Battlefield 4 (part 4)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Yea it is pretty awesome. :D

I like the AR160, but the reload animation is bugging me.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Memory is not overclocked, Video card is not overclocked. Only CPU.. currently 3.8Ghz.. not 4Ghz due to summer being really hot.. It is literally the most stable system I have ever built.

The only thing that I can think of that has changed is that I am on Windows 8.1 Update 1

I am going back to Windows 8.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    EA CCO Rich Hilleman

We watch our forums a lot, because we care what our players have to say, and [on] some of those forums we’re responsible for, one of the things we have learned—especially in the free-to-play space is [that] the people who spend the most time complaining happen to be the people who spent the most money. So my attitude is: “If you spend enough money with me, you get to complain.” If that’s what makes you happy is to go on the forums and complain, you get to complain.

The reason they’re doing that is because they are establishing their place in the social hierarchy on the forum. It is not about our product—it’s about their relationship to the other players. And if I get all twisted up based on what they’re saying, I’m actually going to build a product they don’t like.

…I grew up in Las Vegas, and one of the byproducts of growing up in Las Vegas is that you learn at a very early age is that people lie, like a lot. So, as a result, I really distrust what people say. It isn’t that I don’t like them. It isn’t that I don’t think they’re trying to tell me the truth, but I don’t think it’s a very precise form of communication; and it’s full of all kinds of other stuff that has nothing to do with my objectives.

-----

This kind of crap isn't cool.... is this really how they view us? Their Customers.

Let me try and wrap my head around this...

If you spend enough money with me, you get to complain.

Ohh I see.. so I need to buy the base game and then I need to buy premium and then I am entitled to complain?

If that’s what makes you happy is to go on the forums and complain, you get to complain

It does not make me happy to complain about a VIDEO GAME that should work correctly, but does not work correctly.

The reason they’re doing that is because they are establishing their place in the social hierarchy on the forum. It is not about our product—it’s about their relationship to the other players.

I don't care what anyone on the "BattleLog" forums think of me, I want the game to function as advertised. I don't want it to crash, I want the sound to work SO I CAN HEAR THE SOUND, I want it to be a balanced and fair game, I don't want to continually put up with bugs that have been in the game since BETA that should be fixed by now, I want it to work.

sigh... EA.. just sigh..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I just bought BF4 (PC) last week and I'm really liking this game. I'm a long time player of 1942/BF2/mods but I skipped over every BF game afterwards. I like the additions they've made to the gameplay as they really seem to promote teamwork. Commander mode seems a bit nerfed but it also has some neat new features.

I absolutely love hardcore mode. I really should learn the maps better before playing this mode and I am getting killed like crazy but I just don't care. I like the regular game too but it's just fantastic to play without all the arcade elements like enemy radar, auto heal, etc, etc... (I'm not looking to play Arma but this is a nice middle ground :) )

Side note.... I think I ruined BF4 on the PS3 for my cousin (his words). He's been playing BF4 on the PS3 since release. I brought my PC to his place to show him how Battlefield was meant to be (on the PC). I plugged in a 360 controller for him (console players, lol) and he was pretty surprised at how much better it was. 64 players rather than 24 max, bigger maps, more units like attack boats, played much smoother and looked better. The gameplay is far more intense with 40+ players rather than a mere 24. He's not sure he can play it on his PS3 anymore now. Good thing I built him his 1st gaming PC a couple weeks ago (for Titanfall) so he can stop playing this on an old console.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    You already could have unlocked them with the shortcut bundles for free, which was posted here more than once the last weeks.

https://twitter.com/antal120/status/442273348891193344 (it occurs when there are over 100 kills on the Server)

Also finally:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks for sharing. :)

@Shadow, thanks.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The range of bugs is unbelievable, really. "It's not a cheat, it's a character animation bug" :D

@kissshot: Guess that guy should live by his own motto then. People lie a lot and mix in all kinds of things... go figure :D

8. KingDazza

KingDazza Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Hi guys, thinking about picking this up. But before I do can anyone confirm if the save game bug that the consoles have for the campaign. Has this been fixed for the PC?

Thanks.

9. Illnino

Illnino Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    I have had this once or twice and it usually was at start/joining server,I didn't need to repair I just figured it was lag/sync issue.

Anyhow I haven't had many other issues of late gaming at 2560x1440p +150% resolution scale, Ultra

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    finally got my lazy butt round to opening my router settings and opening the bf4 port, no crashes outta game yet ..
    (port 3659 )

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I just got it so I missed out on all the fun times with release day and the past few months of (apparently) broken patches. I haven't had too many problems this past week though, both prior to the big patch and after. It seems most issues are either server related or just plain random. Some servers run perfect with 50+ players for hours, other servers, not so much.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Back on Windows 8 Original.... now Battlefield 4 is working...

I don't know what's wrong with Windows 8.1 ... but yeah.. not going to bother trying anymore.. I have tried 3 times now since it was released... I bought Windows 8 Retail... I'm going to use Windows 8 Retail... But... but... Windows 8.1 is a free upgrade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I don't care Microsucks it doesn't do what I want it to do... I'm over it...I'm over it...I'm over it...I'm over it...

There... I vented.. now I need Tea..

I unlocked FAMAS... I am Solid Snake and no one can convince me otherwise.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Wish this forum had a rep system I would give much rep for this post :thumbup:

15. ___ezzy

___ezzy Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    What gun is everyone consistently using? It seems like the AEK/AS VAL are my go to currently. I've tried the AWS but I'm not impressed nonetheless I haven't made my final judgement on it.

16. WildAce

WildAce Master Guru

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    who uses a gun when you can SRAW them in the face ;)

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    AK 5C is an absolutely exceptional weapon.

This with a suppressor is what I use most of the time.

This is how I have mine currently set up.

[​IMG]

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    AKU-12 is very good - practically zero recoil and will out-bid most assault rifles at range. Very good for domination/TDM modes.

M416 is versatile and a good all rounder for conquest modes and general team/squad-based play when assault class and reviving people, and good when using a silencer. Also good for HC mode using the silencer.

ANY Designated Marksman Rifle using a night-scope in Operation locker, forget the name, but the scope which makes everything turn black and white - not the green and yellow mode. Either stay back behind the squads using narrow lanes, or stay on the rocks if outside, but you will see a dramatic difference in K/D using this on Op Lock.

RPK-12 is a fun LMG, and handles a little bit like a slow assault rifle - recommend trying it, but it feels as if it is an acquired taste, but the accuracy (esp at range) is truly awesome.

Gol Magnum is just sooooooo frickin' good - the speed, omg the speed.

Pistol Magnum is currently standard on all kits for me, with a 3X scope and unbeatable accuracy - it totally 1-shot-kills unsuspecting people at amazing ranges and am clocking up some serious game footage doing this in all game modes. I cannot recommend this gun enough, now they have upgraded it. 2nd choice if you want more bullets in your clip is the M1911 with a 3X scope, the recent buff to this weapon made it better, when it was already pretty good - and excellent for pistol-only games.

Flashbang is now at counterstrike levels - finally, making it another defacto choice as you can take out an entire camp on Metro using it. I'm not joking.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    SCAR-H/ACE 52 CQB/AEK/GOL/SKS/MG4

SW40/COMPACT for side arm.

There you go take your pick.

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    Now THAT would make a great melee weapon.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.