Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Wow, just got out of a 46 person server and found it to be much more fun than a 64 one; it wasn't a rapefest. I was able to get ma tank upgraded more. Think I may shy away from the 64 servers for a while.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Me thinks you do not want a battlefield game. If they were to put this in, it'd be a reality game, it'd something that should be in an Americas Army game or similar, not Battlefield....

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You don't think it would be interesting?

Currently the series has turned into a much more fast paced run and gun shooter, it's less Battlefield than the series used to be.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    So now you're realising that BF2 was better than 3 and 4? ;):D

I haven't played BF4 in a week and tbh, I'm not missing it much.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I have always felt the series has gone in a faster paced direction, it is.. why do you think so many cod players play it now.

I still like BF3 and 4.. But yeah, Like you haven't played for quite a while.

6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh that's certainly true, almost everybody sprinting around corners and blindly pushing the fire button with their AK5C, ACW-R and the likes pretty much remind me at back in the day, with Black Ops, when I played COD too. I'm always wondering if they actually knew that there are other weapons, vehicles, and of course, teamwork.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No....no i don't, i think it'd be frustrating, irritating, annoying, and cause 90% of the player base to not play the game anymore. People who are looking for realism tend to go and find realism games or mods, but MOST people out there do not want realism, they don't want "shoot this guy 50 times and he doesn't die" lack-of-realism either, they want somewhere in between

What you are suggesting is mechanics for an entirely different game, it'd be like me asking for an FPS-Mode to Age of Empires

Not to mention, who really wants to get shot in the arm and leg, unable to use their legs and feet correctly, by a teammate, in spawn, for you to have to wait 10 minute just to nudge yourself over to where the enemy is and die instantly. Or, say you're flanking, you find an enemy, and same thing happens, you kill him, but now you're so far flanked, the enemy has moved up, and you get half way back to where you need to be, only to get easily killed by the guy you killed before minutes....Or maybe a sniper in a hard-to-see area is shooting peoples legs only, not killing them, and shooting their arms if they shoot back at him, but still not killing them, far from the objective..... No, this doesn't sound interesting or fun at all

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    That's what I'd say too, and what works for me: Not too little, not too much realism.

But it doesn't really matter as long as so many idiots and 'lone wolves' play this game.

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Back to ww2, sick to death and refuse to play any more modern shooters.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Amen to that.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Actually the guys that push with ACW-R's I play with often show more signs of teamwork then the average player on a server.

They know something needs to be done and when I throw smokes and rush in, they actually follow :nerd:

Alot of CoD players play it because they want a similar game... but less arcadish with a tad more realism.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    World War 2 game with Battlefield 4 graphics... would be so good right now..

Instead, I'm going to go to lockers and shoot frag rounds through a door.

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Bring back a 5th class, spec ops has carbine and c4. Make classes matter again medic should NOT be able to spawn without defibs WTF was DICE thinking.

Honestly they just need to go back to not listening to the community at large, people want to rambo EVERYTHING on there own which just removes team work, ammo guy should matter medic should matter anti vehicle should be just that not every class should be able to take on tanks.

6 weapons each class make them varied shotguns all class weapon..maybe dmr..maybe

Give engi pdw back and only pdw rpg/mines

medic assault rifles and smoke nade noob tube no explosives.

spec ops carbine for close mid range c4

support has lmg but god damn it make it kick like a ****ing bitch if he isn't using bipod he aint aiming accurate give him ammo and maybe a shied no ****ing c4 and no ****ing dumb gadgets he isnt james bond id possible let mortors with smoke/flairs

sniper has sniper rilfes and dmr give them decent side arms give them binoculars to spot at a distance which gives them extra points motion spotting stuff too

All classes are forced to take there respected item, e.g defibs,ammo ect

There I fixed the battlefield franchise

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    *Pats DesGaizu*

I hope they do something with the smoke in the upcoming patch.... currently it's just ridiculous.. smoke everywhere.

IT'S NOT EVEN BEING USED AS COVER..... JUST PEOPLE CAMPING IN IT WITH IRNV.

It's not cover if everyone is using IRNV..... and everyone is using IRNV.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I had this idea of ditching the current class system and going as follows:

• Balance weapons better
    • Get rid of stupid OP crap like the XM25
    • Back to basics with tools: Defibs/Medkit, C4/RPG/Stinger/... Beacon/...
    • People are forced to fill 2 slots with these tools, some "OP" combinations would not be possible (explosive tools combined with medic tools for instance)

Also smokes don't need nerfing, in fact they're still underpowered and still need alot of fixing concerning the "doritos". It's the "infrared" "smoke" combo that is just dumb. It's a means of "avoiding" true combat with foes, avoiding any tactical thinking process or combat prowess.

I often use smoke as cover, for instance when pushing a chokepoint that has 2 angles: isolate 1 angle with smoke and push the other and fight the enemies at that angle. Then fall back behind enemy lines and regroup/heal/reload/... so we can fight off the other angle.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'd honestly be happy if there was no IRNV in game at all as a weapon attachment.

The night vision I like, there is just no maps dark enough to use them correctly.

I fear when night maps are released every single person will use IRNV because the image is clearer than Nightvision.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    New Update on May 26~!

5 New Weapons

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/spring-update-coming-may-26/

•PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 08.00 UTC / 1.00 AM PDT.
    •Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 09.00 UTC / 2.00 AM PDT.
    •Xbox 360: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 10.00 UTC / 3.00 AM PDT.
    •PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 11.00 UTC / 4.00 AM PDT.
    •PS3: Multiplayer will be offline for 1h starting 12.00 UTC / 5.00 AM PDT.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I agree, the combination is bad. And unfortunately, it's not the only thing to fix... and yeah we know, you're killer :D

Pretty much this. That's why I'm not too anxious about the night mode...

Oh yes, the return of the infamous Gun Master mode! :D

19. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I saw a video from BC2 the other night and forgot how little customization there was....which was fine. Wasted time modeling and skinning 10 different rifle sights.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    New patch is out, gonna give it a go. :D