Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    I've found the game to run just fine on what I have, no issues at all. Can't wait until the Back to Karkand DLC comes out. Anyone know what the other two maps are after Karkand and Oman? I'd like to see a few others converted too like Highway Tampa, FuShe Pass, Dragon Valley and Daqing Oil Fields. Sharqi would be good too.

Edit: It looks like the 4 maps are Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula and Mashtuur City. I could be wrong though.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    the night vision scope and flash lights are both been nerfed in the next patch also jeeps are getting horns lol beep beep! a tone of other fixes and balancing also.

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Do you have a link bro?

4. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

finally someone with some sense :)

the maps are Wake island, Stike at Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula and Gulf of Oman.

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/

5. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Is there a hack or a way to turn off the crosshairs.....they suck!!!

Why do they not give you an option for it?

When you aim you get crosshairs so you don't need them while running!

So unrealistic!

6. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    good i hate getting flash light in the face so lame. YES!! BEEP BEEP :roll:
    when is the patch coming out?

7. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I just can't play this game anymore. I can't take the constant mortar spam and explosive shotgun rounds anymore. Do they even think about balance when they make these games anymore?

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Uuh... in regards to the dude that said that the night vision scope should make targets glow green rather than orange, like a real night vision scope would.... uuh.... a "real" night vision scope... makes EVERYTHING glow green. It's basically because it's a hybrid night vision/thermal scope that they glow green yet you can see in the dark. Although i think it's more a thermal than a night vision than a thermal, since thermal scopes aren't affected by smoke and the like... and the fact that the flashlight is still blinding as f*ck.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Have they ever thought about it in the past? I never understood how they kept balancing the game with every patch and made drastic changes along the way. It's hard to understand why they never stick to their original decisions.

Btw., has anyone had their accounts suspended or the Battlefield key revoked lately? It seems like EA started to track back keys from foreign resellers and suspend them.

10. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Challenge!

If anyone believe's that they know the way of the Warrior better than me ..... then my online ID is g3_sniper. :vader:

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  12. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/11/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand-map-pack-detailed/

I saw a mosque that looked an awful lot like the one in Mashtuur City but it appears I'm wrong. It will be Karkand, Oman, Wake and Sharqi. Remember the construction site on Sharqi? Good times.:)

I understand where you're coming from with this. If you remember when BF2 first started, it was pretty much the same way until people got their roles sorted out. I've ran into a few servers where there is a lot of teamwork going on. I'd like to see them add the commander back too but it's not that important to me.

13. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    They help with spotting.

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    As I've explained before: Only sniper rifles are affected by bullet drop. Thats why so many weapons can be used to snipe halfway across the map [PKM sniping, etc]

15. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    To be fair, if all the guns are balenced, whats teh point of unlocks? Some guns will be better then others. Run into a guy with a shotty? Kill him at range. Simple.

Lets see what the patch adjusts. I took until BF2 1.41 to really balence the game, and even then, the PKM was still overpowered. It should take dice faster then three years to balence the game somewhat this go around...

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    That is a blatant lie. Every bullet drops and takes time to reach the target, how the hell did you reach your conclusion that "only sniper rifles are affected by bullet drop"? This is probably why so many people suck at anti air duty -_-

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  18. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    dude im in the same boat, i rage quited last night for the first time in ages. im just getting sick of shooting people for an hour for them to casualy turn around have a little stretch and a yawn then shoot me once with a paperclip and rubber band to kill me. is punkbuster on holiday?

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Do you have a source on that please?Would like to see it....
    Yeah i thought it was mashtuur city also when i first seen it as it resembles that more with the mosque,yes i do remember sharqi,one of my all time favourite maps,holding the construction site was tough as you could be attacked from 4 different locations( i remember getting my expert knife badge here in BF2 requiring 18 knife kills in 1 round,no easy feat),one map that i really woulda loved to have seen in BF3 was Dragon Valley,that map is epic just as good as any in the karkand dlc.I hope they release somemore bf2 maps in future dlc.

20. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    From 5 years of semi-pro BF2 compeititon. A single shot from any non-sniper gun will go exactly down the center of the crosshairs. Thats the primary reason why so many people chose the PKM as their gun in BF2: Because it was powerful and had a very quick reset back to center after a single shot.

Now, there IS transit time in BF games, and that does need to be taken into effect. But I say again: Only sniper rifles suffer from bullet drop. And I have seen nothing in BF3 to convince me that bullet behavior is any different then it was in BF2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.