Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Nothings changed since switching to the 331.40 beta driver.

Still getting FPS drops to 10-20 while standing still and when roaming around it just chugs...FPS keeps jumping between 40 & 50 then when I turn a corner it drops to 20.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    One thing I was going to praise is how good the servers are atm, I know it's not perfect, but I haven't had a single issue connecting to the game or getting disconnected. Oh, what is every ones view of hit detection. I'm liking it, really responsive and accurate from what I've played. Also love the little improvements, jumping, vaulting etc. Animations look great too. Oh, levelution... Saw the skyscraper collapse in front of me, I actually smiled like a little kid haha.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm getting really good performance, I'd say it runs between 60-70fps a lot more than not (Ultra with 2xAA). It still doesn't feel like 60-70fps for some reason, maybe I just need to get used to the animations or whatever it is is setting off my gyros. Still, considering I'm playing on a massive 64 player map, with vehicles and all the fancy graphics and explosions going off, I'm pleasantly surprised. There's drops to 50s, but that's normal. I'd say for me personally, the fps I'm getting in BF4 beta with 2xAA is very similar to what I was getting in BF3 with 4xAA.

That's weird. I've seen stutters with drops to 20s, but only 1-2 times, then I rebooted my pc and no drops at all in 2 full rounds of Shanghai. Oh, when the skyscraper collapsed, I dropped to 31fps for a second, with all the explosions going off, but it shot up to over 60fps straight away.

4. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Hi mate, try gametime.maxvariablefps 60 in console (or whatever you wish to cap to)

And an easy way to monitor FPS is perfoverlay.drawfps 1

I am nto getting anything this severe however I am for sure getting the chugging just the same, I think mine drops from a solid 60 to 30-40.

And it keep dropping into the 50's.

According to GPU usage I am not having GPU power problems, specially as i am playing on medium with AA OFF.

It's basically unplayable.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh btw, has anyone had any luck with getting SweetFX to work?

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Is anyone able to get the afterburner in game display working? (for GPU/FPS usage etc)?, I can't get it to work in this.

Edit.
    Never mind, just checked the other section and its because it doesn't support 64bit.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Hit detection is much better imo and the peaking over and around cover is working very nice now (it was quite broken before)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thanks, will try that. Medium with AA off? wow... That's interesting, it really seems that nvidia are struggling here. I can't wait to see some performance charts to confirm what I'm thinking.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Runs like a charm here. 4x MSAA all ultra. :D

Was expecting worse performance then BF3 but it's not.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    still haven't peaked once, don't even know how to do that lol, will have to check my bindings.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm bored already. They should of added hardcore mode. :flame:

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Right now I'm not sure whether it's 2011 or 2013. I'm having the exact same issues I had with BF3 at the beginning.

You launch the game, see the icon on the taskbar... but nothing happens. Alt-Tab then gets you there. Otherwise it'll stay minimized.
    Instead of a keyboard I'm using a Logitech G13 for my left hand. Guess what? Can't set any keys so far, no matter what I do.
    The one good thing -> the SweetFX Injector, with the x64 folder (by Boulotaur?), works fine :)

First match was quite weird too. The map had three flags, all really close together, and no vehicles. Maybe 10 people. It felt like playing Nuketown Domination, everything was so close together you could throw a grenade anywhere from any spot on the map.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Haven;t tried yet, still got issues getting the graphics to NOT look like a cellshaded cartoon.

14. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    It does not run that well here.. Two R9 290's here we come. :D

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Still can't solve it.

If anyone wants a screenshot of the problem and wants to suggest a solve for it, let me know...until then, screw the beta.

Plenty of n00bs on BF3 to shoot at.

16. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Anyone tried Bf4 with a midrange laptop card?

17. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Impressive, for me I am using medium with ALL AA OFF and it runs like garbage, RAW FPS seems to hold 60, but it keeps randomly dropping as I am running around, like huge stutters.

It's absolutely unplayable.

I just decided to take off VSYNC and FPS is much higher than 60, but it cannot hold 60 one bit with VSYNC on.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It seems that Windows 7 and BF4 BETA is a no go..

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    what makes you say that? works just fine here.

20. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Hitting 98-100% CPU usage with not a lot going on at times... locked to 60 fps. Finding it hard to justify why it's maxing out the old 2500k based on what is going on on screen. Tower fall and standing around afterwards = 40-50 or so odd fps with 100% usage consistent it seems. Hope they pull some optimizations out of the hat for this one.

GPU usage is about where I figured it to be with hope again for Nvidia optimizations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.