Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    More MP action please. And dinosaurs.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    :eyebrows:

Made another preorder today for the "Physical Warfare Pack" LE, even though I allready had one up for the "regular" LE lol, pretty strange to make another LE instead of including the stuff in the old one... :3eyes:

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Shouldn't that pack be in every LE? That's how I understood it. If you pre-order you get the old BF2 map pack DLC and the limited edition gets the physical warfare pack on top.

5. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
  6. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    oh boy...i cant wait for this title..I love Battlefield..True PC game..

i guess im gonna play a round BC2..

cya... ;)

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I understood so myself, but at the online shop where I preorder my stuff, a new LE appeard for preorder and it even has a diffrent cover. Might be a missunderstanding, and the original LE got updated...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    rifle medic and a sniper with exposives who would have thunk it
    dont really like what i am hearing so far but i will maybe get used to it since i dont expect much from games anymore.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/117/1172554p1.html

Classes have also been redesigned in Battlefield 3, giving players new ways to customize their load outs to suit their play style. Riflemen now double as medics, healing players and reviving those who are downed. The Support class is now equipped with a light machinegun and ammo packs, the sniper is a long-range and demolitions expert, and the Engineer is the master of destroying and repairing vehicles. With weapon attachments players can adapt the classes to how they want to play, with Riflemen choosing things like underslung grenade launchers in place of advanced medical equipment, for instance.

The Support class was super important in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 because it could heal, but they're given a new role in Battlefield 3:suppression. Shooting in an enemy's general direction is important in real combat, giving your own team a chance to move and gain position while the enemies are frightened into running for cover. Battlefield 3 takes this into account, and anyone firing a hail of lead near foes – something the Support class is especially good at, much more so with a fancy bi-pod attachment – will suppress the enemy. This not only garners points for the shooter, but dims and shakes the screen of those affected. Shooting to kill is an important role, but shooting to provide actual supporting fire is now emphasized as well.

9. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
  10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    consecutive objectives sucks as5

11. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well i think it becomes to scripted in a game like bf.
    how can your team get a quick revenge win if it cant sweep all my bases in less then 5minutes:)

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Well, I'm more interested in how support was implemented. In theory, it could work, provided you can't load up both a M203 and med-kit. Support seems to be focusing on supressing fire now rather then stright up kills [I assume PKM-sniping is fixed?], so you'll see less people flocking to that kit again...

14. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    W00t TDM ... this game is getting even better. I have a feeling I'll be on TDM and Rush a lot on BF3 lol. I wasn't really a fan of Squad Deathmatch in BFBC2.

Though, I do like the BFBC2 classes more. Assault shouldn't be medic imo.

deltatux

15. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    True enough. I think there should've been more variation in the rush maps in BC 2. Didn't like how they were all the same stupid "destroy two magic boxes". Why always two? Why not one? Or maybe three? Or maybe two different locations on the map that have to be held at the same time in order to advance as attackers?

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes not only "destroy two magic boxes" but from the same way and angles as you must every round.
    not like you have to stay on your toes as to where the enimy attacks from..that gets a online game old fast imho.
    not to mention if you must get to "destroy two magic boxes" at a airport before you can get a plane unlike being there at the start of a round.
    idk for me not really liking any aspect of bc2,bc3 was the last thing i wanted to see.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    This is my next buy.

19. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Can't wait to play this! However, I'm not looking forward to it crushing my system - better start saving for upgrades lol.

20. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    I am not rich, and do not have capped censored internet, but yeah, I pay 89.00 us for a 7 meg connection that has never hits 6 meg so yeah, it's interesting how it goes....................

on topic..............I have pre-ordered as well as I have every BF game made////:banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.