Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Omg that's just like BF 2 then!!!! AWESOME!!! It's just like BF 2 all over again, AWESOME!!!!
    <even heavier sarcasm>

Personally I'd like new maps in the DLC. Old maps can kiss my ass, they belong in their original games.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Totally agree, but its to make the fanboys buy the game no matter what.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Fanboy or not they are some of the best maps ever designed in any Fps around from a strategic point of view,they are so well designed i dont think they will ever be bettered.

4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    What a stupid way to think.
    I find it highly unlikely that they are the best maps ever in any FPS :rolleyes:

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its my opinion man,its not stupid:)

6. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    My only complaint is that in competition, Gulf of Oman (16) came up ALL THE TIME. I probably won't play it again, because I'm sick and tired of it.

I swear, I've done that map a good thousand times between competition and practice for compeititon. I could do it with my eyes closed...

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah but now you have destruction,no more snipers on top of the high rise hotel on Gulf,im more interested in how these old classic maps work with FB 2.0 more than the new ones,probably cause we dont know what the new ones are yet.

Imagine playing Port Valdez without FB.

8. john2gr

john2gr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX295 1.75GB
  9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)

I thought it was always Zatar Wetlands :p .

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hopefully everything in that pack can be gotten in-game too, with ranking up.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I really can't wait for this game, every trailer and every news that comes out about the game makes me more and more hyped ..... and horny ....

No other games made me feel that way !

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah, it would suck if it's actually exclusive stuff like in brink.

13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I do hope this stuff is unlockable aswell but it states "exclusive" so i recon it won't be, i really hate it when games lock content due to where you buy it, it's not right IMO.

But i wouldn't pre-order it from game/gamestation anyway, i got the game for £17.99 off EADM, no way i'd pay around double that for a few extra guns.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    [​IMG]

The Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack is now available for pre-order exclusively at GAME and gamestation in the UK.

Players can storm the battlefield armed with powerful weapons and items only available in the Physical Warfare Pack including the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for superior firepower and total zone control, the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor that provides increased stealth abilities for Recon soldiers, and the lethal armor-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun. Also included is day one access to the highly versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself.

In addition to the launch day exclusive weapons, the Physical Warfare Pack also includes the Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand digital expansion pack. Players can wage all-out war on four of the most celebrated maps from Battlefield 2, including Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman and the Sharqi Peninsula, all re-created using the power of Frostbite 2. DICE’s state of the art game engine serves as the power center for Battlefield 3.

Confirmed MP features.
    http://ihackmyi.com/forum/index.php?topic=48329.0

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    only in the UK? am i reading that right? if thats the case .... im curently waiting on steam i hope we get the same opertunity! EADM and its limited installs is rediculous so i'm NOT pre-ordering from them. Steam or a physical copy only for me.

16. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    What install limit?, EADM allows you to install on up to 5 difference PCs at once and you can install on them as many times as you like, and at any time you can de-auth a pc to be able to install it on another pc, on top of this you can keep the install file and back it up so you don't need to download again.

God knows how many times i've installed and uninstalled Shift 2 while messing about with the 1.1 patch switching between EADM and retail versions, in the end i selected to keep the install file and backed it up on my external drive.

Things have changed on the EADM and EA limits, think of it like steam, at the start if wasn't great (i hated it) BUT now it's great (i love it).

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  17. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun (Day 1 Access)

So I'm guessing it'll take some unlocking to get this one anyway. Sorta like day one unlock for bfbc2 limited edition. (Like Vehicle Motion Sensor, Armor, Alt Fire, and Thompson and M1911 Day one unlock)

18. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
  19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I know many of you won't care but I'd like to know if you can play in ''offline'' or ''single player'' mode against the bots.

Reason being my internet is slow and playing online/multiplayer will cause me delays and a high ping.

I will buy the game only if it has the option of playing offline with bots like the previous battlefield 2.

20. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    So apparently D2D told me that their pre-orders don't include Back to Karkand DLC which is really disheartening for sure, I really wanted to pre-order the game with the DLC...

deltatux

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.