Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Mkil: Uuh.... not to point out the obvious, but Ground War on PS3 with 18 players in pretty much ANY map in the game so far makes them seem a bit cramped. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with "more than half" the players.

And i love how people still call it auto-aim. It's more like "aim assist". It's not a f*cking aimbot. And last time i checked, it can quite easily be turned off, or toned down.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    After using the IRNV scope I think it needs to be removed from the game. It takes away your sense of hiding or finding a good spot when you are capturing a flag. You can just sit in one place and accumulate so many kills.
    You can see people from distance running or hiding. I think it breaks the game.

3. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Agreed. It would've been much better if it was something like the soflam, a deployable thermal cam.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    What I meant by my statement is there are some elements of the graphics which feel like they've been held back just a little, as a result of the switch of concentration to consoles. Since the processing capability of PC's is getting greater all the time (and consoles are stagnant) I'm just a little concerned (not quite the right word...) that BF4 may be lesser than what it could be.

Consider the performance capbility of a good computer in six months time. Ivy Bridge CPU, a HD7950/HD7970/GTX 680 GPU on a PCI-E 3.0 slot, at least 8GB RAM (say, DDR-2133), overclocked of course! and compare that to the processing capability of an Xbox and PS3. Then, compare the graphics taking into account the different in processing capability. Even know, consider the different between an i5-2500K, HD6950/6970 or GTX 570/580, and Xbox/PS3, and the difference in graphics. Sure, it looks better on PC, but does it truly represents the difference in capability between the different platforms? Remember on a PC, if your spec is lower you can have numerous settings to reduce the graphical strain. In a lot of cases I feel these graphical elements are often over-processed to achieve results, instead of being an ultra-high quality base to start with and working down from there (hope that makes sense).

In any case, having graphics and gameplay that utilises the PC's cability properly is not only a win for PC gamers, but for console gamers as well, since it means they have to strive to produce new and exciting consoles instead of (analogy time) selling the consumers 2 day old bread and still charging them the same.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes the thing is i dontr know how there going to alter it,i think they should just take it out altogether.

Also the Netcode is horrible, still being killed even a good second after being behind cover, yesterday I had just got in a tank and died form a sniper shot, says it all.

The maps are linear and clustered compared to previous battlefields making the game get old and boring rather quickly, 5 flags crammed in the middle of a map is not battlefield especially on so called air maps. Gameplay is dumbed down to keep the meat grinder fans happy, COD players I'm LOOKING AT YOU.

BF3 is a bit of a meat grinder type game, those after tactical and somewhat in-depth gameplay will be badly disappointed especially BF2/2142 fans as the squad leader advanced commands are not in and squad management is an absolute joke. The lack of a functioning commo-rose, a decent mini map and in game VOIP makes getting team play going on pub servers rather difficult. All these things were perfectly implemented in BF2/2142 so why are they not in PC BF3?

Where is spectator mode, it's good to learn how others play and it can help determine if someone is cheating.

I'm basically grinding out hours to try out the unlocks. I'm bored of the game already mainly because of the awful map design and poor vehicle/aircraft combat, I've seen it all in terms of the maps it's basically running around in small circles capping flags, herp derp.

Now It's not all doom and gloom as I must say the back to karkand trailer looked impressive and they have actually burst the 5 flag limit on BF3 maps, so up to 7 flags on B2K maps.

Its basically BC2 in a fancy frock,take away the fancy graphics and BF2 is still a better game.

BF3 best FPS ever on PC, *not by a long shot*, on console it is maybe.

Will i still play it?Yes cause i have nothing else really to play and most of my friends are playing it,although it coulda been so so much more,without the Karkand DLC BF3 is fail,i kinda knew this would happen anyhow,it was simply too good to be true,Patrick Bach saying in interviews that its been developed ground up on the PC and there giving back to the PC gaming community...yeah right,complete load of bollocks tbh.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    What i feel vet

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    I love to play CoD but this is really boring. The maps are bland, most matches are just like the one before, not cutting it for me.
    It almost seems as if everyone else was just playing to jaratee others off... even the teammates with their stupid flashlights.
    I don't really know what they tried to do here but it doesn't feel right.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It has to be said,it is what it is and what i said "is what it is"FACT mate:)

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That sounds more like future proofing than making full use of the current hardware, that way is never popular.

This game fully stresses even the best hardware available today, and is the best looking game with it, if it took one step further many PC gamers would call it unoptimised, and low/mid range systems would be unable to even play the game smoothly.

As for BF4, that is way off, and new consoles will be out by the time that arrives.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Man so much negativity here ;_; I'm enjoying the game a lot, it needs balancing and more maps badly, but the 2nd patch is in the works and is bringing some good changes and we have the epic bf2 maps coming next month so yeah lots of fun to come.

11. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I bit the bullet and ended up getting BF3 anyway. :p
    Have to say It runs much better than I expected.
    I'm running at 1920x1080 with everything maxed except the fancier Anti-aliasing which is turned off, and everything is like silky smooth even on just a mere GTX470.

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    You still havent posted a link with this "patch".

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Sorry all info is either from developers twitters or chats with them.

14. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
  15. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    That's the point, it needs lots of balancing and more content. I'm playing this with a bunch of friends right now and they're cussing and raging like mad all the time. Games should be fun I thought and unlocks should be rewarding, not some sort of "once I get this I won't have underpowered equipment anymore".

Do you know anything about changes to the netcode? It's simply frustrating.

17. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
  18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    agreed! having a lot of fun even if i dont "own" on the servers.

worst is when a hacker comes along and blatantly gets 100kills with an aimbot...really sad.

(only seen one guy though so far...and he wont be around for long i hope). ((his names masterkill so report him if you see him doing it).

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    3 main things that piss me off:

Mortars - Their efficiency doesn't need a nerf, but they need a bullet cap instead of infinite bullets.

Infrared scopes - It turns me into a God and so it does for others.

Flashlights...

Good thing some of them are getting nerfed.

20. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    .... what's the difference really if you have a bunch of idiots camping with an ammo pack spamming the sh*t out of RPG's, or someone hiding in a bush lobbing a mortar every now and then with vague accuracy? I'd kinda RATHER have the infinite mortars than the ammo packs, honestly. Thought it was funny the one round though... was using mortars, and an enemy ran up into the bush that was in front of me and went prone, apparently for some reason thinking i might not see him. Got off the mortar, and put a few rounds in his face. that'll teach him.

Meh... don't know what i'm getting all rant-y about for.... especially seeing as EA apparently DOES have a heart. Just got an e-mail saying i can expect my refund in 2-3 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.