Battlefield 4 (part 3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ___ezzy

    ___ezzy Active Member

    Messages:
    78
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    Ever since I've installed AMD's never drivers I've been getting memory issues. Since launched I've never gotten a windows error on insufficient memory now I do. I have 8GB. Any help?

    EDIT. I guess it's a memory leak :( and I'm not the only one reporting this problem.
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. MadGizmo

    MadGizmo Maha Guru

    Messages:
    1,396
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Yeah. Solfaur just picks what he likes from the various brands.
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  3. Lemonking

    Lemonking Master Guru

    Messages:
    298
    Likes Received:
    9
    GPU:
    MSI 3080ti Gaming X
    does anyone know whats causing the direct x error in BF4?
    it's super frustrating I only started getting it like 2 weeks ago.
     
  4. Trasher

    Trasher Member Guru

    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Reinstall directx from the BF4 folder, that helped me
     

  5. Solfaur

    Solfaur Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    7,579
    Likes Received:
    1,043
    GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Even though most of my recent cards where nvidia, I hated how they dominated the market and imposed bigger and bigger prices with each generation. Competition is always needed and I truly hope AMD will kick nvidias butt with Mantle even if it's just to get them back on track. :)
     
  6. MarkosDL

    MarkosDL Master Guru

    Messages:
    531
    Likes Received:
    2
    GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Good morning :coffee:
     
  7. Bluedog

    Bluedog Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    2,690
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Constant multiplayer in game crashing since last update ... :bang:
     
  8. TekkMarine

    TekkMarine Maha Guru

    Messages:
    1,363
    Likes Received:
    17
    GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Thought I'D report in, game runs perfectly smooth except for the odd sound bug creeping in every now & then. Had 1 or 2 CTD's in a total of 24hrs game time. Playing the game at times can be a drag if your working on your own without an organised team, you will find yourself constantly having to stay in creep mode on maps like operation locker, also changing the attachments on your gun means you forget how to use it properly at times.

    For my AK12 I use:
    Kobra RDS
    Heavy Barrel
    Ergo Grip

    So in most situations I have to control my firing output with rapid mouse clicks unless im pretty much CQC. Going to try the stability specs and see how that goes, hopefully will be able to dominate better in close quarters.
     
  9. nanogenesis

    nanogenesis Maha Guru

    Messages:
    1,288
    Likes Received:
    6
    GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Played a LONG match yesterday. 51/36 k/d. At around 22k points, finally was the MVP for the very first time in a game. Second was my squad mate.

    Whenever I play there is a 10% chance of crash, 40% chance of server desync/network problem, the rest 50% is quite smooth.

    Recently I got myself some new RAM, a 2133mhz kit, OC'd it to 2400 kinda easily. BF4 runs very smooth now. Stays at 120fps. Only there is some fluctuation in framerate when I die and the screen blurs out, but happens randomly.
     
  10. dsbig

    dsbig Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    4,055
    Likes Received:
    42
    GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    tested the 8.1 optimizations


    in windows 7 with everything on ultra in the first part of campaign in the building with the tree inside. I get around 20-28fps



    in windows 8.1 same settings in the same area I get around 30-35


    actually this is the ONLY game that has a increase in fps. even though it still low.

    my other games perform same or lower.
     

  11. WildAce

    WildAce Master Guru

    Messages:
    439
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
  12. KissSh0t

    KissSh0t Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    9,837
    Likes Received:
    3,709
    GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You were killed in action by a headshot...

    i dont even.
     
  13. eclap

    eclap Banned

    Messages:
    31,495
    Likes Received:
    4
    GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that headshot is just as impressive! Nice SRAW though :)
     
  14. WildAce

    WildAce Master Guru

    Messages:
    439
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    it wasnt a headshot i got auto balanced by the server, thankfully it was after my kills, i had just joined the server.

    these were a couple comments i got some where else, i thought it was pretty funny.

     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  15. Deathchild

    Deathchild Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    3,970
    Likes Received:
    2
    GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

    :D

    eclap

    Sorry guys I just wanna show everyone the graphics score of my 7950 crossfire :D ROFL!!

    Got BF4 running with RadeonPro with Vsync always on, Dynamic Framerate Control at 116 and forced refresh of 116hz and damn was the game smooth.

    Also eclap what clocks are your cards running? I figured something like 1075/1100 would be a good medium.
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014

  16. SLI-756

    SLI-756 Banned

    Messages:
    7,604
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I just wanna show everyone my graphics score?
    we all seen it in amd section earlier.
     
  17. eclap

    eclap Banned

    Messages:
    31,495
    Likes Received:
    4
    GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    when did you get a 2nd 7950? I scored around 17k graphics score last time I tried, iirc.

    I run 1080/1400, but also have profiles for 900/1400 and 1000/1400 and 1125/1425 and hotkeys setup so I can change them on the fly.

    I run 900/1400 in WoW, 1080/1400 in most games, don't really use 1000/1400. used 1125/1425 for benching.

    Mantle is a disaster on my rig though, runs sweet on dx11, but mantle performance is bad. stutters and slowdowns all the time, still managed to get 8/0 last night before I decided to rage quit due to bad performance.
     
  18. Deathchild

    Deathchild Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    3,970
    Likes Received:
    2
    GPU:
    -
    Speak for yourself? lol

    Decided to run them at 1100/1500 now, but the top card (Gigabyte) gets kinda hot with the default fan profile (gets to about 78C in BF4), if I set my own fan profile it also affects the fan profile of the Asus card.. and then it gets kinda loud or makes sort of a hum which is slightly annoying, so I'll see how I'm gonna do.

    Maybe I'll swap them and see how that works out. You got 125% upscaling in BF4? Also I got it today.
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  19. eclap

    eclap Banned

    Messages:
    31,495
    Likes Received:
    4
    GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I run 130% atm. How is mantle performance for you? Gratz on cfx :) and yeah, bf4 makes these cards sweat, I max out around 74c on the top card :)
     
  20. Deathchild

    Deathchild Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    3,970
    Likes Received:
    2
    GPU:
    -
    Haha lol yeah, thx. :D I'm quite happy. Sick performance lol. Mantle is indescribable, but those stutters only hold it back right now, as soon as they get rid of that + the brightness thing then I'm all for mantle. It's like getting a 4960X for free and the performance is just sick.
     
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page