Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, just had another round, no problem... looks like it's nothing to do with ports. it's just that the servers are iffy atm... one minute it works, next not.

2. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Is anyone having an issues actually joining a server? Game manager loads when i pick a server to play on but sometimes continually loads? and sometimes it joins and says playing but BF3 doesn't launch? I just actually joined a server after trying numerous attempts it worked fine up until today.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    seems to be pretty borked tonight... still get a round or two every now and then. I suck though lol

4. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    I doubt people who can't even activate their game will get on tonight. All those thousands of people with the same issue...

Back to FIFA 12 for tonight then :/

sorry, *will not get on tonight

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Precisely!

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    just got booted off a server, then a window in orgin popped up. said something about activation issues. tried to log back on to a server and couldnt. hopefully they get this sorted pretty soon.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Im playing fine at the moment im on a eu server people are more than welcome to join.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    cant do anything. its probably on my end, but every server i try to join, even the european one say unable to join.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm re-installing the game and will be online in a bit. Requested a few of you from the G3D platoon as friends. just don't laugh at me when I suck online!!!

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I havent played sp but the missile lockon is how i explained it to be,its unrealistic and theres no point in having it because by the time you have a new lock the enemy has a new charge to release flares so its pointless tbh as its *impossible* to shoot them down with missiles,they should either fix how it should be or remove air to air missiles altogether in a future patch.The skill in flying is not in firing missiles its knowing what maneuver to pull off wether in a defensive or offensive position.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Have you disabled your router firewall and also enabled pnp within the router?

If that fails try setting your router to static IP instead of dynamic IP,this has helped me in the past with the odd game.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I couldn't get the ports forwarded mate but the game still worked for a few rounds, then stopped working... looks like a lot of people are having kicks tonight. so I think it's the servers themselves rather than my settings. I'll check pnp now.

oh and yes, I disabled the router firewall.

EDIT: UPnP was already enabled :)

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes comodo needs to be set on game mode

No disrepect to ya mate with regards to where you say you worked but Radar works differently to Infrared,Infrared is fire and forget,Radar is not hence having to keep the HUD on the target at all times until missile either hits its target/chaff or burns out.What you talk about is within regards to radar guided and not Infrared guided which locks on to the planes heat signature hence fire and forget.

In BF3 there IR guided(hence flares) and IR guided missiles do not need to be locked on again once you have alock-on tone.

Ive been a fan of flightsims since Digital Integrations Fighter Pilot(Zx spectrum 1983) and ive played almost all the best flight sims indepth from then till present day and i aint talking about **** like Hawx im talking proper.

I dont know if you have played Falcon 4,BMS,Red Viper or A10 DCS but i can tell you this...all modern day jets have a permanent lock-on tone onto the aircraft permanently while the aircraft is still in the HUD(Head up display).

These games are designed to be as close to the real thing as possible.

Also other members have also commented, has said exactly as i have,go over to SIMHQ forum and they will tell you the same regarding lock-on,at the end of the day its wrong for it to be like it is in BF3 as its impossible to shoot anybody down with missiles.

If it was like this in reallife then NOBODY would ever get shot down with Air to Air missiles would they?

Also using the cannon in realife against another jet is totally unrealistic since the days of onboard radar probably 100% of all kills are made long before the enemy even gets sighted visually.

Nowadays its done over long range,you will never see a Modern day Jet dogfighting and shooting down another with a cannon,this only happened in the days of WW1 and WW2.Once onboard radar was invented this way of fighting was a thing of the past.:)

14. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I'm getting kicked by admins on every single server I join now ever since about 30 minutes ago.

None of my router/firewall settings have changed, so I can only wonder wtf is happening to me?

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it is mind blowing. instant classic visuals/sound wise.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it's a bit inconsistent tonight... give it a go in a bit. it's not you, it's the servers.

17. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    Home Cinema mode has the least amount of dynamic range compression.

18. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    1) ever hear of the AMRAAM? It's fire and forget. Basically it works like this... you lock on via radar, then fire the missile at which point the missile has a guidence system internally that keeps following the last target you pointed it at. It can be disrupted though and lose lock. However, you are free to fire and then evade.

2) Dogfighting can happen IRL. That's why they train for it. Ever hear of Top Gun school? It was started in the Vietnam war era because the pilots became dependent upon missiles and lost the skills they had in Korea and WWII. The aircraft of the time didn't even have a cannon because they believed they would just shoot missiles from miles out and never get close. They were wrong. The aircraft flown against the US pilots in Vietnam, especially the Mig-17 were extremely manuverable and they were being pretty much owned by them because they got in close to use guns. Missiles were pretty unreliable overall. This even prompted McDonnel Douglass to install a cannon in the F-4 in later variants.

Just admit the truth. They made the jets unrealistic because it would be no fun at all to shoot everyone down from 30miles out.

19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Origin is running dead slow tonight, total overload.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    yup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.