you're running on two machines (and probably two keys) I'm really surprised that it got both of you at the same time...

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Not all too new, had to do that regularly with BF3 because the updater didn't work properly... pb is not the best programmed software either.

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I just tried to connect again a moment ago and now it works fine again (mysteriously). For at least an hour last night (gave up), it simply refused to work on two different machines (two different BF4 accounts). Wierd.

I love the battlefield series style of gameplay. Too bad that not a single edition yet has felt finished, let alone polished.