Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    ill join in a bit

2. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Without saying i agree or not with him, but there's allways some unbalance at start, specially if the peoples you shoot have allready unlocked the damage reduction ( FLAK, EOD etc ) .. then some weapons are allways better of some, and with additional accessories, let say if you don't have them, your chance decrease vs someone who have them. ( laser sight, scope etc who increase the accuracy + your " view )

Rocket are ok for me, (need 3, 2 if you hit the tank in the back ) i have rarely not be able to destroy a tank, you are rarely the only one to shoot at him, ( + mine is a one shot anyway ).

There's surely a lot to fix, but if the class change was looking a bad idea at first, on the end it look not so bad..

a Map as Metro in conquest is dumbed by the position of "B"... the team who are upper the stairs, win 100% ( untill they are really noob ). they need to add a 4th zone to conquers on the lower side, this will force the upper team to go down, as for the "lower team " ( the one who come from the tunnel ) to go up the stairs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah I am feeling the same way right now. I enjoy the game for a map or so then I realize how stupid 70% of my team is and it just kinda pisses me off.

I mean holy ****. You see a tank blowing the crap out of our team but they just go prone and hide till someone else deals with it, even after they die.

At least when I played COD if my team was full of tards I could still kick ass. Not so much in BF3. Hopefully as time goes by the idiots will be weeded out.

4. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    The mortars are really OP though. They wouldn't be if you wouldn't show up on the minimap when you fire your gun...

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    On the 8th of November many will be gone.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    +1.

Battlefield 3 is very well optimized for PC and it has the best visuals.

Battlefield 3 is a true PC GAME.

That's why it sold so well.

We need PC games, like BF3.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Is it me or does it seem that the aircraft and ground warfare aspects are totally separate. What I mean is in BF2 I would jump in an aircraft and then fly to the enemies captured points, strafe the ground with fire to pin or kill enemy troops then fly back to reload, all the while keeping an eye out for other enemy aircraft and choppers.

In this game you take off and then spend most of the time flying round trying to avoid AA or trying to take out other aircraft with ground attack at flag points seeming almost totally ineffectual oh and RUSH in this game sucks the big one.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    In the heli I always go for tanks and get the gunner to go for infantry while we cap points, also flying up high to fire at jets is fun :)

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    do you play with m +kb only when flying ?

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I would say bf2 took more then just a few patch's cause dice wasn't getting things right..

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    yes mouse and kb for everything :)

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    wow, its really unplayable for me then lol , i really need to get a joystick. tried the xbox360 controller, but it wasnt all that tbh.

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Two words: Jihad Jeep. BF2 had its share of quirks as well, and at times was horrendously unbalenced. [Remember how long the PKM was far and away the best gun in the game?] BF3 feels, on the whole, a LOT more balenced then BF2 was at launch. My only major gripe is that AT is underpowered.

A lot of the design choices were made in regards to BF2, hence why Jets/Choppers were so weak at start, and Jets at least are already getting a buff. And I note: I haven't been killed by a single M203 yet, which is an improvement. Even AT rockets have VERY limited damage spread, so they aren't effective as true "noob tubes".

As for "vehicle disabled", my only grip is with an engineer, it means nothing. Wish a disabled vehicle would need to be repaired to 100% before it is un-disabled or something...

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    true.

15. Mythstery

Mythstery Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 classified
    Is it just me or is anyone else tired of getting spawned right in the middle of crossfire on a smaller map and getting spawned at the furthest away from any action on a larger map. I have spent more time running to the action or dying in the action then i have actually playing?

starting off lvls 1-5 sucked. I could pump a whole clip into someone and get an assist but be shot from someone across the map and be dead in one shot.

the other thing that pisses me off is whats up with sniper rifles.. 4 shots to kill someone.

this stuff may have been addressed in this thread but i dont have the time to read 270 pages lol

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    They should **** the disabled vehicle bull**** off,or atleast lower it to 25% instead of 50% as the vehicle is useless once disabled and a sitting duck, 1 rpg with high explosive perk could probably disable it in 1 shot,reload for the second and your dead.

BF2 had its problems with regards to connections and such and PB being a nightmare and dolphin diving from standup to prone while firing but i dont even remember the game being as unbalanced as BF3 from the start,the gameplay generally regarding maps,classes,guns,what you could do and couldnt do was generally alot more balanced than what BF3 was,i had the game from the 2nd day after its release and this is what i remember off the top of my head.BF3 atm is hybrid between Cod and Bc2,with alittle bit of BF2 thrown in(hold on i thought this was the successor to BF2 lol there should be loads of features from BF2 that *work and play like BF2*)theres hardly anything that makes it feel like BF2 apart from some conquest maps Caspain,kharg and canals, and the Jets,even with all these it just dont gel well together like it should,i hope they fix what needs to be fixed.

I guess we will have to wait and see what future patches bring..roll on the karkand dlc where we can get back to some *proper* conquest maps.

Once youve unlocked one Gun and all its addons there all the bloody same,what happened to having a few good decent guns without fancy unlocks on ALL OF THEM,all unique and balanced in a way that they all are good in there own way respectively..."Quality over Quantity" ill take anyday of the week.

Anyhow ranting over,sorry but it has to be said:)

17. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    So you think full auto should triumf over burst and aiming, ok cool story bro.

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    well in RL, if you have the foregrip attachment, you can control the muzzle drift somewhat when your firing full auto. but this game takes it to another level lol.

19. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Thing is it feels like it is so many things with the design choices, not talking bugs and such but pure philosofy.

If a dev make a game where full auto is supposed to beat aim + spray then there is nothing you can say to change that fact.

The spray noobs love it they dont have to aim, just get handlebar, IRNV sight, laser pointer and go spray ppl down.

Also killed behind corners and such is back due to the high rof on weapons, much higher then in bc2.

Really feels like playing CoD MW1 on hardcore wich I never was a fan of, how anyone could have complained about BC2 HC with this inplace is beyond me, ttk is much higher in bf3 SC then bc2 HC.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Long loading times and sometimes client stutters in games (vram?). My only complains so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.