Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  2. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    they didnt ruin the game, theyre part of the game. Battlefield has always had jets, i dont understand why people complain

3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have no problem with having jets ingame, i didnt say that. however they need to do something to balance them if they're like they are in BF2. Do you enjoy being blown up time after time after time? not much fun for those in tanks and on foot! bet your one of those jet whore abusers aren't you?

4. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    more of a chopper guy, but i played on all fronts. i understand the frustration but i dont understand how people have enough of it to complain. i really didnt find jets to be that much of a problem on foot.

5. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    They are OP but in real life are OP if you are a little infantary or tank on the ground and get high explosive bomb to the face. What I did not like was the anti air emplacements in BF2 sucking as a good piolot could kill you on a turret before you could get a shot off and even when you do evade them with ease. I would like them back but also some ZEUS/Phalanx style AA emplacements which are harder for the air units to effortlessly avoid

6. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't recall getting taken out by a jet much in the 4 years I played BF2.

Choppers were annoying though, sometimes there would be a cocky pilot that would swoop down out of no where just to get a kill.

One memorable moment I had was when a chopper swooped down to kill me and I looked up and quick scoped the pilot..crazy luck shot, but funny as hell at the time.

7. Espair

Espair Active Member

GPU:
    HD4870 1gb@2048x1152
    BC2 is by far my fav FPS, and I heard nothing but good things from BF2. Im definitely looking forward to this :)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    oh BF2 is the daddy! if BF3 takes the good from BF2 and improves on things, it'll be mega!

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Time to get my Aviator shoulder badges out again(spits and polishes the badges):)

10. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Anyone have that wallpaper without text in 1920x1200? Been searching everywhere for it, and my shopping skills aren't good enough to make such a thing on my own.

- PR-0927

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

WTF wasn't it suppose to be a PC exclusive? Seriously...

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The file of the above link no longer exists. This could be for several reasons:

* The uploader deleted the file
    * The file contained illegal contents and was deleted from our servers by our abuse-team.
    * The file is incorrect
    * The server is busy and can not process the request.

13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Those days are long gone with FPS's, would need AMD and Nvidia joining forces to pay EA/Dice for that to happen, and well i don't see that happening anytime soon lol.
    Don't remember them saying it ever would be, unless you meant the Vista/7 only thing.

Actually looking forward to this, BF2 and BFBC2 are the only war based FPS i can put up with, so this should be good, and the lack of DX9/XP is refreshing to see, just strange why its just the Swedes who have the balls to do this:wanker:

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    here you go mate :) http://rapidshare.com/files/446216939/back.jpg

EDIT: Oh I thought you wanted the one I just uploaded :)

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nothing wrong with jets,its like you said, a good pilot will kill alot of players,but there is nothing stopping you going up in a jet after the jet or rounding a good squad up to take him out.

You will always have a better game on any BF game if your on Vent or TS working and communicating,thats how you are meant to get the most from playing.

Just for the record,when we used to play in Team Uzi clan we used to fly as realistic as possible with a wingman protecting your ass and communicating on Vent or TS at all times,on most Jet maps we were unstoppable as a clan especially Wake Island(my all time favourite BF map):)

17. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I did, thanks! I can never get enough wallpapers - I now have 1015 (and counting).

- PR-0927

18. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    the king of FPS's returns.

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Looks awesome. They added Karkand!

[​IMG]

20. DrD0ctor

DrD0ctor Master Guru

GPU:
    graphics unit
    Waiting for Steam pre order. I really want to order it but I couldnt bear not having it on steam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.