Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    pbsec.htm in here "G:\Origin\Battlefield 3\pb\htm"

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ok. will give it a try.

3. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I think you put it in the htm folder and replace the old pbsec.htm thats already in there

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    NO you don't!

not the file I linked.

this is where people are going wrong, the htm file is for the updates themself, the file I linked go in the pb folder its a key to get the updates, it should look like this.

[​IMG]

5. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

During cutscenes I get issues with audio looping, etc. For example I will hear the same phrase being said 2-3 times on top of each other. It only happens during campaign cutscenes......

Does anyone else get this and is there a fix to it?

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I just unlocked the PP2000 gun and noticed something right off the bat. It isn't fast like it was in BC2. The rate of fire is nowhere near as fast as BC2. I also have fallen in love with this game now. After you start to unlock stuff it really adds to the game. Now I can use optics on a tank and zoom in 3X which makes kills so much better. I went 16/1 with tank using optics. I also have auto repair on tanks now as a gadget. It only repairs minor damage and will not repair if you are critical. The explosions are really good now for some reason. It bothered me before but now it is amazing. I can't pin-point it but it just sounds and looks real to me. I guess it is on certain maps? The onluck I really want is the tank MG add-on. Soon as I get that look out! Right now I am level 8 and counting.

I love the fact that they made it that you can disable tanks tracks in this game. It reminds me of RO in the fact that if you hit the tracks the tanks can't move anymore. Nice touch Dice!!

7. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Having some issues launching BF3. Installed the game form both discs as instructed to. When I went to launch the game via Origin I get the release date check, and obviously it fails. (I'm UK btw).

My mate sent me the instructions to change the proxy, which I did, it then comes up with the release date check again, it takes a little longer but I get an 'Activation' box come up where it says you need to activate your copy of BF3. You click ok and then it just shows the box but with a loading icon in the centre, and nothings happening. If I cancel it says you will not be able to launch BF3 until product is activated.

Anyone had this issue?

8. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    1) what audio setting do you guys recommend for 5.1 system
    2) should I use triple buffering with d3doverrider or in game but how?

9. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Just wait till tomorow and call it a day problem free!

10. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I am using hi-fi enhanced mode. Sounds fantastic even switching to headphones! You only need to use tripple buffering if you disable vsinc and have issues. I don;t have any issues and I don;t use tripple buffer either.

11. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    Do you know difficult that will be! Lol, been waiting all day to get in from work and play as my copy arrived in the post this morning. Thing is, my mate had no problems with the release date check and he lives down the road. Strange..

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sorry about the foul language but...

that ****ing worked!!! cheers mate! just had a round on caspian border, worked great! I swear I tried this fix earlier but it didn't work...

PS: is it just me or does the game look incredible? Caspian looks better than in the beta... or maybe I'm just seeing things... happy, sooooo happy!!!

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I can tell you, you will be blown away by this game. It is one of the first games that makes you go "wow!" SOme maps are better then others but overall the game simply rocks and makes you feel like you are really in a war! Tracers everywhere big ass explosions and blood spots here and there. There needs a few ballence changes and there are a few annoying bugs but nothing to cry aobut really. As soon as you start to unlock things the game takes on a new life. You get better gadgets to add on and that really makes a difference. You can also pick different camo to wear when you reach certain levels.

14. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    have the same problem right now too, today i installed and played the game on my Notebook at Work in lunchtime and just finished patching on my mainrig and get the activation issue too.

15. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Triple buffering does not work in any game if you turn off VSync.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928593

16. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    correct ! + Im using 5.1 speaker system why in the world should I use stereo enhance or headphones?. some say HI-FI is better but dont know.. need to test.

17. timSR3

timSR3 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 480
    I think Origin is taking a battering. Think, whole of europe will be doing the same thing tonight and tomorrow. That's my guess anyway..

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah you would have thought. has there been a day 1 patch or i guess its happened and i missed it whilst playing fifa12...?

still havent figured out why bfbc2 appeared in my account suddelnly. i own it on steam. origin cant check if you have the game surely and then add it for you without your consent (it aint downloaded)?

19. Scerate

Scerate Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    yep but i'm patient just playing some Dungeon Defenders instead :nerd:

have bfbc2 too now, but it is a new one cause i own the Limited Edition without Steam/Origin and the Serial from the free one is different of course

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    guys, I'm sure you will be able to play tonight. BF3 will have more users tonight than Facebook!!!!!

BTW, the game looks absolutelly epic! I'm lost for words. pure genius!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.