Battlefield 4 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vinnie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Supression is fine. EMP blur is meh, you can easily get a multi kill while it's on you, it's not a game changer. it's annoying, yes, but nothing game breaking for me. Anyone know a good meat grinder server? want to unlock a few guns.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    If you can control the recoil it's even good at long ranges.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Weird emp blur is getting removed next patch, yes it was a feature but DICE is removing it cos of the HATE.

also only high cal weapons cause supervision and only at longer rangers.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    welp if emp blur is gone by black Friday i'll probably end up getting it then.
    thanks for confirmation, Des, I only mentioned the suppression again cause I heard someone going on about it but perhaps it was the emp.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It is crap with 0 unlocks, a lot of the high rounds per minute guns are very ****ty in their stock mode. I however got lucky with the AEK because I got the potato grip from a battlepack, and soon after 40 kills the muzzle brake. Basically stubby/potato grip and muzzle brake make any gun (especially high RPM ones) laser beams.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    sniping seems like more fun, but the weapons lack punchy sound FX

7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Due to the fact that my scores are really rather **** I am getting rid of my u2711 and going for the 24" AOC with the 144hz refresh rate. Perhaps this will improve my scores as compares to BF3 I am rubbish at this game :(

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    What does the monitor have to do with anything lol?

I've had my U2711 since BFBC2, BF3, BF4... my "mad skillz" were pretty much the same in every single one of them. :D

9. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Response time is pretty low I guess, Ghosting can can been seen too on that monitor. You get use to stuff though.

10. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    The refresh rate at 60hz effects my aiming. I went to this u2711 from a 120hz monitor and my scores dropped instantly. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't gamed on the 120hz monitor for 2 years and although sp games are awesome on this monitor, the fast gameplay in BF4 causes me headaches and low aiming ability, I do love the dell though so I may keep it as well. Of course it could also be my age, at 45 I'm no where near as fast as I used to be :(

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's 6 ms if iirc, fine for me. The colors, pixel per inch make up for that. But then again I'm not really an competitive FPS player so what do I know. :p

12. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    What do you game on Des?

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I never played on a 120Hz before, I guess that if you get used to that you will notice the downgrade for sure. I have my U2711 for like 3+ years now and I'm really happy with it, rich colors, nice contrast, GREAT pixel per inch. It's an overall great monitor for both gaming and movies. I agree though that it might not be the best choice for competitive mp gaming, which I'm not really into anyway. :)

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I personally find most dell monitors have high input lag what ever they are rated at. Not to say they are not great monitors for pretty much everything else mind and overall picture quality is normally awesome.

At the moment I'm on one of these

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/aoc_i2757fm.htm

It's got a lg ips panel that can clock up to 80hz no problem and has fairly good imput response (for a ips)

I was on a Acer HN274Hbmiiid 27" TRUE 120Hz 1ms before this which was amazing tbh, colour were not as good as a ips but for games it was great, sadly it just died one day and I couldn't fix it or find a replacement.

15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    It is very stylish. I am still debating on getting a gaming monitor. I have a ZR30W but I heard that 120hz makes a huge difference.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It does make a difference but not a huge huge difference. I still do just as well on 60hz as i do 120hz.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    How is bf4 on windows 7 now? Is windows 8 still better or was it ever better?

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It was night and day better when I did the swtich, not sure wether they patched it by now since I was already on 8.1 Pro 64 when full game released.

19. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I am waiting for my copy too. Will be here next week. Some of my friends who I play online switched from 7 to 8 and they all say that difference is very noticeable. So I could not resist and ordered for myself one too.
    I will post later if I notice anything.

20. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    I am playing on win 7 64bit and have now stuttering or framerate drops at all. My Brother is on win 8 and he does have a bit of stuttering and our rigs are almost the same so I think it boils down to it will run fine on both if the system is kept clean and processes are kept to a minimum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.