Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    ahh yes , its also a server side issue..well, i believe today servers that can run 128 people exist but maybe costly??

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well yeah, a good server for 24 people costs like 30$, multiple that to 128...you're paying over 100$ a month for a server!

Sure, donations, but still, that's 1200$ a year on a server!

3. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    BF3 needs more air space for fast dog fighting, flying planes in BF2 was pretty turd really as it was like flying in a fishtank.

i hope they carry on the commander position from BF2 aswell but with more advanced controls available :)

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I reckon it will be around 80 players on the pc and 24-32 on console.
    Remember DICE said that the PC version is getting a little extra special treatment as its the orignator of BF series,i really do think they will deliver on the pc version being somewhat different in features to the consoles ie: Pc version having more features!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah the commander was cool,so much better than the shoddy and lame UAV of bc2,nice try though uav was but only really works on hardcore,the q spotting also they should get rid of as standard and friendly fire standard just like it was in bf2.

6. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    MAG? That game is horrible.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    its not about the game man..its about the numbers :)

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    if the game is horrible though then nobody will want to play/support it no matter how many numbers you have,people will only play it for novelty because of the high numbers,but novelty wears off pretty fast,you are then left with a dieing game.

"Quality not Quantity" is the key,get the Quality right and Quantity can follow:)

9. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Veteran, you and me agree on many things, and this one is just another to add to the pile! I logged almost 3000 hours in BF2, freakin' loved the game. I have no problem waiting for a game, I have no problem with said game being developed for the consoles as well. I'll only have a problem if the QUALITY is skimped on because of the consoles.

And yes, I was kind of a jet whore.....bigger maps would be cool, but only if the player count is above 64. Can't have everyone so spread out that it makes it difficult to carpet bomb half the enemy team, now can we? Hehehe, just kidding. :tomcat:

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah man,nothing can beat the feeling of taking of in a J10 on Wake Island,the enemy team has been pushed back to there spawn point on the carrier,all allied forces are either at South base or North village,the enemy team are spawning on the carrier all trying to grab either the attack chopper,F35 attack fighters or Blackhawk,they dont realise the J10 is approaching fast...it streams along the deck with heavy carpet bomb.....BooooooM!!!

All you hear is crys from the other team "no base rape,no base rape"....

At the same time the commander on the allied team is sending artillery in on the carrier pounding the **** out of it,racking up many kills and points....the crys continue from the other team to ease up as there getting seriously owned....the J10 returns after reloading to repeat again......BooooooM!!

A blackhawk manages to take off from the carrier and deploy troops at south base, just before it is blown out of the sky by 2 very skilled Anti tank personnel(no noob gustavs here)the allied team are hot onto the deployed troops with 1 tank and many troops sent to south base....another tank is on its way from the airfield....the deployed troops from the blackhawk dont last too long once the commander spots there positions from the satelite map that he has available to him.They are surrounded and shot by soldiers and tanks.
    they respawn on the carrier to try again.

There are only 5 tickets left and many people are already saying "gg" or "u suck guys".

Game ends.

To me this is why i love bf2 so much,its simply a work of art,i doubt people will never stop playing it,even if BF3 is 50 times better.

I think DICE have there work cut out but i just hope it can be as good as BF2 and provide some awesome experiences like the one above,believe me i was on the recieving end alot,it was not always win,but that was the great thing even when you lost, the games were epic and you didnt care about losing.

i hope DICE dont dissapoint.

Really life Wake Island
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Island

For people who do not know when BF1942 came out in beta there was one map,the only map, which was Wake Island,this map was so popular there were clans fighting it out just in its beta form.The map was so popular in 1942 that it was ported over to BF2,i think we may get some classic maps in BF3 also like Wake Island and possibly the most famous of all Karkand.

Bc2 maps are lame in comparison to many BF2 maps,they simply are not designed as well.

If there is one game that my wife hates its BF2,she said that was the one game i could never get your attention away from,she wont be too happy when i tell her BF3 will be here soon:)

Anyhow im off to bed:)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

11. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    yah pritty much, destruction is something I need though.

I would also like more customizable kits, not oped stuff or added perks with damage n all that junk that nobody needs unless others have it. But like ****loads of weapons, silencers, diff attachments, uniforms, boots, sunglasses..camo paints..

I mean its the small things that does it for me ontop of having a solid gameplay, balanced well thought out maps with a few chokes not like in BC2 where the maps basically takes place IN the bottleneck lol..

I mean would be awesome to load out bf3 as a sniper using a sig commando but with a lenghted barrell, x24 sights, bibod and silencer.

But also be able to use a shor barrelled commando on assault, smack on a drum mag and handles and go to town with that using rds/iron/acog. I want tweakability out of BF3 something it lacked in Bc2.

Great maps, great vechiles, great enviroments ( artic maps, desert, forrest, hilly, flat, rocky etc )

Will most likely end up dissapointed since EA is still at the helm, cant forget that.

12. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    The game may be bad but the fact that it can achieve 256 players on a map with decent quality is amazing.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Veteran you are what is wrong with the modern gamer. :p

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    u totally got me wrong..

we talk about NUMBERS OF PEOPLE THAT CAN PLAY ONLINE ON A PC GAME..

Dont think PC gaming deserves high numbers of people? as MAG is aproof of 256 people server..that was the issue i try to talk about.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    LoLs:)

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes the game has 256 people or 2056 people it does not matter if the game is a poor game,people will stop playing it once the novelty wears off,so even though its great that the numbers are 256 the game has to be good for it to really make an impact on the gaming community.

Good games are like a bottle of wine...."They mature with age":)

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    yeah but nowadays, the wine doesnt mature enough, and leaves you with a sour aftertaste :)

18. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Just been playin some Vanilla BF2 today, after many months of BC2.

Oh it was like a breath of fresh air.

Another +1 for BF3 to be like it, but updated GFX.
    Its a beautifull game.

Hope EA dont listen to all the nerdy whiny moaners who complained so much about everything that was good in BF2, which lead to us getting shafted with a much watered down game like BC2 and watered down weapons, vehicles etc etc.

But the planes are too powerful..
    No s**t thats what jet planes do, blow s**t up

But the chopper is too powerful
    No s**t, its designed to kill tanks, not visa versa (a la BC2)

But the mini gun on the blackhawk is too powefull
    No S**t, its designed to decimate areas

I dont mind being smashed 10 times by a jet, cos i know i'll have my turn soon !!!! Its swings and round-a-bouts.
    To much balancing takes away some of the fun.

Dear haters and moaners,

Go away and play lego star wars or WoW or something.
    Let BF3 be what it should...... a sequel to BF2

Yours faithfully
    BF2 fan

P.s cant wait to get ripped a new one by your responses :)

19. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I never understood the whines about the vehicles in BF2. The only time they were 'annoying' are when they raped the base but then again, that only happened because the teams were stacked or the players were good.... just like what can happen in CoD or BC2!
    I loved the rush of trying to be 'stealthy' and avoid all the air attack.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    O yes, you won't find any other game in history with more haters/crybabies/omg op/omg nerf with every single patch than in WoW... trust me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.