Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Head's up guys, Direct2Drive once again has another pre-order offer. Pre-order any game on Direct2Drive with the promo code "sizzle" and you get 25% off the order. This includes Battlefield 3!

http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/weekend/

deltatux

2. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i tried to buy brink with this code but it says country restricted. damnit! :(

3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Well, it did say:
    The EU version of Direct2Drive allows orders from Russia...
    http://www.direct2drive.eu/9938/product/Buy-BRINK-Download

... however, it's off-topic since this thread's about Battlefield 3.

deltatux

4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    direct2drive is completely retarded. i tried buying from them yesterday and i couldn't get past the phone authorization thing so i contacted support and sent an email.

then they reply with "we don't allow users with high risk email to purchase products, please provide us with a secure email provided by your service provider".

i replied and havent heard back, **** them.

5. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    really eh? My gmail works lol.

What do you mean "phone authorization"? Never had to go through such a step during the purchase process...

deltatux

6. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yeah, before i can complete my payment, i need to go through a phone authorization thing where they give me a pin and i enter it on the website.

maybe it's because you've bought from them before they implemented this, but it's probably the stupidest thing i have ever seen
    from an online merchant. i wouldn't mind if it actually worked, but im not the only one that has problems with it.

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Must be a very recent thing, i've only been buyng off D2D for about 2 months and have never had that step (thank god).

Got my Brink pre-order in nice and smooth :D

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If anything, i'm thinking of using EA Download Manager, its really starting to grow on me, the GUI is improving all the time, and the fact it lets you register retail keys as DD is a big selling point for me.

The fact i can buy a much cheaper retail version, register it with EA and use their servers to download it when i want is a great feature, i can even legally sell the physical copy on afterwards to disc buying websites.

I love having everythig in Steam, but as things stand i will be shoving this on EA Download Manager in retail form, be it physical copy or purchasing a serial, whichever is cheapest.

9. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I use Paypal, provides me a standardized and easy way to pay for stuff on the Internet lol. I use it for both D2D and Steam lol.

Unless EA Download Manager allows HTTP connection I'm sticking to D2D or to physical distribution, at home I don't have enough bandwidth and my school blocks everything except for the commonly used Internet ports (21, 22, 23, 25, 53, 80, 110, 443, 445, 993, and etc. are opened but everything else is closed)

deltatux

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    where's the damn Steam pre-purchase ... thought forsure it would be available by now.

11. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Get it from EA - it will most likely be more expensive on Steam anyway.

EA DLM ftw

12. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    dont generalize. canada is ALOT bigger then poland so isps can get away arguing that conecting everyone to the net is a huge acomplishment to begin with...

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i had a bad experience with EADM in the past with their limited installs. it was a real pain in the you know what ... so i would rather have it on steam even if that means it costs more.

14. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Maybe Valve won't be doing one until closer to launch? Unlike physical distribution, you're going to get a copy of the game regardless.

deltatux

15. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Wow, d/l caps are crazy in some places. Internet is fairly expensive here [Ireland] but the smallest cap at a decent bandwidth is abotu 250Gb.

I have a 24mbit line, no d/l cap - but it does cost me €54 per month (which includes a stupid line rental I've to pay to the national telecomms company).

You can get up to 100mbit lines here now via cable & fibre.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dublin_Gunner up here in Derry im with Virgin. The throttling policy is ridiculous. If I download 4gb if data between 9am-3pm my bandwidth is throttled by 75% for 5hrs. Between 3-4pm I can download what I want. Between 4-9pm if I download 1.5gb of data I get throttled by 75% for 5hrs. Its a pain in the ass to say the least. I could get a better package but just dont feel like paying the extra. I dont download all that much.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Don't get a better package with VM. They are insanely crap!

I have been with them ever since Blueyonder days and I have had excellent service from them. Ever since, 1mb, free upgrade to 4mb, then 10mb. Then I upgraded my self to 20mb and that was great for a while then they released their new download management policy for fair usage. Which is insane. So I upgraded to 50mb with them saying that their is no download limits or throttling. What they did not tell me was that they were completely over subscribing in the area I live and now the internet during anytime of the day is a complete joke. Pingtest.net has given me 89% packet loss!!! 400ping/800 jitter!!!! Playing games is out of the question, downloading a simply 15mb file from filehippo was going to take 26 hours the other day. I have been on the phone to them for the past two months now trying to get them to sort this out. But instead they keep telling me it will be fixed by June 8th!!! I was sold 50mb back in Feb!!!! I can only get good speeds at stupid times in the morning. Believe me, boycott them, they are a waste of space!

BE broadband here I come!

PS/ Sorry to go off topic :p

18. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Bloody hell lads. Makes broadband in Ireland here seem like heaven. Don't know how they (ISPs) can get away with that. Regulator not doing its job there.

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya know dought. i'm just hoping the steam version has the BF2 maps included for free too ... dont want to pay extra for them ;)

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I have Virgin media since Blueyonder days,im on a 12 meg download and i get no problems tbh.

30,50,80,90,100,500,10000 meg download speeds are all a waste of money cause there all capped from 9am to 9pm,sometimes even later than that,waste of money tbh.

if i could get lower than a 10/12 meg download speed i would but they dont do one:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.