Battlefield 4 (part 2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Vinnie, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I was being a smartass lol. DICE has a habbit of releasing patches that end up breaking other stuff. You figure this stuff would have gotten ran through a test environment before being released.

2. ___ezzy

___ezzy Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    FPS drops like crazy now on my stock 7950 :( dipped into the mid 30s a couple of times
    Ultra no msaa @ 1920x1080

Game just crashed while I typed this message lol

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    waahhhhhahahaha...what a POST over at battlelog...
    very nice written also..hehe..

2013-11-14 16:24 , edited 2013-11-14 22:04 by IDEC_01Quote
    [​IMG]

After years of gaming on consoles and listening to pre-pubescent boys describe to me how they slept with my mother on more one occasion, I decided to make the switch. Yes, I put down my controller declaring "no more!". No more will I deal with inferior graphics. No more will I deal with the laboring task of changing batteries. No more, I say, to a yearly subscription for services that are nothing more than an "ad"venture.

I heard tales of the PC world, that sounded too tall to be anything resembling reality. It sounded like a land of spells and Fairies; where Unicorns got their Starbucks for free and where Santa was actually a healthy, adult weight. I didn't believe it all to be true. But then I was shown the light. Much like a Deer in the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, I was stunned, frozen in my tracks, as a friend of mine allowed me to see his experience on the PC. My jaw fell, nearly cracking his keyboard into two equal halves. "How do I become a part of this other worldly experience?", I said softly. He replied, "You must build. Build your dream machine. Choose your technological weapons and fight with us." I took heed of his words.

Racing home as fast I as I could and as straight as the crow flies, I logged on to the internet and chose the guts that would become my weapon of PC war. With a click of the "checkout" button, my journey was half over. In no time at all, a man in a brown uniform knocked on my door. "I bring you tidings of PC joy, my liege.", he said. With a grin, I replied "Thank you, brown knight. Place the boxes on yonder floor." It was like a castle. A fortress of boxes containing the ultimate power in the universe. Swiftly I began cutting open each box, one by one, each time revealing another piece of the puzzle.

The building process began with a small drop of sweat on my brow and with surgical precision I pieced together my prize. Motherboard here. CPU there. Graphics card over here. Plug in this, screw down that. The process was easier than I had anticipated. All that was left was to give a slight push to the power button. So I did. And, lo, the beast awoke with a thunderous whirrrrr-ing of the fans! I was taken aback. "IT'S ALIVE!", I shouted. My dream machine was born.

I now live in a world where my mother can live safely, without the threat of boys lusting after her. Where women and men are ladies and gentlemen. Where everyone says "GG" as a sign of respect to one another after a hard fought battle. I have found my new home. And for that, I say: Thank you, PC community. Thank you.

EDIT: Someone requested that I actually narrate this. Link below to the mp3 file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knhlek5mpnxak6l/NARRATION.mp3 [dropbox.com]

ahh, its

oh, and download the mp3, its quite nice..he should be a radio moderator...

allmost 6am..
    imma go to the bakery, cya laters...

4. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Is anyone getting a weird disconnect now? I am unable to play.

I loaded the patch and the web updated and can join a server...it lets me in for about 10 seconds then the game goes to a black loading screen with the little blue dash up in the top right and then closes with no error messages.

I verified install and rebooted. I am going to try updating PB next.

5. ___ezzy

___ezzy Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    I think everyone should link their favorite servers to play on. I used to play on Violent industries servers but they have been dead as of lately..

6. pbvider

pbvider Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    From Battlelog,one guy on Paracel Storm:
    "Am I the first one to get killed by a lighting strike? I should get some kind of achievement or Dog tag for that."
    "Lightning is OP, nerf now!"

EA/DICE are truly incompetents,how can they put a picture like this on FB?This picture was posted by Battlefield,not a user.Even the picture has bugs,not only the game...
    [​IMG]

7. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    You guys need to chill out and stop blaming DICE for all your problems. I just played 3 hours straight with not a single issue. Game feels smooth like BF3. Friggin bunch of cry babies....

8. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Sonofabitch...just lost my save in the single player. I was on mission 6 too.

I loaded cloud data and that seems to have killed my progress. It still shows in battleloaf.

Can you download savegame files for this? Where are they located?

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Guess I was still lucky then. I totally forgot that any patch would reset your level progres in singleplayer. I stopped playing when I was almost done with a level, now I'll have to do it again. Still better than doing the whole campaign a second time though :D

Btw., I still don't see anything ticket-related on the server browser. I *hate* high-ticket servers and I'd love to have that info to make a better choice.

10. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I actually had a battlelog update with the ticket preview of the servers,
    It was working for a short while and now it's broken...

11. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    I absolutely refuse to let Origin save my game progress in their "cloud". It's screwed me over and lost it in both one of the Crysis games and a Dead Space game.

12. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    No problems since patch up to now.

It was running very good on max settings and then I realized I had forgot to enable Sli. Turned Sli on an now I have fps coming out of my ears.

Running fantastic :)

All maxed out @ 200% scaling and MSAA X4 Im getting between 35-45 fps in MP.

VRAM is up to 3355mb.

Looks nice but too choppy to play though.

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    on SLi OMG lower to 100% scalling
    looks like need 2 780ti for 200% scalliong

14. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    Just messing about with settings now to find my sweet spot :)

Maxed out with 130% scaling and MSAA X4 is averaging 90 fps and smooth as silk.

Using 2400mb VRAM with these settings.

Doesn't look a great deal different from 200% - 130% to justify performance to me.

Cheers.

15. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    So up untill the patch id had like 30hrs of play with only one ctd in the first few days since release.

Post patch/recent server updates I played 3 hours and had multiple crashes at the end of the round with "BF4.exe" errors.

Awesome. .....

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Lol that's bad, even my FPS is better on 7970M. :D

17. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Game is running perfect for me and I've not had any crashes since the patch

18. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Game is running solid for me.

My only complaint is that new stupid blur effect when there's an enemy commander online.

That has absolutely got to go.

19. Violentum

Violentum Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Not sure what this blur effect is?

20. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    They're calling it a "chromatic abberation" effect and it seems to be on purpose. I think supposedly caused when you're under an enemy commander's drone that is emitting EMP pulses.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.