Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    For NA it has always been the 25th

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    have they confirmed that the other 7 maps are old style bf2 (size wise) instead of that of the map like metro. maybe there are 3 big maps and 4 metro like maps. ?

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I really don't know. I hope they're big, proper Battlefield maps.

Otherwise you'll just get servers full of Caspian, and Back to Karkand maps.

I can't see many BF vets wanting to play the likes of Metro too often.

4. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

Their are 9 maps with 2 different versions (well 3 if you count small version for small conquest) one for rush and another for conquest, so even though metro rush is quite smallish we dont know what the conquest version will be like.

also dice have said caspian borders is not the biggest map, so can't wait to see what is.

I bet the rush maps will be smiler size with a few big ones while the conquest maps will be all quite large.

also am I the only battlefield vet who likes rush? I even like metro,its a.....rush.

sure conquest will always be the main mode for battlefield but whats wrong with other modes too I even play a bit of tdm in bc2 it can be a nice change of pace, also because we are getting all game modes on all maps from day one no one is missing out on anything.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011

5. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Well, we also haven't seen the Conquest version of Metro yet. I think it could be quite a fun map with the urban environment.

Remember that all 9 maps will be playable in all modes.

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Yes great link there! I am bang on with my card and performance:

GeForce GTX 460
    The GeForce GTX 460 is the first card that gives you that unique Battlefield 3 "look" while maintaining solid framerates. At 1680 x 1050, the card lets you play at High Quality settings, which gives you most of the graphical bells and whistles, including antialiasing, ambient occlusion, detailed geometry, and detailed textures. The GeForce GTX 460 performs very well at this setting.

GeForce GTX 560/560Ti/570
    With any of these three graphics cards, you are getting a full Battlefield 3 experience. Simply put, this is 1080p at High Quality at 40 fps or more. With the GTX 570, you can bump individual settings a little higher (for example, Ultra quality Textures or Effects) or you can opt to play at higher framerates on the same preset. If your budget is more limited, the GTX 560 is a perfectly sound option.

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    Congratulations to DesGaiZu for getting his service medal for Guru3d clan :D

8. zigihammer

zigihammer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060
    inv me to clan ;] nick: zigihammer

9. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    nice one lads keep going, Ive decided that whoever gets the most points for the clan come the end of the beta I will send out a Guru of 3d plexi glass that you can do as you wish, Ive made it to mount a 360 rad but you can do whatever with it. This is it, totally hand made with love

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=351559

10. MfA

MfA Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    List of maps uncovered from the beta !

11. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    wow..Nice one davetheshrew...
    That is an great idea^^

Guys, u heard em..get going hehe...

12. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    thanks beta, I made it last night between game and thought this would be a perfect prize, Ive asked hh if its cool, waiting for a response :)

+ I will etch the winners forum name into the bottom of it before shipping :)

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Thats typical for a BF game. You either travel with a squad [IE: One with a medic, or two], hop in a vehicle, or get sniped walking across the map.

Really, people seem to have trouble with the whole "conquest" thing. You are meant to both capture and defend flags. Period. Just stay around a flag at the front, and stop trying to chase enemies around the entire map.

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Also, if it is 1942 Omaha, I will be estatic. I liked Omaha more then Wake...

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Man that's really cool of you dave.

Just had a pretty amazingly fun couple of rounds, showing them how to rush :p

Use defending
    [​IMG]

Then us rushing, they were totally overwhelmed not one of us stopped pushing forward.
    [​IMG]

16. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Can someone confirms how much performance increase can you get from 280.26 to 285.38(beta) on the GTX480(or similar)?

17. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Just played it for the first time. Have to say, BF3 is nasty. Not what I was expecting at all.:bang:

18. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Rush is actually simple: Get two squads of 4, have one guy of each squad hold back, and keep sending wave after wave after wave at a point. Should have the other side on non-stop defense, and sooner or later, they will fold.

Too many rush teams are simply too slow moving to positions, and die without setting up proper spawns. Then they complain when they can't take a single point.

19. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    no problem DesGaizu I may not be staff here but Ive been here a while now and feel part of the team if you know what I mean, its fun dishing out a prize now and then, bring the community together so to speak, this forum was becoming a hive for trolls and little things like this stamp them out not bans, bans seem to encourage them to make dupe accounts and get even moar hungry, this hopefully will lighten things up, kinda like Hallryu's chill out zone.

20. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    guys,

i need help on this one, i get this message when i try to enter a server

"Game launching is currently disabled due to restart of the Battlefield 3 PC back-end"

can someone please help me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.