Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3070Ti
    patch just came.. 61 Mb. anyone know the changelog?

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Applied the patch, certainly it's not fixing the **** performance on Win7. No ideea what it did.

3. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    no changelog... about to run some new benchmarks using Fraps.

EDIT: the patch actually LOWERED my FPS with Crossfire! :bang:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I'm saying you shouldn't treat this as a demo and judge the final product based on it. You should just use it as an opportunity to help improve a game you're invested in (not saying you don't). That's how I see it. I'd never buy a game just to get into a short beta.

Dice betas always perform subpar and get much better down the road. There's no way I won't get this game day 1. I know it will be much improved, and I'm already having a blast with it.

Not sure why so many folks are having issues with Windows 7. I'm not, in any case. You'd think an SLI setup would have more issues than a single card. But I guess every case is different at this point and there doesn't seem to be a lot of consistency in the correlation to feedback and hardware setups. The game was crap before I installed the nvidia beta drivers. It was leaps and bounds better after.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If anyone finds the change log, please post it. Otherwise, I see no difference in this patch gameplay wise.

EDIT:

Also, Punkbuster has an update for BF4 too. Make sure you guys get that as well.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    At least we can see what files were updated. \Battlefield 4 Beta\Update\Patch\Data

Reading for many people its running now worse than before, fps and stuttering wise and for some its running better.... sigh.. :3eyes:

7. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    How do you update Punkbuster separately?

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    pbsetup.exe ! google...

9. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    awesome, figured it out, thanks!!

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dont forget PB.svc if your having problems with PB. Pb.svc i used to use alot in BF2 days as PB was a nightmare sometimes regarding PB-A, PB-B and PB-K. Sometimes you had to manually configure them which is what PB.svc is for.

PB is much better today than it used to be.

Also using console cmd PB_sleep 500, then hit enter and type PB_writecfg.
    What this does is tells PB to scan your hardware every 500 seconds which can help massively with lag. Probably not so much today but back in the days of BF2 most people had 1-2gb or ram so the PB sleep command helped a great deal.
    Pb_writecfg just saves the command to memory.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    pbsvc.exe is for install/de-install (repair) pb service and also test if its working properly. It doesnt keep your Punkbuster up2date.

13. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I REALLY hope they make the skyscraper a hell of a lot harder to bring down in the final version. It looked cool the first two or three times, but is now very annoying considering that it is the first thing that the tank noobs do. It doesn't change the map at all, because I have yet to play a match where it has been left standing for more than 5-10 minutes, so it is basically the same map every time: dusty haze, rubble that can be challenging to jump and vault through, and a glitched PT boat spawn at C. I understand that it's a novelty, but it just makes the map look bad, and since it is a scripted event and happens the exact same way every time, it is already old just like when the candy cane falls over in Caspian at the 30 ticket mark.

Aside from seeing what it looks like, I don't see why people want to blow the tower up....there are other tall building with elevators all over the place and C is actually a pretty crap place to snipe from anyways....You can't see A, B, E, and you can only partially see the D roof. C is equally challenging to hold if the tower is standing or down since it is large and there are many places to hide in the rubble or water, OR, you need a bunch of guys in the tower to cover the elevators since there are so many of them.

BTW, I like that you can go on all the buildings. I hope the verticality of this map is carried into other maps as well. The pissing, moaning, and gnashing of teeth from people using the MAV to go onto tall buildings in BF3 was ridiculous, but it is so much cooler with the elevators.

It would be cool if they made a few different collapse animations for the tower and made it so it actually changes the map with a random C flag location depending on the tower collapse animation. They could make one where rubble piles up in the water and creates a little island where you have to swim or boat out to C.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    we should all get on an empty map and play a couple rounds.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sounds good but I just updated pb and now can't join any games, keep getting punkbuster error :( I'm working on it.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Thats because the majority of servers havent been updated yet.

17. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Only thing I've noticed about the patch is that fxaa seems to be working now.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Ammo-Box re-supplying is working faster now and granates seems to reload now, too. Granades didnt reload with ammo-box before.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ammo box doesnt replenish grenades etc..why?