Battlefield 4 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vinnie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Still waiting mah game! :mad: :finger: Amazon. Though, maybe it's good thing... Less distractions for me and the experience wouldn't be too great at the moment in my case.

2. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    can anyone confirm whether this game will run ok on the specs ive listed? im on windows 7 and didnt quite like the terrible beta lag/thrashing etc. Even reducing some settings?

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't know if they fixed windows 7 performance, as I switched to 8 before final release (game ran terrible on 7 for me). But if they did, you will be fine with that rig. On windows 8 you will be 100% fine.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    PC
    PS3
    XBOX360

Not too bad for weekday.

5. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    bf4stats just went live today.

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Those are some great numbers for PC, the console numbers do seem to be very low in comparison, don't you think?
    From the major shooter (CoD) games I remember only the earlier ones had higher player numbers (like MW1/2 & Black Ops for example). Those numbers do look even better considering the amount of people who are still holding back, waiting for fixes.

7. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Several people I work with are console players and are waiting for its release on Xbox One and the PS4.
    The Xbox 360 guys are playing COD Ghosts for now.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    All major games do have a form of seemless upgrade, right? Why would someone want to wait completely instead of starting on current-gen, when (supposedly) it's so easy to keep playing and make the leap from one generation to the next?
    They'd surely have an achievement for that too :D

PS: As a comparison, Ghosts "achieves" a whooping 25.000 people at the same time. That's more than an all-time low, it's a disaster. Guess PC players had a clear choice and preference.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    running fine for me. but it's a bit of a struggle with high settings and 4xmsaa (i.e 40-60fps with vsync). have turned shadows and hbao/ssao off..

yep am very tempted to upgrade but with the 290 black screen issues..

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Why dont you lower to 2xaa and or just use post aa - low? SSAO on, rest at default ultra/high.

That was ok for me at BF4 beta 50-70fps, some rare 40ish fps cases by smoke explosions. :)

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Same here. I can't even run with 4xAA. I use 2xAA with post on low, HBAO and everything else on ultra. My FPS is usually bewteen 75 and 60 FPS, with the exception of the explosions. That will usually take me down the 40s.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Kids and most places were off today its verterans day in the states.

Thanks to the vets :)

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Every single time I have pick up the powerful sniper rifle... the one where it's placed on the map somewhere but you cant unlock it... EVERY single time I pick that up... I die without even having a chance to fire it..

xDDDDDD

14. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Asus said 5-7 business days, and card will be there on Wednesday. Maybe with the week or so off client patch will hit, and game will be more stable. Trust me if I haven't heard from Asus by Thanksgiving I might be sending a pm taking you up on that, lol.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    ^ Yup that sucks, awesome weapon!

After a 3 day break, i started playing again and now i keep getting black screen and i have to hard reset everytime... just great.

16. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Those with enough power to bump up the resolution scale slider should make sure their "Negative LOD Bias" setting is set to "Allow" specifically to prevent blurring. Even at only 125% it introduces unnecessary blur if the setting is not correct.

Negative LOD to Clamp (125% res scale):
    [​IMG]

Negative LOD to Allow (125% res scale):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Try everything on high (except textures and texture filtering for example) and 4xMSAA should be fine.
    I'm using this in combination with SweetFX (SMAA & color) and it works great. To me, high looks just as good as ultra but it's substantially faster.

That day off would be limited to the States though and I'd seriously doubt most PC players live there.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That sniper rifle is very bad to play with in close quarters or even medium to long range. It's a beast in very long range though. :)

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I so know what you mean xD

Found it on the map that has the moving train that you can sit on with the machine guns on both ends of the train... the sniper is up the top of the map. Or at least I think it was the top of the map.. Mid map, upper... if that makes much sense : /

My favorite map so far is the one that floods... Was doing that last night with my little brother, I was piloting and he was gunner.... that map is epic..

Also the map that is mostly inside and the outside is snowy... omg that map is epic..

The middle section with the large round room... was underneath that and thought I was safe then the whole thing fell down on me..

OTL

20. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    40X zoom scope mmmmm :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.