Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Hmmm, World War I hey? Think ancient guns, ancient submarines, biplanes... may be a bit slow for some people. How would you work things in, like dysentery, or the unofficial Christmas truces of 1914?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    You would probably not work those things in, just like BF3 is completely alien experience from reality of modern day conventional combat.

3. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    No war is happy fraggin for everyone. Yet they design their way around non entertaining stuff. Can't see why it wouldn't be the case with WWI.
    How BF3 works when you get the kneecap blown off and no one around has morphine?
    Finally someone who is reasonable.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    My main concern with Battlefield game that is prior to WWII is absence of hand carried automatic weapons and lackluster vehicles. Can WWI setting work for a good game? Probably. But I think it wouldn't work too well with FPS genre. The weapon set limitation is just too big of an issue.

Then again, Chivalry/Dark Messiah/War of the Roses all managed good first person action gameplay without relying on automatic weapons, so perhaps there are talented individuals who may very well surprise me with something ingenious... but I certainly can't even begin to envision how it would play out.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Such a shame, I love BF3 but I'm not hyped at all on this BF4 - I mean another modern one already?. Surely they should have done BF2143 instead, that way BF3 and BF2143 could have sat side by side for a while instead of simply having BF4 be an updated BF3 which will compete with its player base.

Like with BF2 and BF2142, both Battlefield games but they didn't really compete with each other and each maintained a decent player base due to the different settings.

8. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I don't think they care about the player base.

Bring on the open Alpha testing DICE. listen to the testers and don't release a beta one month before the release of the retail version full of bugs.

Dedicated servers, server side hit detection. Client side HD sucks A$$.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I have mixed feelings about this, I mean at least they could do was change the color scheme of that poster. Again that blue and orange blur, no suprise it feels like another BF3...

If they did a futuristic setting or ww2 for a change I would look much more forward to it. It's clear that they aim at COD, wich means, less innovation and recycling.

10. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    That "beta" for BF3 was totally a demo. BF3 could've used a proper beta like you said. Months before release with different iteration of it to test out changes.

Aren't BF3 servers dedicated servers?

As for server side hit detection, I see two major problems. One is increase on server load on already dicey (pun intended) stability on 64 players severs. And there is also how instead of dying around corners, your gun physics changes depending on the lag and the amount you have to lead varies, leading to very clunky shooting.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    in BF4 I want a .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle...

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yes, BF 3 has dedicated servers, that's the only type you can have unless you're playing co-op.

13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I can't even tear myself away from playing BC2 for a single night right now to play BF3 so I honestly have no bloody idea how I'll do the same when BF4 comes around. I've even started going on BC2 Vietnam servers now and am just as addicted.

I watched my son playing End Game on BF3 on his 360 last night and it looked like a lot of fun, especially those bikes. Hah.

14. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    Still play BFBC2 all the time.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The gunplay in BC2 is different to BF3 isn't it... that was my very first impression when trying out the BF3 Beta period.

Some of the BC2 maps are so good.. my personal favorite was Harvest Day I think it was called?

16. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Bigtime, BF3 was a load of $hit compared to BF2, ive given up on it even though BF2 is my alltime favourite game on PC. I dont expect much from BF4, if i hear BF2 fans like it ill buy it eventually when its on cheapo, otherwise will skip it.

Lost all faith in DICE producing a good game as they've gradually become worse under EA influence and i dont see BF4 bucking this trend, in fact all devs purchased by EA have become worse, Bioware, Maxis etc.

17. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Only thing I dislike with BF2 is the really dodgy hit detection.
    Emptying an entire clip into an enemy at point-blank range to no effect because you are walking is not cool lol.

18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    one thing that annoyed me in BF2 was not having a stinger missile to take down choppers

19. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    hit detection in BF2 wasnt great but its far far worse in BF3 with client side hit detection.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm really curious to see what did they mean by BF3 using only 20-30% of Frostbite 2's capabilities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.