Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah, no commander and Comm rose is really annoying me, as is rush mode as no-one works as a team most the time so it takes so long on the first bit, it's boring.

I want new maps because for me none of the BF2 maps did it for me. El Alamein, Wake, Midway, Berlin, Iwo Jima, Kharhov, Market Garden, Battle of Britain, to name but a few (that's me been selective of good maps, and I could go on all day if I was including awesome DCX maps (it had over 70 maps). I just want my goddamn ships and subs back.

2. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    I'll definitely be buying it but I have to say I am slightly disappointed when I read you can only damage buildings rather than completely destroy them and that I have to upgrade my pc to play on max settings.

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Thanks bud I have no doubt now that my pc can run it cause I play bc2 all on max,but with 1360*768.

4. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Ok I had a go at the Alpha over at my cousins, and all I can say is WOW ! Clearly for people who think its BC2.5, I am not sure they are playing the same game or even playing it at all and are really infact hidden MW3 nabs slating it out of spite.

First of all the animations are amazing, the ANT engine is gorgeous, the running, jumping, hopping, bobbing of the gun is eerily realistic, it can only improve from here I guess.

Frostbite 2 is ULTRA scalable, I am guessing most of the high-res textures in this is simply missing to lighten the load (sometimes clearly visible, obvious alpha), and when the finished product or at least BETA comes out, we will be able to see it in a very different light, it ran like butter on a single 6970, but did crash now and then (a given)

Vehicles, only a light tank, though ( im a vehicle nut), is great to pilot, and I felt right at home in it. There is little room to innovate here, but I am sure most is to be seen when jets, choppers and heavy tanks turn up.

Finally, the sound .... Need I say more? SPECTACULAR ! This is clearly the best sounding FPS as far as I can remember, most of the FPSs (even though some are good) KILL themselves with poor gunshot sounds, explosions and ambient effects, and sound like a hamster wheel spinning, not this .. Truly outstanding, BC2 had great SFX, but this is just on another scale.

Ofcourse I could go on about the nifty flashlight use, the blind fire, etc, but these are simply icings on an already gargantuan chocolate cake, and come October, I ll be stuffing myself to the brim !

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Mw3....i cant stand cod mate,have not played a cod game since cod 2 as BF2 owns every cod game:)

6. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Well, the BC-comments don't come from a technical perspective. I think everyone agrees that the game looks much better than BC2.

It's more about the gameplay stuff, with spotting and 4-player squads being some of the "leftovers" of BC which are not fan-favorites.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    God please stop using the "hurr kiddy cod player" when anyone points out something they don't like in bf3

its gettings very tedious.

Im a massive bf fan and it no doubt shows in my posts but veteran has a few good points.

3d spotting is rubbish it lets you camp it up in a bush while just aiming at orange triangles, its the reason I played HC in bfbc2 as it removed it.

mini map spotting works fine I hope they remove 3d spotting or fix it in some way so it only shows last place they were spotted.

also commander would be nice, but even just squad leaders been able to give basic commands would be nice you can't even point a objective out, e.g attack point A like you could in bfbc2.

but it is alpha so iv still got high hopes, I spoke to quite a few of the devs and they are listening which is positive.

imo its leaps and bounds above bfbc2 not just in looks and animations but in gameplay, the guns feels better you don't feel like a robot running round with a gun everything is fluid and smooth, they have fixed balancing the classes and many other things.

They just need to focus on the team aspect more as bf3 will bring a lot of new players who need guidance to help them enjoy the game and to help bf veterans not pull their hair out as these new people think they are playing tdm :3

8. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    When turning around or going around a corner is the movement like BC2?

BC2's turning movement feels different compared to other FPS's.

When you move left or right while walking forward it makes a slow wide curve rather than a sharp pinpoint turn.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It felt weird because it had negative mouse acceleration all the time. Hopefully they got rid of that.

10. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Movement is fluid, and so are the gun bobs and turns, very much like in real-life. I cant comment on 3D spotting as the only mode I ever played in BC2 is hardcore, which is the way the game is meant to be played, I think I spent overall about 20minutes on a normal server out of 480+ hours on hardcore. How can anyone not play hardcore is beyond me.

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Because i didnt know about HC servers. Sorry. But i'll look out for them in BF3, promised. :D

12. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I like the spotting thing they got going on. It helps communicate where the enemies are. I mean in real life if I see an enemy I'm going to call it out to my squad members and let them be aware of it.

I definitely think it could be tweaked a little bit though.

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    I prefer HC but regular is ok as well if I can't find a decent HC server. What I do like about non hard core is the ability to see how much health is left on your tank.

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    That is the way it should be! Pinpoint turns is COD which is an arcade feel...

15. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    The movement itself should still be precise. You can't simulate something heavy when moving a low weight mouse around. It may work with analogue sticks but not with a mouse.
    They could lower the overall movement speed or give the weapons a lower accuracy until they're settled. If the headless spray&pray kids didn't hit anything they'd move slower and more precise automatically. It's always bad to have a laggy feel though.

17. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Sure you can simulate momentum.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Oh yes and it works oh so well... moving your mouse back and forth all the time to move and then kill the momentum is great fun and definitely realistic.
    It more or less feels like playing with an ancient wireless mouse, input lag and a laggy connection all at once.

19. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    They could make the heavier weapons have delayed movement when turning, that would simulate weight. Try pinpoint something behind you with a M249 SAW within 2 secs, hardly possible in RL. (not that i have a SAW here, but....)

20. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well I haven't played BF 3 so I can't really comment on it. I haven't encountered any game that had momentum for mouse though, only for player movement (mouse still was fast and snappy).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.