Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
  2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    That has me worried, the game does indeed look better than BF3 but it doesn't look so much better to require that much of an increase in performance IMO.

What I'm really hoping is, that with certain settings you can make BF4 look exactly like BF3 (I mean it still looks awesome!) and you'll get the same performance as BF3 - that way I won't have to upgrade (I'm trying to make this PC last as long as possible).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    wouldn't worry too much, they may have demoed bf3 with a gtx 580 but that gpu was not even powerful enough to run the game maxed out at 60+ fps. the hd 7990 might be an overkill for all we know. Maybe it didn't perform well enough all maxed (60+fps) so they went for a 7990. I think that something in the range of 7950 upwards (or gtx 670 or better) will be required to play on high settings.

4. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1
    Thats Bonnie Tyler young padawan(Im so old:p)

Looks pretty but boring.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    The only thing in that demo that impressed me was the gun sounds. Much much better than BF3 in my opinion.

Other than that, it looks identical to BF3 with slight improvements in lighting and the textures look slightly higher too.

The lack of AA was a bad move as the jaggies stood out like a sore thumb.

I hope that it performs well on our hardware, as I am hoping for performance optimizations combined with better visuals, not just better visuals that needs more grunt and a new GPU. Our current GPU's are more than poweful enough to power this game. I mean BF3 maxed out @ 1080p on 64 player servers and its still well above 80fps.

EDIT:

Seconded! THERE SHOULD NOT BE A SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGN IN BF AT ALL!!

Stick to what it does best and thats MP, if they pumped all their resources into that imagine what they would come out with... only a half broken game a launch that will only require two massive patches to fix rather than seven LOL.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Whats even worse in SP is this new Social Media Crap and you get points and see "this guy has a new highscore in this level" crap.

I hope this crap is somehow not in MP.

7. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    It's really BF3.5 updated for the next generation consoles with updates for PC. Still won't get it since Origin is required.

8. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    i really liked it pity its the SP they always show, with the BF3 premium comes the access to the BF4 beta, when that will be ?

9. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    So they demonstrated the part of the game that nobody is interested in.

The ability to use back-up iron sights might be nice in MP.

So far, all we know is that this might just be a big MP map pack. Have any new features been confirmed?

10. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Didn't impress me at all. Sounds were good though. Seen better graphics elsewhere on other PC games even Crysis 3 looks better. I know for sure the MP will be identical to BF3 with some new weapons to unlock again and minor little things like map sizes, player counts, new MP modes maybe. Same vehicles/aircrafts maybe 1 new one lol.

11. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Who keeps butchering the glorious Battlefield main theme? BF3 was bad enough but now... all I hear is BRZZZ...

And they still didn't put a player shadow in there (unlike Crysis). What's the point of seeing your own body when looking down but not throwing a shadow?

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the new theme is horrible.

And, I've seen a lot of negative talk about this video (which I don't disagree with)... but more often then not the response I see posted back is, "It's BF, people shouldn't go in for single player"... if that's the case, maybe DICE should stop trying to pimp the single player.

DICE put a ton of focus on the campaign for BF3 from conventions, previews, demonstrations... and when the game came out, reviews almost all trashed the campaign but still gave the game solid scores.

And now DICE are showing BF4 by coming out of the gate with the campaign... again. And people are already trying to shrug it off because "it doesn't count". BS. If DICE want to include a single player, and they want to prance it about in front of everyone... make it count.
    There's no reason to expect their single player campaigns to ever get better if people keep shrugging them off. I get the main draw for BF has been the MP, but DICE keep pushing the campaign more and more... so make it count when the final word on the game comes down.

This footage, while it does look gorgeous... it looks like BF3 with some more filters thrown on.
    Yeah, they are trying to hide how tightly scripted it is by making the areas look all huge... but it's still the same tightly controlled, rail ride BF3 was.
    Hopefully it's just a meh section and the rest of the campaign is more open, not as cliche' and with a much stronger story.
    But... I'm not seeing it from this.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    17 Minutes Fishing in Baku

Very Good Facial Animation

Secondary Weapon Sight

Improved Trees

Birds

Breaching Shotgun

Multi-Barrel Grenade Launcher

Single Player Squad Commands

WOW THE COLLAPSING BUILDING BIT WITH CRASHING HELICOPTER

Best choice car music is BEST

WOW THE DRIVING BIT

Very impressive Teaser Trailer.

14. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Ti Gaming X
    I don't really care about SP in this game. In fact, I haven't played single player in BF3 ever. I buy the BF series for the MP. I hope they get some videos of that up soon.

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I meant in the teaser, not the 17 minutes video :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

16. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    Amazon has pre-order already... but i'm not going to rush ahead this time. I will wait patiently and let the others be the guinea pigs.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    So has Origin....and Gamestop...and...

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm going to buy it AT RETAIL... when it comes down to about $50.. mwahahahaha.. *Spits at Origin's feet*

Gonna predict it's release price for PC at $88 in Australia... again.. lol

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Im gonna buy a rus key ~20€ just like i did with BF3..

(Ok, right now it costs 30,21 € (38,85 $) ^^)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  20. resante

resante Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX670
    8:50 the guy gets hit with the shotgun in the back but falls backward like he got shot in the face. Nitpicking but that bothers me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.