Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GPU

GPU Guest

yea in the base it's going to be raining helo's with noob flyers in them.

2. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Man, told my friends I will be out of town that day! Its my birthday and they want to do something. Id rather play damnit! I will celebrate on the weekend LOL.

3. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Why is everything a one tone color in this game?!! :banana:

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the 480 is an absolute brute when overclocked, mine was a really good price, and it came with a Thermalright Shaman cooler so the temps are nice and low (hit max 65C today playing BC2) and it's super quiet.

Those new screens look amazing, they should stop teasing us NOW! Just give us the game!

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    hellz yea.

:biggun:
    :rpg:
    :tomcat:

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Is that the best you can get out of your 480 with your shaman? i can get 865 stable @ 1.113v but went with 850 in the end as i like rounded numbers :D. It's an epic cooler, did you get the VRM cooler to go with it? (with that attached it looks fantastic IMO).

Can't wait to see the 4 new map pics tomorrow but i really want to see the layouts more than anything.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, it came with the VRM cooler as well, the whole thing is massive. I could push it more, in fact the guru I bought it from (Kitch9) used to run it at 850 as well, but I'm quite happy with 800mhz @ 1.100v. just tried F1 2011 benchmark, gained 25fps compared to the 6870, same settings. Played BC2 maxed @ 1080p with 8xAA and I swear I haven't seen it dip below 70fps and averaging around 80fps! with my 6870 it was dipping into 40s sometimes, averaging 55-60. Massive upgrade. If FB2 scales similarly I'm all set with this gpu. what a good buy this was. I never thought I'd buy one of these, but hey, I also bought the 8800gtx when it was a couple of years old and it still lasted me ages.

Anyway, back on topic, have a few questions about BF3..

1. will we get a full map?
    2. will we get the distance to objectives to show like it shows in BC2? (didn't show in the beta)
    3. is it just me or did spotting not work in the beta? the game just beeped when I tried to spot things or when I asked a friendly tank for a lift.

8. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Can't answer 1 and 2 for you but I for number 3 the reason you would get beeping is when you would basically spam the spotting button. If you hit like 5 times in a row it basically says ****ing stop hitting me so much.

The spotting wasn't completely accurate and didn't always work but it worked. Just chill on the spot key and you should be fine.

9. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    1, there is talk of it BUT nothing solid right now.

2, yes at release there is a distance indicator to objectives, check the below video of operation firestorm from IGN, you can clealry see the distance numbers under the objectives letter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDIwNcAF7s4

3, spotting worked ok for me, i think you only get the bleep if you kept on pressing the q button to stop you doing it.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, don't think spotting ever worked for me no matter what I did :/

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
  12. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    any idea when the origin pre-load date is?

13. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    It can actully be done via PC aswell using the android SDK, install that and get the free scrabble for android app and away you go (perfectly legal, just incase anyone decides to jump in saying it's not), luckily i don't need to bother as my origin name is what i use in games already.

This is one stupid thing, how on earth they programed this into phone apps and not into the official origin app/website is just crazy.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I created my origin name with that in mind... thank god for that. Atm it's actually my biggest gripe with origin. At least steam uses your friends name.

15. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Oh Amazon, you bitch.

You changed it to 50$ instead of 40$. I hate you.

16. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    You might get it back from Amazon after the game shipped.

[edit]
    2000! :)

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I would guess 3 days before launch.

18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Honestly, for a title THIS huge, they should do five days to a week. Sure, pirates will crack it, but that would happen regardless.

Just the servers will be swamped man.

19. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Anyone recommend where I should buy this from in the UK so I can have it for launch date ?

I was looking at amazon.co.uk or Zaavi.com which seem good prices...but do they ship a few days before so you get the game on the 28th, or do they ship on the 28th so you'll get it a few days later :(
    I'm not buying it through origin.

Or has anyone used this site http://play-sc.com where they send you the serial key for a game via e-mail ?
    Is it legit ?

20. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    @Mkilbride
    bf3 pretty much being really hyped up I kinda hope they don't do it on the 20th and just use the 20th-22nd for quality testing that's my concern.heck I expect to see hackers in the gold copy not to long after launch.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.