Battlefield 4 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vinnie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Pretty silly article really I mean of course it's not selling as much on current consoles as most people are waiting for next gen and then we have the fact vgchartz doesn't count and pc download sales which I imagine is a huge share.

So all they are basing it on is xbox and ps3 sales.

2. rongtw

rongtw Member Guru

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    anyone getting random blurring ? its getting annoying now , its not just me a few have said it happens even when not suppressed am on latest amd beta,s

3. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    I think you are referring to the EMP. This is an effect of the EMP pulse that a commander's EMP drone releases. I have a feeling this will be patched out as it is causing so much negativity...

4. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Yeah that chart specifically says the numbers are for PS3 only. I think .95 million for one last gen console isn't too bad really. Some people are just going going to hate on EA no matter what. Who knows, maybe Activision is even involved. #conspiracytheories

5. ___ezzy

___ezzy Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    Is there double exp goin on?

6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Taken from the premium page "Double XP for Premium members on November 30 and December 1!"... I have not played yesterday but I don't think there was a double xp event.

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Yep. :bang:

D will now be even more important flag, as you can probably camp tanks there to look for 2 openings in the wall.

8. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  9. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Interesting. Double bullet registration probably.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Can't say for sure, as I haven't unlocked it yet (and few people seem to use them atm), but it should be the exact same thing as Des pointed out.

It's very effective if you put it on an elevated position with a clear sight of a larger area. That way a large part of the map will be covered by possible lock-ons :)

@desgaizu: Wouldn't it be natural still that sales "nose-dive" after the initial week? I mean most people would either buy the game right away or they'd wait a fair amount of time, for example until Christmas or some sort of sale.

I played a couple of hours yesterday, mostly engineer, and I'm still searching for *the* best weapon against vehicles.
    The M2 slam video someone posted seemed to be a great thing but I'm on the move mostly, so setting up traps might work or do nothing at all.

Anything that has an "extra" heavy punch against vehicles, maybe even lock-on? I don't want to use it against infantry anyhow.

PS: Can't say how happy I was that I could play the whole evening without a single crash, neither from the server nor the client. Quite a thrill :D

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    Despite the reported risks, I heard the netcode was patched and decided to make a purchase.

No issues that I can see or feel so far, and the game does have a decent amount of zip to it.

Gonna keep playing and feedback some more after I've had a chance to unlock more items to experience.

12. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Great... It took 23 day but just received my BF4. Only issue is that Amazon send another BF4 to me that was dispatched yesterday because the original delivery was taking too long.

EDIT:
    It works!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  14. ginger_hammer

ginger_hammer Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 CU2
    Oh thats what the blurring is - thanks!

15. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Been trying to unlock all the vehicle unlocks during past few days.

Managed to unlock all except the Tank where im about 2/3rds through.

The Stealth jet was the biggest pain, its beyond useless, out turned and out gunned by the attack jets. The cannon 20, 25 and even 30mm on it are very weak.
    Active radar is the only real useful unlock.
    Dread to think what playing this machine did for my stats.
    Still think flares are the best counter measure aswell

Attack Jet was the easiest to unlock all kit for
    30mm Gau cannon just destroys everything, easiest kill is against the attack boats on Paracel.

Attack chopper, I find the Zuni and the homing missles are less effective than the standard Hydras which seem to more damage (granted there is more in a pod)

Little bird generally owns the Attack chopper I have seen, 25mm cannon does alot of damage to the Attack chopper, but cant say the same for the Attack choppers chaingun.

AA is very powerful when equipt with active homing missles, virtually no warning for target when fired.
    The Cannon is very effective against infantry aswell. ..much like it was in BF3 untill it was nerfed.

Still plenty of balancing issues needing to be sorted out I think still vehicle wise.

16. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Thanks for this info. I am planning to get the fx8350 and replace my 965. I currently not happy with my performance.

17. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    I was the one that posted the M2 SLAM vid. I use it all the time. You remember in BF3 all we had was mines right? Well you kind of got used to always looking on the ground if your driving a tank or what have you. Well the SLAM changes that because you can mount then on walls like trip-wires for tanks. They have a decent range too so anything driving past goes kaboom if you plant 2 or 3 of them!

It is so funny hearing the rants after because the victim swears that there was nothing on the ground. This one guy called me a cheater using a hack but he had no clue it was an M2 SLAM LOL

18. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Hooray!!!!!!!!!
    Yesterday I finally could play the game properly. Put all settings on ultra with 2xAA and HBAO ON. Was getting 90FPS on average with drops to 60 sometimes. Was happy like a little kid.:banana:
    After the whole week of struggle here what I did yesterday.

1. Turned OFF HT in BIOS.
    2. Uninstalled NVIDIA 331.82 driver including NVIDIA experience and Shadow play and 3D Vision driver.
    3. Did clean custom install of 331.65 just a driver and physx nothing extra. No NVIDIA Experience, no 3D Vision, no Shadow play.

Not sure which out of these things helped but I suspect it had something to do with NVIDIA Experience and Shadow play. I googled all day yesterday and read somewhere that Shadow play causes FPS spikes and stuttering.

Now the game plays very nice and I can put on hold MOBO and CPU upgrade.
    Today will try to install 331.82 again but without NVIDIA Experience and Shadow play. Just Driver and Physx. If it plays good too that means my system does not like this Shadow play thing.

To all you guys who have powerful cards and still get FPS spikes and stuttering I suggest try to do the same and see if it helps. Post your results maybe to either confirm or prove wrong my suspicion about NVIDIA Experience and Shadow play.
    Sorry for long post but I am very exited about the game now.:)

Oh eh! My Windows 8.1 should be here next week and if it improves things even more I will be super happy.

19. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Awesome! By the way Shadow Play has no effect on gaming stuttering or stuff like that. Pay no attention...oh one other FYI, Ultra for terrain deco is really LOW it is a BF4 bug.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Just played some rounds with AEK-971, kobra sights, muzzle brake, laser, potato grip and dayummm this thing is a BEAST! It's funny because in BF3 I didn't really like the gun, I used it a bit in BFBC2 (not sure if it was the exact same gun, but it was an AEK).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.