Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i just want a proper bullet registration..do i ask much?

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    And I hope that there will also be a teamleader which can talk to all squad leaders or to all team members.

One of the most important things that makes this game better than CoD is the teamplay.

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I don't know if my rig will have issues too,but that's another reason I got it pre-ordered for my ps3.I'd really like to get it for pc but I want it on the release and able to play it with good graphics(ps3's graphics arnt that bad it just doesn't have the features of AF and AA as well way better performance) not on medium/low setting just to get a good frame rate.So ima have to wait a while after the game is released before I think about spending the money for the pc ver.

4. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    was this game postponed!?i hope not..also i hope AMD releases the damn CPU's already, it's been forever, i wanna be prepared for this game.

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    nah it comes out in November isidore

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Your system can definitely power the game properly. You have quite a powerful DX11 GPU and your CPU's no slouch either. I'd suggest you switch your pre-order if you can.

No. I also checked this with EB Games (a.k.a Gamestop in Canada) when I went to pre-order and they said November.

deltatux

7. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I have to disagree with all of this. Almost always, Xbox 360 and PS3 games are not running the games even maxed out (details), AA and AF aside. Additionally, virtually no games (aside from simple 2D/3D games) even run at 1080p on the consoles - everything is upscaled.

I concur with the other commenter - switch to the PC version. Even if you can't max it out (your rig is very good BTW), you should be able to get it most of the way, and WAY better than what a Xbox 360 or PS3 can do.

Plus, 64-player maps are PC-only.

- PR-0927

8. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Plus DICE said the game will scale well from low end to high end computers, compared with BC2.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I hope it's not too much as that could be the ultimate dealbreaker for a shooter. So far the game looks absolutely great and I hope they put in a great singleplayer and a nicely balanced, working multiplayer.

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, sit a GOOD few meters away from the screen while playing it on ps3 it won't look too bad :)

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    yeah, PLEASE.

if BF3 will be good about BULLET REGISTRATION i will be LOVING DICE again :)

ohh and lets not forget balance issues too as u pointed out. sniping LMGs..FFS :bang:

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. I hope they don't try to make another Crysis-like game which only looks and sounds good but plays horrible.
    BC2 was fun for a while but the shooter part was really lacking, just like the amount of content delivered at release. I really hope they learned their lesson and deliver something worthwhile and working now.

13. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    thanks i'll be switching my pre-order to pc

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    at most you might have to OC your cpu, but your gpu is good. if its anything like BC2 my cards dont even begin to sweat, i can easily run one card and have good performance, and all that extra destruction will be on the cpu i imagine. so your good :)

15. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Crysis plays awesome :3eyes:

...unless you're talking about multiplayer, then yes the MP in Crysis sucked :p

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I meant the SP too. Many missions have their "moments", awesome parts of the game that I like to play again and again. But the thing as a whole? Storyline and such? Not so good. I spent much time with Far Cry, Crysis, Warhead and Crysis 2 but there are huge parts of each game that I couldn't be bothered to play again, let alone remember the complete plot.
    The gameplay itself has its own touch (which I like) but it's also very repetitive. The game I liked the most was the first one, Far Cry.

17. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Let's see if this is true because DICE has a pretty mediocre history in terms of scaling their engines.

deltatux

18. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I think it will be interesting to see the differences between DX11 and DX10/10.1 in this game

DX11 multithreading can be carried over to DX10/10.1 hardware as well, so I hope AMD/Nvidia do the necessary driver work to get it working to its full extent on DX10/10.1 instead of being too cheap to bother

I'm eagerly awaiting the requirements, but I won't be surprised if they want a HD4850 as minimum

19. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If so my GPU will meet that medium unless I can find $$ to upgrade :p

deltatux

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Come on Delta, just splash out $200, you can get a great gpu with that little spending, LITTLE, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.