Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    So am I reading this right ?

BF4 Base game = £14.99
    BF4 Premium Edition which also gives me all the DLC = £39.99
    BF4 Premier Membership is an upgrade to the base game = £39.99

Am I missing something here or shouldn't the upgrade be a bit cheaper ? I suppose its all marketing and they wanna make the Premium edition seem like the best value ( which it probably is ) but still...

I'd like to get the base game now and upgrade to premium later mainly because of my finances but if that's indeed the pricing then I might have to just get premium which seems like a sensible option. Dunno, just seems a bit strange but I guess this is EA we're talking here.

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Premium is pretty good, but i still play vanilla maps. Didnt like China Rising or Naval Strike at all. I would do trial first too then decide.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yeah I'm doing the trial, been doing the sh*t out of it all day and loving it so far! :D

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Roger, ty.

I will figure these out. I really like shadowplay though, it is very handy to use.

Editing software is the tough decision :)

5. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    If you want to stay with shadowplay, you could try Virtual Audio Cables ($25). That will let you do what you want in shadowplay. You will have to do some reading or tutorial viewing to get it to work though.

http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Guidance here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrdXBtpgn8

Another useful program is Auto-Duck in Real Time http://auto-duck.com/ it's $19.99. This one lets you use one sound input to lower the volume or mute other inputs. I use it while streaming to lower my in game volume and music volume, when my microphone reaches a certain threshold.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess they want to bring you to spend those 40 quid right away and buy the premium instead of sticking to the base game, and possibly not buying prem, thus having them not get those additional 25 quid ;)

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Base game it is! :p

I suspect the premium will be on sale around the time Hardline releases.

This cover image alone puts me off from buying it...

[​IMG]

Makes me think its some cheesy 80's action flick in disguise.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    1. It's not Battlefield.

2. It's not being made by DICE.

If they removed BATTLEFIELD from the naming I honestly wouldn't have an issue with it.

9. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The footage I've seen kind of excites me for this. BUT. I think putting it under the banner of a Battlefield game may be a bit of a mistake. My expectations are minimum for this though. I'd much prefer a total redo of BF 1942/Vietnam over Hardline any day.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It's a cheesy game with a rather contemporary engine. I'm not even interested in the setting tbh, and I've got payday for free the last time it was around on steam, so if I want to play the robber, I'll just go there. Still didn't happen though. :D

I agree with you.

Fair enough. Everybody looking out for a game like this should be my guest and enjoy it as much as they can, really! But...

But to me, it is not Battlefield. It's some game with the same engine and some texture / model reuse, but it has nothing to do with the series, not even the least bit. This game is about the clash of armies, not cop against crook, sorry.
    It's not made by the devs of battlefield, but from the devs of singleplayer games like Dead Space and Dante's Inferno, which should certainly help them work on a multiplayer game. :rolleyes:
    It is most annoying that this game is actually over prominently advertised to me as a BF3 and BF4 premium member. FFS I don't want to see Hardline ads as I move my way around battlelog... if I would have been interested I'd have been playing the beta, which I gladly ignored anyway. I don't like it, so please don't force it on my face every second click... I would like to have a way to block this specific ad without losing battlelog functionality.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Screw that! A reboot of 2142 with the latest Frostbite engine. :drool:

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I can relate to that. With snowstorms or duststorms, even bigger maps, even bigger titans... at least we've already got the hover tank, more or less. It's aiming lagness is odd though, and I haven't even bothered getting it's assignment so far.

13. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Where did you get those prices from? Origin itself?

Try here : http://cdkeyprices.com/shopping?pto_q=battlefield+4
    (You can chance currency top-right hand corner)

I like ShadowPlay the best because I can hit a button and record the last 5 mins of my gameplay, without having to be recording everytime I play.
    I've just started to learn how to use Sony Vegas Pro for my edits, and its actually pretty easy to use. So many great tutorials on YouTube as well to follow and learn as you go.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  14. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    -Accidental double post-

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yea the prices were from Origin, are those CD key sites to be trusted ? they won't get me banned or anything ?

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I haven't used such sites before, but others here on the board have. I think it works, just be careful not to get a region locked key (if those exist for the origin store). But besides that, I think it should work. Maybe somebody else could confirm this.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I am definitely skipping Hardline. I know many BF players who are. Personally i am waiting for Battlefront. I didnt really like BF2142, but then again i hardly played it. I hope they either go 1942 or 2142, rather than another modern combat.

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Decided to take the plunge and try cdkeys.com after reading some positive feedback about them and for £23.74 I'm now a happy owner of Battlefield 4 Premium, let the games begin! ^^

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'd also go with some WW2 stuff, and as I've been a huge fan of the titan mode, any remake of 2142 with it would make me <3 :)

Well then, happy hunting ;)

20. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Hardline...pff,gl with that coz the game will run on the same servers like BF4.If we would have a Close Quarters DLC like in BF3 this Hardline crap would not be on sale;I`ve already seen youtubers hyping this game the f*** out,Jackfags.Even on the next Battlefield made by DICE I would wait and see what the community,not the youtubers, have to say about it.
    No offence to ppl that will buy this game,Hardline,but if u have problems don`t go and cry on forums about glitches/bugs/lag coz then ppl will laugh at you.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015