Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    My BFBC2 W/L ratio is right at 1.96 right now and slowing rising. 2:1. I doubt that's luck. That's me now good enough that I often spawn in on a losing team and help them turn it around into a win. If I spawn in on a team obviously dominating, I'll often switch sides to help them turn it around. It's a nice challenge.

To each his own, but what I can't stand is seeing a player with great K/D but they do nothing to help with the objectives and their team is actually losing. They'll arrive at a capture point, kill some enemies, and instead of staying to help cap the flag, they run off to find more kills. I hate that. Yeah, great that you have 33 kills and 9 deaths. How about helping cap a flag? Or staying to drop some ammo before running off?

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    will try it now and post back

3. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    LOL. If you visit some of the BF3 forums, I think the bigger complaint is that the AA missiles need nerfed. Some guys on the ground think it's too hard to take out the air vehicles. But it seems most guys in the sky think AA is too easy.

The current behavior isn't all that much different from BFBC2, so I doubt they'll change it. The most is they'd probably make locking acquisition quicker.

EDIT: Oops, never mind. I now realize you were talking about air-to-air. Not SAMs.

4. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    i have to say.. i dont miss the helicopters of doom while playin on wake island back in BF2.. one chopper could rule the map

5. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    so yesterday i downloaded the game and entered the cd key in origin
    now when i wanna play(game unlocked today) origin keeps telling that the game cant be played until my key is activated.
    but now the damn game is stuck on activation

6. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    The only time I used the proxy was when I had to pass the release date check after installing the game.
    I then got rid of it

I was playing fine this morning and now this afternoon i cant play more than 2 mins per server, get kicKed by admin.
    I set commodo to "learn mode" for the day.

All my ports are forwarded for the game to connect

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    same here and its starting to chap my ass. i cant play but for a few mins then i get kicked. now if i join a non punkbuster server, im good to go. but i dont want to play on those.

8. So Sick

So Sick Member

GPU:
    twinfrII HD6950 1000/1475
    Core i5 750 3.9 ghz with a twin frozr HD6950 2GB 1000/1475 @77c,
    triple monitor portrait resolution 3500x1920 bezel compensated
    4x high MSAA @1800mb framebuffer
    Everything manually set to ultra except for hbao (I believe thats not the highgest setting).
    23-30 Frames Per Second
    mohhhhh these graphics in so much pixels is just an overwhelming experience. The fps is at minumum but it flows (doesn't mean it responds always as it should but still..)

I always used to have nvidia and wanted it this time too but nvidia didn't want me and my high end needs...triple display gaming on 1 card forced me to to the reds and I must say this generation cards ends up to be a technical k.o. for the reds in the end...the bf3 textures are streamed constantly becuase most gamers use 1gb while even the powercards with alot of vram aren't even enough for this kind of gaming. it's explained by dice here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5011/n...hics-tech-talk
    a gtx580 is faster but the 10% extra fps cost 50% more and when going really high end like my 6 megapixel vison it is caught up even by a HD6950.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I disabled the Home Hub firewall. Also, these are my forwarding settings, are they correct? because in the guide the "trigger protocol" was greyed out so not sure whether it needs to be udp or tcp.

[​IMG]

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    I keep getting disconnected from the servers.. What about you guys?

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Played little of this on friends PC last nite, saw the first level, to me i didnt think it was that great, very scripted and looks poor (soliders dropping without even being shot at).

Some nice graphical touches but some really low res stuff and people where complaining about rage, i wouldnt mind if DICE didnt hype it up to be the best thing since sliced bread but im not overly impressed.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    same... but!!!

just tried a non pb server and all is good. only pb servers kick me all the time. so it's a pb issue??? My mate can't even play atm, it fails release date check so I sent him the instruction on how to use proxy. funny that it works without proxy a mile up the road, go figure.

14. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi guys..

Some Audio Problems with Battle Field 3, the cutscene sounds are cutoff or repeating like echo, anyidea...... No problems in Game only happening in Cutscenes so frames also stutters a little bit....

Playing @1600*900 Settings High VSync On, Antialiasing turned off, 35-51fps....

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea BF3's PB is funky..

I remember in beta every time i quit my nod32 FW said Pnkbstr b.exe has been modified do i want to allow it..

heh I never had that with any other PB game.. I bet its doing something fishy.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sorry mate, I'm a n00b when it comes to port forwarding... just tried to check if my ports are forwarded and I don't think they are, according to this...

[​IMG]

also, my external ip is different from my normal ip? I'm such a n00b when it comes to networking I'm afraid...

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    To people getting kicked/disconnected was happening to me today you need to copy this file

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/bf3/pbsec.htm

save as

in to your battlefield 3/pb folder in your program files, I tried updating using the pb program and even though it said it worked I was still getting disconnects, when I did this I can play fine again.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    including the couple of lines of text in the file?

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    so you save the file as html doc then drop it in the /pb folder?

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    yes this save it as a html file drop it in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\pb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.