Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is you Cowie? http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/cowie33/

Lot's of Wake xD

When you find you are dying a lot, change your play style, play to counter what kills you. This is how I play most of the time, I don't stick with one class all the time.

3. Matt87

Matt87 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce OC

sent request :)

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yup thats me
    its hard to play alot of wake and not die when i dont fly much.
    i like to target stuff now but no one likes to go jav or guided.,and its hard to trust if a tart gets in driver seat
    maybe will be another kit in a few months.
    only stat i care about is wins but i suck at that too.:)

ok not playing atm but when i log on will do :nerd:

5. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Still can't play, black screen after loading. It seems to be a fairly common issue but there's no fix, at least none of the potential fixes worked for me. It was fine until 2 patches ago and then it just refused to work any more.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Tried fix install on BF3, Did that work?

If Not.

Back up your games so you don't need to download them again, default directory for 64bit OS is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games"

Copy them onto a different hard drive or cut them out of that location.

Uninstall Origin and also the Web Plugin for BattleLog, run CCleaner to clean registry. http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Make sure following directories do not exist, if they do, delete them.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin
    C:\ProgramData\Origin
    C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Origin
    C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\\AppData\Roaming\Origin

Restart your machine.

Get a new installer for EA Origin. http://www.origin.com/download

Install, let it update, log into your account.

Your games will not be there yet, close Origin, place game files back into following directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

Run Origin, for BF3 click download, it will see you have the files and install it.

After it is installed, restart your machine, just to be sure everything is installed correctly.

Run Origin, it should go to BattleLog, Get and install the new BattleLog Plugin, hopefully then you can play the game.

Other things you could try is make sure DirectX is up to date.

If everything fails, Reinstall Windows.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've done everything apart from re-install Windows, which I really CBA to do just for BF3. I guess I'll just suck and see, maybe they'll fix it one day.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you tried running Realmware BF3 Settings Editor http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/downloads

To change the game settings outside of the game, lowering them just to test.. all low, sound to Hi-Fi + Stereo Mode normal.. does it Run then? Fiddle with the settings see what happens.

Can you run the game offline, as in single player?

*edit*

Another thing I thought of, have you tried deleting the games settings folder?

There will be a "Battlefield 3" folder in your Documents folder, deleting that deletes the save games and all settings for the game.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Well **** a duck, I got it working. The problem was Virtu MVP. I didn't actually have it open, in the taskbar or anything, but apparently it was trying to load and crashing BF3 without ever appearing.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

It's always something you least expect.

11. Matt87

Matt87 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce OC
    Had same problem I just disabled it virtu mvp in bios. Hopefully next update they fix bf3 problems :wanker:

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lame Factor:

U drive the CAR/JEEP or what ever its name in the game. u drive it to a friendly on foot soldier. while u drive the vehicle through him, u bail out and the vehicle kills him..such lame behaviour.

13. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Just uninstalled BF3, the reasons may sound stupid but I just got bored and fed up with a combination of Origins general crappyness linked to the fact that DICE really will never fix any of the issues the game has.

The story went simply like this, decided I just wanted a quick run and gun at an assignment, the capture 10mcoms one. So double click my BF3 launch icon and get hit with an update Origin dialogue. So I do this and then Origin point blank refuses to run, BF3 launch does nothing, Origin icon does nothing even the .exe double clicked from within the install folder does nothing.

Reboot the computer, here's a hint EA if your software requires a reboot to allow you to run it, it is very nice that you tell the god damn customer this.

So finally Origin runs and boom updating BF3, 2 and a bit gig later (the same update I downloaded the other day perhaps, I dunno.) and finally I get to battle log, where it then asks me to update some crap to do with a plugin, to be honest by this stage I was so bored and so annoyed I couldn't be bothered reading what it was it needed me download and install.

So I do that, quite Firefox and select BF3 again, finally find a server select to launch and get told that the game is not installed. Yeah 3 updates, 15minutes, very bored, very pissed and now the game doesn't even exist on my computer.

So too google I go and it turns out I need to select BF3 and select a repair of the game, so at this point decided I would rather go to programs and uninstall BF3, Origin and finally, once and for all be done with this poorly implemented, horribly supported, waste of hard drive space.

From the desire to have a quick 20 minute blast in game to a thoroughly annoyed and pissed off gamer in less than the 20 minutes I would have spent playing the game, nice work EA.

14. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb

lol what game are you playing? after last update origin has been running smooth as silk and after the latest bf3 update i no longer have any ping spikes the game has been very enjoyable :)

15. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I find this entire sequence of events and your conclusion irrational, but that's just me. I feel strongly that DICE does do a good job with post-launch support for its games, unlike most other companies which stop patching or releasing DLC within a few months after release.

Origin isn't perfect, but frankly I've had just about as many problems with Steam. They both have their glitches. BF3 isn't perfect either, but almost all the problems I've seen have been worked out.

I'm looking super-forward to Armored Kill, and BF3 is one of my favorite games, ever. All I can say is "your loss."

- PR-0927

16. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb

are you playing normal or hardcore servers? i found playing on hardcore is most enjoyable less tards running around as well.......

also if anyone plays on hardcore add me bobdude81

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Other companies usually don't have to tinker with the balance a year after release though. Maybe that, in combination with (just call it "different") quality at the time of release is the reason for their "support" ;)

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    After my buddy showed me how to do 100-2 KDR with jets, I uninstalled the game. To be fair, I was also tired of it. It is a good game but it doesnt feel Battlefield. All classes seem the same and there is no teamwork. Dont get me started with the m16/m14...

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
  20. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not wholly rational but let me throw something in your direction for one second, I've been gaming in one form or another for 28 years, in all that time I have NEVER had to download and install three separate patches to get a game to run. Then on top of that a reboot and a repair install.

Slice it whatever way you want but BF3 has required far too much hoop jumping, from the day one issues that required my GPU to be volt tweaked (the only game to need that) through to having to tweak my router settings just to join a game. Everything right from the fact that we had to install Origin to start with right through to having to install, reboot and repair mutliple patches to get the game to work. They know people will put up with it so they keep doing it and I am sorry but that is just wrong.

The thing is if BF3 was a truly great game then perhaps the hoop jumping would be even mildly viable, but it just really isn't. Riddled with cheaters, crap hit detection, user interaction, annoying glitches the game is at best a very average FPS and given the hit and miss affair with the hit detection it sometimes struggles to be even that.

You say 'my lose' I say I wish I had 'lost' this game a good few months back.

Oh well Borderlands 2 is round the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.