Battlefield 3 Teaser- 64 Player, Jets and prone

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rifle_Grunt, Feb 4, 2011.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    To be honest, many people who doesn't own an I7 or I5 was experiencing low GPU usage in a full-server multiplayer game due to it's unoptimized engine for the PC. Now, 64 PLAYERS with that same engine .... doesn't look so good

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    mind you improved engine ;) might be whole a lot better (or not). but still it should run nice. im getting all maxed out in bfbc2 avg of 60+ fps with 16xAF

3. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    More info about BF3..

NO dolphin diving
    Kertz went on to assure that while soldiers can go prone in Battlefield 3 - i.e. lie on their stomachs - there will be absolutely no lying down while in mid-air. This is a technique called 'Dolphin Diving' and "is out", wrote Kertz - "Period."

Kertz went on to confirm Iranian capital Tehran as one of the game's major locations.
    More info here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-07-dice-battlefield-3-has-3d-spotting

From another article http://www.fpstime.com/2011/02/battlefield-3-the-last-details-huge-wallpapers/

“there is bullet drop. Doesn’t work the same as BC2 though, it’s a much deeper system”

“bc2 bullet drop is the same for all guns,” said Alan Kertz (demize99) on Twitter.

We also know:
    - Tracer are confirmed, (edit: not sure if they mean bullet tracers or the dart tracer gun in BFBC2)
    - Battlefield 3 will use differents weapons and FOV systems,
    - Friendly fire will be an option,
    - Do not expect grappling hook or zipline,
    - Vehicle Infantry balance will be very important,
    - Graphics should be enhanced and better.

All info above was from the 2 articles so if anything is wrong or unclear, I can't clarify what they mean. There is also additional info I didn't copy/paste from the Eurogamer article so give that a read!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    No tracers ffs. I don't want to shoot gigantic "LOOK I'M HERE" signs. On mg's and things like that they're ok, but regular AR's and other rifles... ugh.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah friendly fire. i always love how people think they can throw grenades in a room full with team mates and get away with it. strike 3 , your out! LOL
    imo this is how it should be, damage possible to your team mates.

6. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Hmm that is confusing. I'm not sure if they meant bullet tracers or the dart tracer gun that was in BFBC2.

7. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I hope they'll offer something like combat rose from BF2, but with quick option like in BC2. Marking objective when I want ammo or spot was something really uncool.

I won't discuss which game was better - BF2 or BC2. The old BF games were really innovative, when BC2 is just a really good follow-up (at least for me).

I'm afraid that there's no chance for player-driven unranked servers. In such case I really DO hope DICE/EA will do something to ensure acceptable server quality. Some of the service providers host too many games using too poor machines, what results in a lot of uneven lag and jitter. Maybe the problem doesn't exist in US, but in EU it's really bad.

Another issue is teamwork. Maybe players used to play in a different way a few years ago, when there was some teamwork even without extra points. BFBC2 has points for teamwork (which I like), but still, so many players are d-bags. For me teamwork begins with Assault (C4/Smoke) and Recon (spamming motion sensors, any weapon) moving together and doing their job. It's the 1st question when playing with friends - who gets Assault, who Recon. However so many players just play noobtube Assault (40mm Grenade Launcher + Explosive Power + camp + ammo box nearby) or camper-sniper (Recon, who doesn't use even a single motion sensor and stays in place, then votes for baserape kick when he gets owned with C4 or knife).

Perhaps DICE will be able to offer good server tools or specific game mechanics that prevents game-spoiling behavior.

8. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    tracers only on machineguns or as a customization to your gun. but this retarded tracer every second round system as in bad company 2 is realy just pissing me off.

9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Haha, yeah, the tracer craze annoys me.

It looks cool on night-time maps, but sick of it during the day-time when firing a M16 or something and bam, tracers ahoy hoy.

America's Army 3 really got the combat down for me, if it just wasn't so buggy, I mean I already put in well over 50 hours into it, but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPqSHSRGEZg

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    hmph sniper rifles dont have tracers in bfbc2 gladly :p bur lmg's do have and not sure what else lol :p just played quite a bit today but lol dont remember.

i love bfbc2 and i liked bf2 hopefully bf3 will incorporate the best of bc2 and bf2 :D

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

As long as you can run.... and dive into a prone position then I'm good to go. This is something you can do and do well if practiced in real life battle situations. There also has to be some weapons that are more dominating than others if you learn to use them properly - there has to be a skill advantage that sets players apart...last thing I would want to do is play the game for several months yet get owned by someone that just started that day...but at the same time I do NOT want stats,ranks or any way to gain an advantage by playing time ie: get special items for playing longer etc...

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Stats ruin any game for me. i dont have the time to play 40 hours a week. sometimes i wonder how the game would be like if there were no personal stats at all. only team stats. man that would be great. god damn stats whores everywhere lol

13. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    And what's the rest of the settings ??

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not talking about EA and Dice (although they did ban three or four folk that I managed to catch.) If you are a regular on a server chances are you'll be quite annoyed if a cheat arrives and their is no admin there to ban them and any admin that bans post fact with no evidence is not a very good admin. Get a video drop it at the forums of whoever runs the server and job done. That's how we did it over at TV2 with BF2.

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    everything maxed what i can ingame and HBAO on with dx11. forgot to add resolution hehe 1680x1050. no aa tho i used MLAA it didn't affect performance one bit but looked better. just made text in some other programs and games wtf

16. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    BFBC2 runs pretty smooth, especially compared to how it looks. Personally I prefer to use DX10 mode with no HBAO to ensure that the game really rarely drops below 60fps (playing at 1920x1200; perhaps one can have constant 60fps at max settings with GTX 580)

And please, do something with this smoke/dust and sky glare - it's too overwhelming.

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    NO.. you can NOT rely on server admins... many of which are just kids and don't have the skills to know right from wrong in or out of a damn game. There should be a constantly monitored official location through EA/DICE to send this information into but at the same time the servers that are being operated need to be monitored by EA/DICE as well - all on the same playing field all with the same basic rules of what rules they can and can't apply on players.

18. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    go into the settings and set bloom=false