Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Will they sort the hit detection, will they sort the hacking issue

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Loved BBC2, 500-600hours played, BF3 on the other hand was very boring to me, at least the vanilla game. Now with the expansions out I did start to play a bit more but still I haven't reached 100hours played yet. I can't really name a reason, but the gameplay was somehow more fun in BBC2.

I just hope that BF4 will not turn into a new CoD with yearly releases, even every 2 years it's too soon to keep up the quality. We'll see, i'll keep my hype level to a medium for now. :nerd:

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Theres a big chance that BC3 is coming as well, but after BF4. Dice said they definitely want to continue Bad Company series.

They also have tripled resources after BC2, more staff, etc. and almost the whole team is working atm on BF4. Theres just a small team which is working atm only on End Game and also a small team for support and bugfixing.

Im in contact with a few "younger" devs from dice ;) next year im gonna visit them in stockholm. :banana:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I hope we can see some in-game shots soon, or short singleplayer trailer.

So damn curious how it looks compared to BF3.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    BF4 will be presented after the release of End Game. Rumors today in the Sony Press Conference where they announce the PS4, but i doubt it. Cos Dice said, BF4 only after BF3 is "finished" aka. last DLC released.

It must be assumed that they will reveal it on PAX end of March.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  6. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I want BC3. Used to love hiding in a semi destroyed building behind enemy lines and ambushing enemy players in BC2. BF3 is boring as ****.

Still love that sound of a building collapsing in BC2.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Ah yea i forgot about Sony and their PS4 announcement. Did it already take place?

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I'm super tired of "modern warfare". It's as stale as could be. /pass

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I was disappointed with BF3 but im gonna give DICE one last chance to get it right with BF4.

Fail again with the console crap port and ill never buy another BF title again.

If they dont learn from the flak they got from seasoned BF players of old for how shoddy BF3 was then they never will learn.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    BF3 was the most successful one so far, so don't see them changing the formula.

I didn't like it, but wasn't a console port though, unless you meant the MP gameplay.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Hopefully this time DICE can combat the hackers otherwise :deadhorse:

12. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I wish devs would return to the roots of WW2 again.
    Its been ages since we had a good WW2 FPS.

And can we also please get rid of that battlelog crap?
    I preferr my games to be standalone and NOT have forced online integration that effectively completely cripples the game the day EA drops support.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It was a port it was confirmed by Patrick BACH that development shifted half way through to consoles as lead developement.

Hence the COD based maps.

As a fine player of BF2 with over 2400hrs on my account i can firmly say that BF3 was not a true successor to BF2.

I can name lots of features that was missing which i already did long ago but i cant be arsed wasting my time and energy at this moment.

BF3 sucked compared to BF2 its a well known fact by many wether you believe this or not.

You dont even play MP games so unless you do you cant really say in a nice way:)

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I meant from a purely technical point of view it wasn't.

I know i don't, that is why i asked you :)

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I just hope that this time with BF4 that they can develop on PC from start to finish and then port to console and dumb it down if they need too.

Make some proper BF dedicated maps for the PC like they did with some of the Premium addons which was too little too late.

Fix stupid thing with the Jets like flares breaking lock-on tone from the beginning when the game is out which is complete rubbish compared to BF2 and real-life.

I understand they fixed this now but again too little too late.

Look how long it took them to fix that stupid IR scope which was an unofficial wallhack.

May as well go buy some cheats cause thats what it was.

Bf3 was very unbalanced last time i played and from what i understand its worse now.

Atleast Commander is making a Return, thats a good thing.

Im looking forward too it tbh but im 50/50 as to wether it will be different or just the same as BF3 with commander bolted on.:)

16. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    A little late on the response to this one, but... really? BF3 is the same game except polished in every single way. I mean, obviously you're entitled to your opinion, but... really?

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Well, BC2 had much better campaign but I doubt that's what he was talking about...

In terms of multiplayer, as improved as BF3 was, BC2 had a notable advantage with the the no-holds-barred level of destructible buildings. Maybe he's missing that.

Carl gustav spam FTW lol. I remember people making makeshift "window" on buildings to shoot out through haha

18. Dillinger

Dillinger Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    For a while I considered BF3 to be a step down from BC2.

BF3 lacked the fun-factor, the maps weren't nearly as enjoyable and the client-side hit detection was a major annoyance.

I also missed AT4'ing choppers and tossing C4 20ft away to take out a tank/someone camping in a building.

Weapons sounded like they had more punch in BC2...and there wasn't this retarded suppression effect causing the screen to blur & bullets to deviate.

After the release of new maps/weapons I've become to favor BF3 over BC2...But since last month I quit playing BF3 & BC2 altogether as they've grown stale.

I'm not into much games other than the BF series so BF4/BC3 is all I'm looking forward to playing.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  19. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    Gem store ??? Cheap mobile games come to my mind straight away. Get gems to buy super-duper uniform...
    BF3 was a disappointment for me, got too much hype. Going to wait and see how this one plays out. Definitely not going to pre order.

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    BF4 confirmed for next gen consoles...

http://www.ea.com/news/transition-is-our-friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.