1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    not had a prob with overclockers.

just unlocked the first d.m.r for the sniper. at least now i have something that fires a few shots so I perhaps can get more kills...

(although no scope yet...argh..iron sights).

2. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti
    Hey guys.
    Some of you mentioned that sound is better than in BF3.
    Is it just me or it is quieter than BF3. I have sound settings the same in BF3 and BF4 and my receiver at the same level and BF3 is very loud but in BF4 I can barely hear my own footsteps and other sounds too.

3. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    Hey guys, i asked before but as no one has answered it yet here it goes again.

Can you hear the enemy footsteps coming from behind or only 180ยบ just like in Bf3?

4. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GAMING X
    Nop i didnt here nothing i bealive is becose its not a final realese

5. myshkin

myshkin Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 ti
    I'm usually just a lurker here, but I thought I'd post to confirm the frame skips seem to be related to windows 7.

I had some DLL issues preventing me play the beta on my daily driver windows 8.1 install, so I installed the BF4 beta on a spare drive with clean install of Windows 7 + platform update, and the 331.40 drivers. The result was awful stutters despite a reasonable framerate. I ended up having to drop to 900p with medium to make it halfway playable.

I then decided to do a clean win 8.1 install on my data drive, just to figure out my DLL problem, and to my surprise on win 8.1 the BF4 beta pretty much performs as well as BF3 does on my rig!

I haven't tried it on plain windows 8 so I can't speak to that. Here's my fraps min/max/avg report with an i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz, 8GB ram, and a single 560ti (1GB). BF4 is set to 1080p, all high, no MSAA, and I got the following for a 64 player round of the beta on windows 8.1:

Code:
    Frames	 Time (ms)	 Min	 Max	 Avg
    33326	733875	            30	73	45.411

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    ah im stuck on Loading now! Tried couple of servers, same problem

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive been involved and also heard of the Horror Storys, I wouldnt recommend Ocuk to my worst enemy!

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    I keep getting crashes after 10min of playing, DX error and BF4beta.exe has stopped working crap.

9. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Same issue here.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i join a server. and sicne 5 minutes iam looking at loading screen and hearing my HDD bzzzling.

edit: yeah nice and now BF4 stopped working crash.

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Mine is okay now. But first 2 mins of every round is very laggy then it all goes back to normal until next round

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    tried a german one? ran well for me earlier...and the germans are easy targets....(joke).

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    still loading for 5+ minutes and then crashing. FAIL.

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Some servers take minutes to load and other are almost instant 10 seconds join... weird.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, that actually made me laugh. I'm thinking this w7 issue will be addressed in a patch soon enough. Would be nice to hear from dice on this issue.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Ordered most of my stuff from them, Never ever had any problems with them at all.

I purchased my new case from them (Corsair Air 540) and it came on time and in perfect condition they even included a small bag of sweets in the box as well like they do every time.

Even dealing with their customer service team has been a treat, I had a HDD DOA when I got it, phoned them up and straight away got an RMA number and second HDD sent out to me.

I also remember having to send back my 4870x2 as I got artifacts on the card when using BOTH cores with Crossfire disabled it was fine. I had to picked up the next day and a second card was in the post within two more days. Which worked perfectly.

Yep same here now, I got the stuck on Deploy screen bug a few times yesturday but that went away after a restart of Origin.

Now I am getting the stuck on Loading Screen bug, sometimes the music will stop and I will hear the sound from the game but all I see is the loading screen.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    now joined and played. plays so low FPS. even lowered but same. why? non ati? why?

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    windows 7? white was complaining as well...u got the latest drivers for bf4? (331/.40)

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Win7 maybe? CPU bottleneck?

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Are your using a set of cans or desktop speakers? Im using the Sennheiser HD 598 headphones and I think the effects of BF4 sound way better than BF3. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.