Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Why so big?

2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    well a humans fov is close to 180 so I guess 90's not too much, although over that on a flat surface would look messed up obviously.

70 seems fine to me.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    8GB Ram is nice, i run many apps in background and dont use pagefile. Also ram here is very cheap (produced here in Poland).

So DX10 vs DX11 is same performance ? Anyone seen or done benchmarks ?

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Was an article posted a few pages back, though at the rate this thread is going, it could be a few dozen pages :p

Anyway, it said that DX11 was around 30% faster than DX10, will see if i can find it.

5. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
  6. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    I'm getting weird stuttering and lag again. It used to happen at the beginning of the campaign but disabling the "enhanced mouse" option fixed the stuttering. Played quite a few missions just fine and it ran flawlessly but lately the stuttering started happening again. It's really annoying, the beginning of a new mission runs just fine but after a few minutes the stuttering slowly starts to creep in until the game becomes almost unplayable. Lowering some of the graphical options doesn't seem to help at all, although disabling motion blur seemed to help a little but the stuttering is still there. Almost seems like a memory leak of some sort. Anyone else getting this?

7. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
  8. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    U do know that windows 7 takes about 15 mins to install on an SSD? :p

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    minus all the drivers, and all tweaks. personally it takes days for me to setup win7 the way i want it :)

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    any one else experiencing severe sere lag cause last night and today the servers have been extremely laggy and I only play in us servers and I'm wasn't the only person that noticed it.on a good note I got a pretty good match in even with the insane server lag.
    [​IMG]

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  12. zigihammer

zigihammer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060
    inv me to friend list:
    zigihammer

13. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    I know but initial install is fast compared to on a normal HDD,i'll be doing the same thing when i get my new mobo and 2700K (cancelled 2600K due to Scan dropping the 2700K price to £258) :D so i cud be on BF3 in less than an hour after installing the hardware :)

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AAAAAARGH! the ssd came today (amazing btw) but BF3 didn't, will be here tomorrow, already managed to blag an 3pm finish for tomorrow so it's all good. I'll just set everything up (install windows, updates and everything) for tomorrow and then it's game on. Looks like FIFA tonight, oh well :(

15. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well so far it seems that the matches have been fairly well balanced. I've played a lot of close matches that have finished with 0-30 ticket counts. Only a few times have I played and its been a total rape of like 200-0.
    BC2 seemed like it was always a rape on one side.

16. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    So do you guys think this game is worth putting on an SSD? I have one as my boot drive (120gig). I'm guessing only the load times would be affected and that their is no streaming the game from the hard drive as the game goes along?

EDIT: I am thinking about getting a 120gig OCZ Vertex 3 (SATA 3) just to install this game on (or a different one at about the same price).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i havent noticed a difference between this game being on a ssd or hdd. it loads pretty fast on either one.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm.... just got my Crucial M4 64gb today. I will have enough space on the ssd for BF3, but if there isn't a lot of difference, I'll stick it on the hard drive. Unless someone has a completely different experience and ssd helps quite a bit with loading times.

19. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    I don't mind the 'loading bar' wait as the game loads. I was just mainly wondering if anything loads in as you play sort of thing. Would it make the game fell more snappy and responsive (not in a fps sort of way)?

I'm not sure if it would also help with getting on the map first and getting to the vehicles (if you are that way inclined) as there is a count down timer from what I remember from the beta.

20. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Interesting eclap... (read above! :nerd:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.